Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Feb 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
As others have said, it's nice to write them for other people to read, but also for me/us to look back on, it does take work and a comment is always appreciated

A tip from me is to write it all up in Word and then copy and paste, that way people don't have to wait too long between days

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I have written two, only had a few comments on them which were greatly appreciated. Many of my days had no comments so either people read and didn't comment or they didn't enjoy them. I hope mine was interesting and helpful to others but even though it wasn't read as much as some others on here I will still write another from our next trip, as it's really lovely to be able to look back at and reread, almost like a talking photo album 😊.
Haha I could have written this myself
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

I love writing trip reports too. I often look back at mine. I've done four so far and am currently writing my fifth about half term at DLP. It will be interesting to compare it with MrsSilverStar, so keep going Mrs S -you never know, we might see each other in the photos.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

I tend to do live photo reports - I know it is the only way I can log what we get up to

I am not a Disney visitor so they do have a different audience! I do them to look back on but it is so very lovely to get comments!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
I’d just like to say a huge thank you to all those who write trip reports.losing myself in someone’s adventures is one of the highlights of my day .the photo’s always make me feel like i’m there and I love to see your plates of food .i also get inspiration and often think oooh must try that ! It must take a lot of effort but please know we appreciate it
Completely agree with this, I love reading all of the trip reports. They’re all so well written and clearly a huge amount to time and effort are put into them. I also found them so useful as a planning tool as I could see what my family would enjoy, plans that worked well/not so well etc.
No countdown for the foreseeable for us unfortunately so I’m actually looking forward to some of your holidays so I can read about them!
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I've recently finished my very first full trip report, I loved doing it. I also love reading trip reports and I always put a comment on each and every day (I didn't used to but for the last 2 years I do), partly for the author to know I've enjoyed the read and also so I can keep track of the reports and days that I've read! I also love reading a completed trip report
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore-x
Helping Mickey

I'd like to say thanks to all the writers too! I love reading them although i've never done one myself, maybe next time! I always comment but admittedly only on the final day once i've read it all
Eeyore-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I love writing my trip reports up, I did the last one live which I really enjoyed doing. I write them mainly for myself, but it’s lovely to get comments too.

I was inspired to write my own by reading lots of other reports, and I still love reading others reports although I’m a little behind with a few I’m currently reading due to work commitments 😢

I’ve learned so much from other dibbers reports, so I would like to add my thanks to all of the trip report writers too 😁

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
I love writing trip reports too. I often look back at mine. I've done four so far and am currently writing my fifth about half term at DLP. It will be interesting to compare it with MrsSilverStar, so keep going Mrs S -you never know, we might see each other in the photos.
Ooh, I'll look out for yours then! Always fascinating to see how much a holiday at the same time, same place can be totally different. I'll try and get my second day up tomorrow.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love reading about other people's adventures, perhpas its because I'm incredibly nosy. It's brilliant to see what they got up to on holiday and as others have said it's great for tips. I love the most detailed reports. RedRach had a great one last year and I'm looking forward to her Easter adventure. There are so many out there that all have slightly different takes on things.

I don't think I could do what Mel or Lynda did and write while away, but Geoff is right having notes helps to jog your memory of what happened.

I worried before posting my own that they wouldn't be appreciated by you guys, but then I decided that was crazy as I love writing them and as others have said it's lovely to have the daily diary of all our special times. Now I've started I'm totally addicted to the writing of it, regardless of whether anyone else reads them!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree , they do such a good job as it’s such hard work.
I only got to day 4 or something and it really was hard work.
I feel bad that people invested time to read it and I never finished it.
I have thought about just trying to get it done now but my memory is scarce and it would be rubbish .
I found it so hard to find time to appreciate the holiday and write decent notes 😔
Thank you to everyone that’s perservered !

Edited at 10:45 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List