Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Feb 18, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This is sickening! I'm so sorry for your poor boy. I don't have children but would look to change schools. It couldn't affect his work more than skipping class. Contact the police too. Burning and scarring someone is not "normal" bullying.

My brother was bullied and the school were useless. It actually took a few of my older cousins to let this boy know the next time he was hurt they would do the same to the bully before he stopped. They didn't touch him and my brother was never bullied again. Nasty little monster.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

A child (young teenager) who can burn another person has a serious problem that is likely to get worse. It’s not just a spiteful prank, it could be a deep-seated issue.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

A school who doesn't take a student burning another student seriously ?
Get him out of there !
I had to move schools the year before GCSEs , it wasn't ideal as there were some syllabus differences but because I was happier i actually didn't mind and with hindsight probably would have got worse results if I hadn't moved. He's in the top classes so is no doubt capable of great results if he isn't paralysed with fear.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

OP how did it go last night with your son? Did you manage to speak with him?

Lots of good advice on here but I'd start with seeing what he wants. Change schools? Change class? Continue as now but with school sorting something? That will give you your way forward.

I'd explain that what's happening is no way his fault and that you and your DH are there for him and that you both need to speak to the Head after reporting the burn to the Police. You must take this as seriously as it is in order to force the school to take action. Even if you're moving schools it still needs dealing with. Don't let you DS think running away us the easy option as he'll always regret not addressing the bullies.

Good luck. Now it's time to turn your hurt and frustration into action and make the school listen.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandieb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pjamas View Post
I would take this above the HOH’s head now. It would seem that you have exhausted that channel and they haven’t performed. Book an appointment with the head/deputy head and ask the HOH to be present. There should be absolutely no excuse not to accommodate this request. Don’t go alone have someone who can remain objective with you to take notes. Insist on a full action plan moving forwards that prioritises your son’s safety and happiness. I’m so sorry to hear this, it must be awful for him. Don’t let them fob you off!
Somehow you need to find the strength to try and deal with in as unemotionally as possible, keep your cool, and do exactly as Pjamas says above - sound advice from them.

Hope something gets sorted for you all
Sandieb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Thanks for all the advice guys .. I was hoping for a quiet weekend but other DS ended up developing a rash and it was a trip to the walk in but all was ok by Sunday afternoon
I have spoken to DS and he is determined to stay in the school as he does have friends there (I sort of understand but would rather move him) so looks like changing class is the only option .. however I am going to speak to the them and ask that the bullies be moved as it is 100% not his fault and he should not be punished for it. I was giving the HOH today to get back to me but still nothing so I am going to try to make an appointment with the head after work.
I also take the boys to guitar lessons tonight and normally DS does chat to me when its just us 2 in the car so hopefully I will find out how things have went today .. im going to take him to starbucks after i collect him and drop his brother off at his lesson.
thanks guys .. it helps to have someone to talk to

Lisa x
Old 26 Feb 18, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
Thanks for all the advice guys .. I was hoping for a quiet weekend but other DS ended up developing a rash and it was a trip to the walk in but all was ok by Sunday afternoon
I have spoken to DS and he is determined to stay in the school as he does have friends there (I sort of understand but would rather move him) so looks like changing class is the only option .. however I am going to speak to the them and ask that the bullies be moved as it is 100% not his fault and he should not be punished for it. I was giving the HOH today to get back to me but still nothing so I am going to try to make an appointment with the head after work.
I also take the boys to guitar lessons tonight and normally DS does chat to me when its just us 2 in the car so hopefully I will find out how things have went today .. im going to take him to starbucks after i collect him and drop his brother off at his lesson.
thanks guys .. it helps to have someone to talk to

Lisa x
Firstly I am very glad he has friends as that is always a worry if he is getting bullied. I would write down all the facts and everything that has happened and present all this to the head teacher and ask him what he is going to do to guarantee your son's safety and stop the bullying as at the moment you are let down!

Good luck for tonight
Old 26 Feb 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Bless him. In that case i would agree. Go over HOH's head and ask that the bullies are removed from the class or at the very least, away from your son and put on a probation or something. Hopefully his friends can be put near him.

I also would want all of his teachers to be aware of the situation so they can be extra vigilant. They can't protect him if they don't know.

Enjoy your Starbucks time! X
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

I'm disgusted! That Head of House clearly isn't doing their job, and I would suggest the entire teaching staff need some sort of brief on how to help their students who are suffering from bullying, and letting students know they have options, what they can do etc, rather than this happening to anyone else!
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
On a side note I am sooo stressed, I am gutted every time he leaves for school and I just worry all day about him. My OH (not his dad) is so unsupportive, he might have well as said he thinks son is making it up. I know he isn't as he did try to hide the burn and I have never seen him like he was when he has broken down and the boys admitted it to the HOH .. i met a friend for coffee the other day and she commented on how tired and worn I looked

Lisa x
I'm so ANGRY reading that Lisa.

I don't have any ideas but really feel for your son no kid should have to suffer that type of aggression at school. To be honest physical harm should always involve the police. These kids need some fear put into them!