Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Any useful info for a 1st DLP visit?

Hi all,

Got a DLP trip booked for me and my partner week after next, I'm a fan of Disney, but it's my partners dream come true to visit so i'm really excited to share that experiance.

We are spending the Mon & Tues at the parks (DLP Mon, WDS Tues) so my question to you all is, what tips do you have for negotiating the parks! I plan to go on everything but Space Mountain and Indiana Jones as i'm a big wuss, and don't like going upside down!

We are staying at the Hipark in Serris, I have to say i'm so excited about the town, it looks great with the shopping centre etc.

So yeah, basically, the do's and don't really, along with any useful tips! Thanks so much!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

First of all, if you want to fit in any shows / parades, etc, then check times and plan your day around them.

I don’t know how busy it will be, but if you’ve only got one day in each park, I’d still be on the ball with fastpasses. Maybe start with passes for Big Thunder Mountain for the park, and Crush for the Studios, if they’re still doing fastpasses for Crush. If not, then I’d go for Ratatouille first. Then if you get chance, collect more fastpasses for other rides as soon as you can.

Also, have a look at a park map and work out a rough plan for which rides you want to go on in each land, so you don’t end up walking back and forward between lands all day.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you! :-)
Old 24 Feb 18, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sassysar
Apprentice Imagineer

sassysar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went this month and I wore furry snow boots , gloves , hat , scarf and woolly tights under my jeans and was cold at times ! Give up on fashion and stay warm it makes for a better day ! We had snow and some rain and only some of the queues are indoor .
sassysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

I think the best advice, wrap up warm... Drink plenty of coffee/hot chocolate... And just take your time. I think 2 days in a not so busy time of year will mean you should manage to do all that you want to. Download a map and start planning your route.
Old 26 Feb 18, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

In two days you may not get all of it done. Added to what others have said read some trippies and watch some trip vids

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunnydreams
Earning More Ears

One tip, we got back yesterday. If in Hollywood studios and feeling the cold grab a hot drink and go upstairs in the food court area. There are stairs on the side. It was really warm and quiet up there
Sunnydreams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

Be sure to make a note if there's any particular restaurants you'd like to visit, maybe make a reservation if need be, or work out if you're happy to just find the nearest place when hungry
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Sassysar: Thank you, I sure am going to wrap up warm! Don't want to be cold!

Bondy007: Thanks, will wrap up warm! It's suggesting to not be busy so I hope that's the case. Going through the map and planning now!

Peter H: Watched plenty of videos! I feel like a pre-attendee expert! It's our first trip so if we have to go back to do some things we missed that's a perfect shame :-) !

Sunnydream: Thanks for the tip! I bet a few minutes of peace and quiet is a god send on a day there!

Adcro: Buzz's pizza planet looks fun, table service luckily!

Thanks for all the advice, everyone. One more thing: The park opens at 10am for non-Disney hotel visitors, what time should I be looking to get there to get in at a decent time? Are there big queues? What's the 'entry' process for tickets pre-purchased through a 3rd party. (Picniq)

Thanks!
Old 27 Feb 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sjc100
Gone all Goofy

Pizza Planet is shut for good now. If it helps soften the blow, it was nowhere near as good as it should have been! I believe it was shut for being "Un-Disneylike" or something like that.

The queue lines generally aren't too bad to get in through the main gate. I think the only time I have done any real queuing to get in is to get into Studios

Edited at 09:30 AM.
sjc100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List