Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Feb 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
taylorjo4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Grand Floridian vs Boardwalk Inn

We have the option of staying in a standard garden view room at the Grand Floridian or water view room at the Boardwalk Inn. What would you choose? We love the location of the Boardwalk but Grand Floridian might be a once in a lifetime experience. We really can’t decide so any advice is welcome! Thanks.
taylorjo4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I haven't stayed in either but if given the choice I would go for the Boardwalk. However, I love Epcot (it's the reason why I keep going back to WDW) - and the Boardwalk area resorts are fantastic just for the proximity to Epcot and DHS.

If I'm not wrong you can't walk from the GF to MK so that means that you have to depend on boat/monorail to get from the GF to MK? Whereas you can walk from BW to Epcot and DHS. I like walking so that's a plus for the BW for me...
Old 24 Feb 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

i too have never stayed at either but have spent time around both..I love both but between the two GF would win...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
If I'm not wrong you can't walk from the GF to MK so that means that you have to depend on boat/monorail to get from the GF to MK?
You're not wrong surprisingly. I didn't know until recently that there is no way to walk from GF to MK.

This is really tough. Ordinarily, if you'd had the option of Boardwalk v Contemporary or Poly or WL, then we would plump for Boardwalk resorts every time because of the walk-ability and location. Absolutely loved our 2 weeks at Boardwalk last time and excited about Beach Club in a few months.

But as you say, GF could be once in a lifetime as you've been moved from your original booking I believe?. We scrape into the Beach Club/Boardwalk category every couple of years by really cutting back on other luxuries in our lives. As things stand we could probably never afford to stay at GF.

Appreciate the water view v standard room point as well but I'd just put a foot in the GF camp. Fantastic choice to have though.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Grand Floridian. I would never be able to afford to stay there (even on dvc it’s hard to get) so if it was offered I’d jump at it.
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Have stayed at grand Floridian and beach club but not boardwalk, love bc for location to Epcot, hs and boardwalk but gf would win hands down for opulence and we felt like royalty, stayed for 25th wedding anniversary and prob not get chance again so I would say do it if you can.
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Easy one for us. We own at the Boardwalk and love it there but would jump at the chance for Gf. 😀

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle87
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Tim tracker has just put a video up on YouTube on these resorts. Go have a look they may help you. I would love to stay at one of these resorts one day.
Danielle87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It’s a no brainer for me - Grand Floridian. As much as I like the idea of popping into World Showcase of an evening Epcot is my least favourite park so none of the Epcot resorts particularly appeal.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Grand Floridian every time. We stayed there to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary last year and it was awesome. We slept with our curtains open every night so we could wake up to this