Old 24 Feb 18, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DebbyDoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile Off site advice?

My in laws have asked me to get them a rough price guide for a trip to Orlando! Now I have been going for the past 22 years but we are DVC members and always stay on site.

Any suggestions for good/nice off site accommodation that won’t break the bank?

Thanks in advance!
Off site 1995 (age 9), ASS 1997, OKW 1999 VB, OKW 2000, OKW BW 2001, OKW DCL WL 2002, OKW 2003, DLP 2004 & OKW 2004, OKW, SS Portofino Bay 2005, OKW, SS Hard Rock Hotel AKL June 2006,OKW & BLT 2009, SSR Nov 2010, POR OKW 2012

DebbyDoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

A little more insight may help

What ball park figure are they thinking?

What us important to them? A clean cheap place to sleep, shower and store luggage or something a little nicer because they plan on spending time at the pool etc.

Will they have their own transport or will they need something with easy access to buses and park transfers?
Old 24 Feb 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JoeA
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I have once stayed at the Rosen Inn and Pointe Orlando.

It was cheap and cheerful and in a great location if your primary focus is to do attractions and not stay at the hotel much.

With a car opens up so many possibilities of local restaurants.

The price was so very cheap compared to on site.
JoeA is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DebbyDoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
They haven’t exactly provided me with any of that! They just texted my husband asking for an estimate. And well since I’m the planner it’s been handed to me.

I do know that they holiday very different to us are more about relaxing and unwinding by the pool. We’re hit the parks and go go go! And there will be at least 3 adults. I will be advising them to rent a car.

They have said they want to go when we’re going and we’re looking at Aug 19
Off site 1995 (age 9), ASS 1997, OKW 1999 VB, OKW 2000, OKW BW 2001, OKW DCL WL 2002, OKW 2003, DLP 2004 & OKW 2004, OKW, SS Portofino Bay 2005, OKW, SS Hard Rock Hotel AKL June 2006,OKW & BLT 2009, SSR Nov 2010, POR OKW 2012

DebbyDoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

I have stayed at the Point Orlando Resort a few times and going back in April. They have studios, one and two bed apartments -we stay in a one bed. Full kitchen, nice comfortable and clean accommodation and the pool area is nice with a nice bar. We paid about £80 per night - paying slightly less when I go now as if you have stayed once they give you a returning customer discount!
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Couple of decent ones on Hotel Boulevard( that's where we go if we need to save points over the weekend ), LBV is also a good choice but you can't really plan without a bit more detail! August isn't a lot to go on ! Do they want/need to be close to you ?
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DebbyDoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
No idea! My in laws rent very good at communicating with anyone lol. I’m guessing my mother in law wants as much info as she can get before she approaches my father in law with the idea. He is extremely hard to get to go anywhere.

Last year he took her on holiday to the town in the same country they had just moved from a few weeks before, she was not amused!

Thanks for the suggestions I was able to price a few things including onsite options and off site for what seemed reasonable prices to me!

Old 25 Feb 18, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DebbyDoo View Post
My in laws have asked me to get them a rough price guide for a trip to Orlando! Now I have been going for the past 22 years but we are DVC members and always stay on site.

Any suggestions for good/nice off site accommodation that won’t break the bank?

Thanks in advance!
Feels as if LBV would be your best bet in terms of being fairly near to you if you are staying onsite.

Maybe one of the bonnet creek condos? Eg, Wyndham or Hilton. Or one of the "villages" or other LBV resorts. They'd have familiar poolside lounging areas.

If they wanted something more inexpensive, there are places like Best Western or Clarion Inn, which is walking distance to Disney Springs

Edited at 12:28 AM.
Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Debby we stayed at Buena Vista Palace, which is basically the one you can see across the road from CP area, you basically came out the Hotel turned left, short 5 min walk to the bridge over to Disney Springs. Room was really nice ( but not what we are used to with DVC ) & as well as a lap type pool you had access to one just a short walk away that was really nice. We used Booking.com & there was no resort fee.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Tickets will still be a substantial cost - the accommodation piece is easier and cheaper imo!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List