Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Aug 14, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Arrived yesterday at MCO, booked SFAR and had option to upgrade to a minivan, didn't that that was an upgrade?

Edited at 11:09 AM. Reason: Not added MCO
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 14, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by crowbar View Post
Arrived yesterday at MCO, booked SFAR and had option to upgrade to a minivan, didn't that that was an upgrade?
Yup. It usually costs more to hire a minivan.
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 14, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Fantasia Sam
Imagineer

Fantasia Sam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 16
Restaurant Reviews: 55
This is a fab thread nordictat2girl thank you so much.

You mentioned about extra cover that you take out to cover lockouts, glass etc can I ask who do you take that out with?

Thanks

22 years, 36 Trips and counting:

DVC - BCV, WLV, BLT, OKW, SSR
WDW - Pop, AoA, CBR, AKL (Club), BC (Club), YC (Club), BWI, GF, Contemporary
Non-Disney - Four Seasons, Swan & Dolphin, Waldorf, Hilton LBV Palace
DCL - Wonder, Magic, Dream, Fantasy
DLP - Sante Fe, Sequoia, DL Hotel
DL - Grand Californian
Universal - Portofino Bay
Fantasia Sam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 14, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Can someone tell me the cheapest way to hire a full size car... preferably a Rav4 for 5 please in November 2015? Thats DL x
Old 17 Aug 14, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fantasia Sam View Post
This is a fab thread nordictat2girl thank you so much.

You mentioned about extra cover that you take out to cover lockouts, glass etc can I ask who do you take that out with?

Thanks
Thanks Glad it helps.

Yes, we personally think it's a good thing to have
We use Questor. We buy the annual policy as we travel a few times a year. It's £50 a year for the worldwide policy which also covers Europe in case you hire a car for a minibreak etc. but they also offer a one time trip policy but in our case it has always been worth it to get the annual.

questor-insurance/b...re-excess.aspx
You can get 15% off if you enter the code MSE2072 (code exp. 12/14) towards the end of the booking/purchase.

They will email a voucher and just print it out and KEEP it with your car hire voucher.

DisneyLover If you haven't already, go to the first page and check the various links for car hire and compare prices. Alamo Brits, Skyscanner etc. and then just book with whoever has the best price for your dates
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 14, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Great thread nordictat2girl

We fly into MCO in 2 weeks time. Car is booked through Alamo (midsize SUV). What car would you recommend for long periods of driving (we're heading to the Keys for a few days). There's only 2 of us - driver is 6'6. Are we better upgrading to a standard SUV?
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 14, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post

DisneyLover If you haven't already, go to the first page and check the various links for car hire and compare prices. Alamo Brits, Skyscanner etc. and then just book with whoever has the best price for your dates [/QUOTE]

Its for 5 weeks and know I had a price of around £600 all in for them with Ebookers when they had a deal on with a 10% code... do these happen often, but was told that there are often voucher codes or deals through quidco. The car isn't for me! Thanks though.

Just done a quick quote on this year prices as they don't go that far in advance and a Rav4 for 5 weeks coming back Xmas eve all inclusive is coming in at £637 with 6.5% back = £42, bringing to under £600 then if theres a 10% code off soon, I will let them know to book then! Thank you.

Edited at 02:57 PM.
Old 17 Aug 14, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by g1970 View Post
Great thread nordictat2girl

We fly into MCO in 2 weeks time. Car is booked through Alamo (midsize SUV). What car would you recommend for long periods of driving (we're heading to the Keys for a few days). There's only 2 of us - driver is 6'6. Are we better upgrading to a standard SUV?
Thank you

Since it's only the 2 of you...he can surely put the seat all the way back and you could upgrade to a standard but not too much difference in leg room so just stay with the Suv you have. It should be good for the long journey Have a great time in the Keys..lucky you!
Old 17 Aug 14, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyLover! View Post
DisneyLover If you haven't already, go to the first page and check the various links for car hire and compare prices. Alamo Brits, Skyscanner etc. and then just book with whoever has the best price for your dates
Its for 5 weeks and know I had a price of around £600 all in for them with Ebookers when they had a deal on with a 10% code... do these happen often, but was told that there are often voucher codes or deals through quidco. The car isn't for me! Thanks though.

Just done a quick quote on this year prices as they don't go that far in advance and a Rav4 for 5 weeks coming back Xmas eve all inclusive is coming in at £637 with 6.5% back = £42, bringing to under £600 then if theres a 10% code off soon, I will let them know to book then! Thank you.[/QUOTE]
Well we don't normally book a car til about the 5 month mark but that's just us or well since I do all the booking I guess I should say when I book lol.
Quidco does have special offers sometimes when booking car hire so do keep an eye out and of course if I come across a sale...I will post it
Old 19 Aug 14, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
CHAR
Being a bit Goofy

HI nordictat2girl
Really great thread, has been really helpful to me esp the pictures and the site links.
Can i ask based on ur experience, There are 4 adults and our DD of 17 months, we are thinking about a mini van as we will have a pram and 3 suitcases going and the pram and 5 large suitcases coming back looking at the pics is this the best car to go for for luggage space or is there a smaller one we could get?

Also on hiring car seats what are they like shes in a maxi cosy 20kg+ one at the minute?

Edited at 04:33 PM.
CHAR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List