Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 14 Aug 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Valentine View Post
I've just read this whole report, i'm starving now. All looked fantastic except the Plane Food, that didn't look good at all and I hate those Gu things, so sickly.
Thank you for sharing its lovely to get ideas. We love the Olive garden and always go every trip.
Hi thanks for reading. I must admit most of the food was lovely and definitely didn't put us off staying offsite again. Yeah plane food is very meh isn't it

Olive Garden was lovely, I think next time I'd happily just munch away on the salad and breadsticks

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Great report.
Really wish I could find a deal for £300 like you did
Thank you. I know I wish I could find another and I'd be there in a shot I keep checking but haven't been lucky at all. Fingers crossed for you and thanks for reading xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 9 - Millers Ale House and Plane Food

So today was the final day

Breakfast consisted of eating whatever snacks were still in the room, kids ate a nutritious breakfast of cereal, cheetos and rice crispie squares I had my garlic burger from SnS which had been in the fridge. I warmed it up in the microwave but it just wasn't the same

After dropping the cases off and quick last minute bit of shopping we headed for lunch.

Millers Ale House

We arrived at 11.54am to the Millers near Disney Springs ... sorry I can't remember the name of it We were seated promptly and taken to a booth. So at Millers kid's eat free on a Tuesday, you don't need to print a voucher off for this. We also had a join up offer for a free portion of zingers I think (honestly can't remember but we definitely had a voucher) I asked if it was ok to use this with the kid's eat free and I was told that was fine.

We ordered the zingers with garlic, I ordered my first alcoholic drink since the awful wine at Discovery Cove and got a Cherry Limeade cocktail. This was just $4.95. It was quite nice but VERY strong everyone else had soft drinks.

The zingers arrived quite quickly although we didn't manage to get a photo. These were $10.79.

Chris and I bother went for:

Philly Cheese - Grilled, sliced beef, sautéed onions, American cheese, hoagie roll - $10.29

Chris enjoyed his. Mine was the same but I just didn't enjoy it at all. I'm not sure what I expected but I just didn't enjoy it. I found the fries to salty and the philly cheese rather dry. I'm not sure if the blues were kicking in and this has clouded my judgement?

Caitlin had:

Pepperoni Flatbread - Mozzarella, Parmesan, oregano, marinara sauce. - $7.99

She really enjoyed this and shared some of it with Thomas as he wasn't keen on his meal.

Thomas had:

Grilled Chicken Breast - All Kids’ Meals (except Spaghetti and Meatballs) include a kids’ beverage (Soda, Tea or Lemonade) and a special Blue Bunny® dessert! - $5.49

We're not sure why Thomas opted for the grilled chicken breast but he didn't enjoy it at all so he ended up sharing pizza with Caitlin.

Noah had:

Hot Dog - $5.49

As usual Noah didn't like this, Chris and I tried it and there was nothing wrong with it, he just didn't like it he managed to eat a few fries.

This was such a let down for us all, we really didn't seem to enjoy it. I'd be willing to give it another try again as I think the last day may have played a part in our opinions somehow.

We went to pay the bill and they hadn't taken the kids meals or the zingers off. We mentioned to our server and she came back and took the zingers off but left the kids meals on. I explained about the kids eat free and she went off again. This time she came back with a manager who explained you can't do the free zingers and kid's meals. I told him the server informed us that we could, but she denied saying that! I was too tired and annoyed to argue with them so we paid up and left. Had we known we couldn't use both together we wouldn't have ordered the zingers. We only ordered them as they were free

The total we paid was
$61 including tip.

We had intended on staying at Millers for dessert as we still had about an hour to kill, but the food and the trouble with the bill we decided to skip it and head to SnS for milkshakes instead.

Steak N Shake

It wasn't too busy in here today. Our server was great too, very chatty and friendly, a much better experience than the last 2 we've had here Noah opted for:

Side By Side - Vanocolate - $3.49

Caitlin had:

Specialty Shake - Birthday Cake - $3.69

Thomas:

Specialty Shake - Nutella - $3.69

I had:

Specialty Shake - Nutella Shake with added M&M's - $4.19

Chris had:

Specialty Shake - Very Berry Strawberry - $3.69

We all really enjoyed these apart from Chris. Not sure why he didn't enjoy it but he said he wouldn't get it again. The kids were way too big for them, I think Noah only had 2 or 3 mouthfuls

This came to around $19. We had $30 cash left and needed some for tolls so we left
$25 including the tip and kept the rest for the tolls back to the airport.

Plane Food

This was the menu for the return journey. Again not to my liking at all so I was struggling with what to choose. We had our pretzels and first drink. I gave my pretzels to Noah. I just had a soft drink on the return.

The kids menu was the same as the outbound menu with cheesey pasta.

Chris was really looking forward to getting the BBQ pork but they had ran out so he had to get the curry.

He said it was ok, but Chris will eat most foods and not complain

When they came to me they explained they had ran out of economy food and would I be ok with a meal from premium. I obviously didn't have much choice I actually really enjoyed this, Chris was very jealous he kept leaning over and eyeing it up

I ate half and gave the rest to Chris to keep him quiet honestly it's like having a 4th child at times

Just before landing they came round with the pastry, yoghurt and cereal bar. The kids ate none of theres, I ate the pastry and Chris ate the cereal bar. I also had a cup of tea.

This concludes the report really but I will do a full run down of the budget trip in the next post

Total Spends

Day 1 - $178.49 - $28.49 over budget
Day 2 - $42.13 - $107.87 under budget. Add in yesterdays over budget gives us $79.38 extra on our $150 a budget
Day 3 - $155.42 - $5.42 over budget - $73.96 in credit
Day 4 - $146.73 - $3.27 under budget. $77.23 in credit
Day 5 - $139.61 - $10.39 under budget. $87.62 in credit
Day 6 - $104.16 - $45.84 under budget. $133.46 in credit ($104.46 if you count the TravelZoo voucher
Day 7 - $80.51 - $67.49 under budget. $200.95 in credit (not including Travel Zoo Voucher)
Day 8 - $150.11 - $0.11 over budget. $200.84 in credit
Day 9 - $86 - $64 under budget. $264.84 in credit.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Awh such a shame you didn't like Millers too much. We had a really lovely meal there--in fact my DH liked it so much, he's made it a "must-do" when we go back in October

At least the shakes seem to have made up for the poor lunch food.

I've really enjoyed your trippie and thanks for tallying up the costs--its always really interesting to see how much it all adds up.
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

its been a great report. Thanks for sharing 😀 I think your last day is always a bit sad, sorry Millers didn't live up to expectations, we have always enjoyed it. Steak n Shake is somewhere we have never been but it always looks good, perhaps we should give it a go.
Looking forward to the budget post.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I've never been to Millers. I'd have been irritated at the bill and server lying.
Steak and shake was a good idea for shakes, they do kids size ones think they are $1.99.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along

Joan
Old 17 Aug 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Well done on your budget trip. You had lots of nice meals and treats.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
That's a shame about the issue with the bill at Miller's. It's a dibb favourite that we have never been to. The shakes do look tasty. You managed to stay well within your budget for the trip which goes to show it's doable if eating off site.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Thanks for writing up your food report, I’m all caught up now. We still never managed Friendlys, Steak n Shake or Perkins!
I’d be a bit annoyed with Millers too, not the best experience at all.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ShezMcQ View Post
Awh such a shame you didn't like Millers too much. We had a really lovely meal there--in fact my DH liked it so much, he's made it a "must-do" when we go back in October

At least the shakes seem to have made up for the poor lunch food.

I've really enjoyed your trippie and thanks for tallying up the costs--its always really interesting to see how much it all adds up.
it is, I think we'll probably give it a try again as it does get rave reviews, just a shame it was tarnished.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it, I thought I'd get this done quicker than the last but lots of things got in the way

I quite enjoyed the tallying everything up, just wish I'd kept notes a bit better Thank you for reading x

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
its been a great report. Thanks for sharing 😀 I think your last day is always a bit sad, sorry Millers didn't live up to expectations, we have always enjoyed it. Steak n Shake is somewhere we have never been but it always looks good, perhaps we should give it a go.
Looking forward to the budget post.
Thank you for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it. You must give SnS a try and for the price you'd be mad not to tbh! X

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
I've never been to Millers. I'd have been irritated at the bill and server lying.
Steak and shake was a good idea for shakes, they do kids size ones think they are $1.99.

I think we'll probably return but it really did put me off! I didn't want to ruin our last day.

I'm not sure why we didn't get kids ones as they didn't have much last time either.

Thanks for reading and all the hints and tips Stephanie I really appreciate it x

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along

Joan
Thanks for reading along Joan, glad you've enjoyed it x

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Well done on your budget trip. You had lots of nice meals and treats.
Thanks again Stephanie x

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
That's a shame about the issue with the bill at Miller's. It's a dibb favourite that we have never been to. The shakes do look tasty. You managed to stay well within your budget for the trip which goes to show it's doable if eating off site.
I don't think I'm going to let it put me off, we will probably try it again after going back to some of our faves. The shakes are always lovely!

We did which I'm really surprised at as we didn't feel like we were scrimping when out and about as we still had drinks, food and treats out x

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Thanks for writing up your food report, I’m all caught up now. We still never managed Friendlys, Steak n Shake or Perkins!
I’d be a bit annoyed with Millers too, not the best experience at all.
Thank you for reading! Definitely pop them on your list for next time ... they taste even better with the vouchers. We'll probably try Millers again if we have a space to fill, it was such a shame on our last day x