Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 7 Aug 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Toddler Trials take on DLP June 2019 - Day 3

Toddler Trials take on DLP! June 2019 - Day 3
Wednesday 12th June

We were knackered this morning . Got ourselves up and dressed and headed to breakfast at 7:15. It was mobbed, not with tourists but with conference attendees. This was the only thing I didn’t like about Newport Bay, it was so busy with people attending conferences it reminded me a bit of being in a hotel on a work morning sometimes!

Libby was tired and fussy but ate some watermelon and a yoghurt.

We left all the conference people to it and headed round to Studios for it opening. It was a bit chilly this morning so a perfect excuse for Libby’s Buzz zipper!

Empty village

When they let us in, people sprinted to Crush’s Coaster so I went on that while Gary took Libby on Ratatouille. The girl I sat beside knew every single word and said it along with the ride! She knew the cast members too and told me she’d been on the ride loads before. I really enjoyed this even with all the spinning .

When I came off, I asked for rider swap like I had the day before but she said she needed to see the person swapping, which was a pain. I phoned Gary and he came back along to the exit. He went on crush and then we all went on Aladdin’s carpets.

This is beside the Monsters Inc scare area. Libby sprinted to see the Mike Wazowski statue, she loved him .

Looking for Boo

It’s a shame Sully didn’t come out when we were there but I think it’s just your luck, he isn’t a scheduled meet.

After we’d deposited some screams in the scream extractor, we headed over to Tower of Terror. Gary went on first then we swapped. I was panicking a bit I wouldn't be off for the Buzz Lineberty slots opening up and had Gary briefed exactly on what to do. I knew he wouldn't be as fast as me though!

Not an attractive picture but my face

FYI - Lineberty is an App used in the Studios park to book character meets. You essentially have to book a slot on the app, you can’t just queue as usual. Kind of like fast passes but they only open the slots 15 minutes before the meet time and they usually all go really fast.

Thankfully I was walking off the ride at 9:40 so we stood to the side and crazily refreshed the app until 9:45. I got slot no.1 (WOOOO ) and Gary managed to get 7 (I told you he wasn’t as fast as me ). The slots were all gone in a few minutes. Libby loves Buzz (& Toy Story in general) so this was going to be exciting.

We hotfooted it over to Toon Plaza, the meet started at 10 and since we were slot 1 we wanted to be ready and waiting for the man himself! When we got there, other people with slots appeared but also people who hadn't realised you had to book. We still had Gary’s slot 7 so offered it to an English family with a little girl, they were very grateful and we just showed the cast member Gary’s phone and they let them join the queue.

Buzz came out and Libby was absolutely starstruck, I’m not sure she could believe what she was seeing! Gary videoed it on his phone and my photos are of me up with her. He loved her hoody (although I’m sure he sees plenty of them!) and the rest of the queue all oooh’d and aaah’d over how cute she was .

Her face while he was stamping her book

After the Buzz meet, we headed through Toy story Playland. Unfortunately Slinky Dog was closed for refurb while we were there (an excuse to go back!). Gary was going to do single rider RC as it was only showing a 5 minute wait but the lady said it should say 25 so he came back out of the line. Libby played on Rex and in the tiny shop.

We walked round to Ratatouille, I still hadn’t been on but the wait was an hour and the fast pass slots available were now for much later in the day which didn't suit. The single rider line said 5 minutes so I went on that. It was basically a walk on, I think the single rider queue on this ride is always super fast!

When I got off, we went for a nappy change and walked round to do the Studio Tour. The wait said 15 minutes, it ended up being a bit longer but Libby was ok.

She liked the special effects on this and had a cute game of peekaboo with a young couple on the same row as us .

When we got off, we grabbed a Rock’n’Roller fast pass for 12pm. It was about 11:20 so not long to wait. We wandered round the shops then Gary went on R’n’R first.

While we were waiting, we met Push the talking trash can! I was so excited by this, he admired Libby’s Buzz jumper and had a chat with her, although it was very much a one sided chat because she was so confused that a bin was talking to her .

She was a bit suspicious!

When Gary came off R’n’R I went on. This ride is closing on 1st September to become an Ironman ride so no way was I missing it, even if I was a bit nervous about going on a proper thrill ride on my own! The teenage English girl I sat beside was lovely though and took my mind of the nerves. I loved it.

We had a lunch reservation at Chez Remy, more for the theming than anything else as the food reviews aren't brill. We were seated quickly and really impressed with the setting.

She loved that Remy was on her high chair!

The service was reeeeeeallly slow (always great with a toddler!) but the food was quite yummy.

Libby fussed and just ate the chips from the kids chicken and chips meal I’d ordered her. I had a special which was chicken and Gary had steak (I don’t have a photo of his, sorry). Since we were using a half board plus credit we got 3 courses, we both had the soup to start which was a bit odd and profiteroles for dessert.

I think we’d come back with older kids if they really liked Ratatouille and we had the meal plan, but not sure I’d pay full whack.

While we were eating, we realised it was raining outside. Great, we were inside and dry. Except the buggy was outside and not covered because there was no sign of rain when we came in . Gary ran out to cover it with a poncho but it was already wet and it stopped raining while he was out there anyway!

We were done and back out collecting the wet buggy just after 2. At 2:15 the Lineberty slots for Woody opened up so we stood and waited. Our signal wasn’t as strong here but I managed to get slot 2 and Gary got 7 again!

We walked over and took second place in the queue for Woody coming out at 2:30. This was amazing, even better than Buzz! I could have cried happy tears. Libby was so excited to give him a cuddle and wouldn't let go.

Gary gave his slot 7 to an English family again. We thought Lineberty was a great system if you know about it and if you’re fast enough, but it is a shame if you don’t know about it beforehand.

We decided to call it a day in Studios, we’d done all the rides on our list and it was busy. On the way out we spotted Goofy so joined the queue.

Libby made a lovely little Belgian friend called Kylie while we waited. They were so cute together. She was with her parents and Grandparents who didn't speak English and we don’t know any Belgian at all but we all had a great time as they played!

I have such a cute photo of them together which her parents asked if we could take but obviously don’t want to share a photo of someone elses child without permission .

We bought this in the hotel shop on the final day, I collected all the photographers shots on a photo pass card. We didn't buy the photo pass as there weren't many we liked better than our own, but I loved this one!

We met Goofy then went to say goodbye to Kylie and her family (they’d gone in front of us). Libby cried because she didn't want Kylie to go and this turned into a big tantrum . She LOVES playing with other children and wanted to stay with her. She was tired which didn't help, but we appeased her with snacks and managed to do some shopping before exiting the park. We walked back through the village, grabbing a Starbucks.

The bubble man gave us a breather from the tantrum...!

She had another over tired tantrum on the walk back but eventually fell asleep.

Peace, coffee and this view!

Back in the room, Gary fell asleep too. The forecast this afternoon had been storms and I sat and watched the black clouds roll in. There was lots of thunder and lightening and torrential rain.

When Gary woke up, it was still pouring down and we weren’t sure what to do. The plan tonight was to head to the village for dinner but we didn't fancy getting soaked and we were still tired. We had a bit of an indecisive 20 minutes and wondered whether to stay in, then decided to just go for it. We got ready and left the hotel at 6.20 and miraculously it had dried up .

We weren’t sure what to have, I thought Rainforest Cafe would be absolutely mobbed given the time of night and the rain but decided to check on the off chance and it was empty! We were seated straight away.

This was such a great meal. Libby was fascinated by the rainforest, best meal entertainment for a toddler ever! She loved the ‘storm’ and couldn’t wait for more! Gary had a beer and burger and I had a cocktail and a quesadilla from the starter menu, which was more than enough for my main. Libby had chicken and chips from the kids menu and ate it really well.

N.B. We were there in (what I hope was) the peak of her toddler fussy stage. She’s actually not a bad eater and thankfully it didn't last long, but that’s why I was happy with her managing simple chicken and chips most days .

All in, a great meal and we left at 7:35. It had been raining again, we were being really lucky with staying dry today despite all the rain .

We headed into the Disneyland Park and grabbed a Buzz fast pass for our Buzz mad little lady. Thankfully the return time was 8.25 so not too long to occupy her.

We went underneath the castle to see the dragon, which Libby loved. Then tried some tiaras on in the castle shop.

Snow White was showing a 10 minute wait so on we went. The Cast members on this were fab, especially when the very rude family behind us pushed passed Libby to get on the front row of our vehicle .

Hands up!

After Snow White, we had a quick loo stop in Cafe Hyperion and it was time for our Buzz fastpass.

Libby loved this (as she did every time we rode).

Taking it very seriously

When we came out, Gary fancied something sweet so we got a Darth Vader waffle. I wasn’t bothered about this but it was actually delicious .

We went over to the plaza in front of the castle and sat on a bench. We realised the waffle wasn’t much between the 3 of us so Gary nipped to a popcorn cart and got a souvenir bucket of popcorn (he’s an absolute sucker for souvenir things like this!). This was one of my favourite times in the trip, sitting on the bench munching away just the 3 of us. The storms earlier had emptied the park and it was so quiet, we got lovely photos.

This one isn’t edited at all, the light was gorgeous

We decided since Libby was being so good, the weather seemed better and we'd made it this late to stay in the park for illuminations .

Once we’d filled our boots with popcorn and waffles, we walked over to Adventureland to Indiana Jones. I went first, then Gary. There was no wait, thank goodness, this has to be the shortest roller coaster ever .

We then went round to the ‘monster house’ i.e. The Haunted mansion.

Another nappy stop and we headed back to Main Street. It was still a bit early to stand so we had a look in the shops, getting some bits and also into the Christmas shop for a tree decoration.

This little cart sells flutes of champagne for €9.99!

We got into place for Illuminations at 22.45.

I wasn’t expecting much, I think I’d read online it was nowhere near as amazing as Orlando but we thought it was fantastic . Libby was on Gary’s shoulders and in total awe, but asked to go into her buggy about 3/4 of the way through and fell asleep before it was over. She’d done so well, she’s usually in bed for 6:30 so this was a very late night for her .

Gary and I watched the end and joined the mass exodus from the park.

Gary was peckish, so went into New York Deli in the village for a sandwich. I kept walking with the crowds as I thought we might end up stuck in a big queue for the lift back at Newport Bay if we waited.

Walking back

When we got back, Gary’s Apple watch said we’d done 22 thousand steps today. It was long and we were exhausted but we’d packed so much in and it was such a great day .

We transferred Libby into bed and I sorted out the park bag. Tomorrow was a lie in day and I couldn't wait!

Thanks for reading x

Edited at 07:18 PM.
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Wow what an all-round wonderful day!

The photos of Libby with Buzz and Woody are just gorgeous, absolutely heart-melting! You did so well with the Lineberty app too! We didn't use this on our trip, will definitely give it a go next time!

So great you got into RFC so quickly, this is one of our fave places to eat at DLP! SO much to look at and keep little ones amused, I think the food is pretty good too!

Such beautiful photos of the castle and well done for making it through to the fireworks, you had a great viewing spot!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jandlsmum
Imagineer

Fantastic day thanks for sharing
Cheyenne DLP November 16 and Feb 17 Aug 18
Santa Fe DLP January 19,November 19
jandlsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List