Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 31 Jul 19, 05:06 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Aldi... Savings

For those staying in a villa, the other day we hit one of the local aldis to check it out..

From a savings point of view there's many to be had over Walmart, like. 24 bottles of water for $1.99 v $4.50 in Walmart, fresh fruit is 50% cheaper and bread, plus crisps, cheeses, some meats but eu style meats still expensive, soda is cheaper plus a lot of other shelf type products including washing liquid, bog roll, kitchen roll, etc like you would expect at home plus swimming pool inflatables..

It must be the first time I have come out of an Aldi not buying something I didn't really need, I was tempted with the orbital sander, gazebo, 20m hose pipe and or a 5 person air tent but had to resist this time 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Oh... I did buy a big lay flat cool bag with detactable insert for our beach days for approx $5 but got told to put the $200 hot tub back on the shelf... 😂

Just to add.. Like at home.. You can't do a proper full shop, but it's good for the other bits and bat's like at home and the frozen section is better than at home if you plan too bbq or eat indoors

Edited at 05:07 AM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sieborg
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

If you look up Living the dream Florida on YouTube they have a recent video of Aldi in Orlando which is pretty helpful.
Incidentally we do a full shop every week at the Aldi in the UK and save so much money every week.
sieborg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

That is so good to know. It’s on my radar for sure this visit. Usually I tended to shop at publix so really looking forward to aldi and dollar general this visit
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sieborg View Post
If you look up Living the dream Florida on YouTube they have a recent video of Aldi in Orlando which is pretty helpful.
Incidentally we do a full shop every week at the Aldi in the UK and save so much money every week.
I don't understand the "can't do a full shop" comment , I can't get a few things at Aldi (potato farls come to mind but our big ASDA don't do them either I have to go to Tesco or Sainsbury's for them) but I'm not a "big brand" buyer and often cook from scratch and I can't think of anything much they don't do that I need for a regular weekly shop.
I found Aldis in the US to be the same .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I absolutely love Aldi & can get everything I need except baked beans and ketchup. I know they sell them but I have to have Heinz ketchup & Bransons beans . I stockpile them if we ever pop into B&M bargains.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
For those staying in a villa, the other day we hit one of the local aldis to check it out..

From a savings point of view there's many to be had over Walmart, like. 24 bottles of water for $1.99 v $4.50 in Walmart, fresh fruit is 50% cheaper and bread, plus crisps, cheeses, some meats but eu style meats still expensive, soda is cheaper plus a lot of other shelf type products including washing liquid, bog roll, kitchen roll, etc like you would expect at home plus swimming pool inflatables..

It must be the first time I have come out of an Aldi not buying something I didn't really need, I was tempted with the orbital sander, gazebo, 20m hose pipe and or a 5 person air tent but had to resist this time 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Oh... I did buy a big lay flat cool bag with detactable insert for our beach days for approx $5 but got told to put the $200 hot tub back on the shelf... 😂

Just to add.. Like at home.. You can't do a proper full shop, but it's good for the other bits and bat's like at home and the frozen section is better than at home if you plan too bbq or eat indoors
Whats the cool bag like please? We always get a cooler box but only 5 of us this year so will get something smaller.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
bottled water is $2.68 in Walmart
Old 31 Jul 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Plonks
Trainee Dibber

Plonks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We had 40 bottles of water yesterday from Walmart for $3.68 plus tax

Paul
Plonks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

We manage to do a full shop in Aldi UK, so would imagine it would be similar in US.

We cook most meals from scratch and have got used to some of their own items etc.

Only thing I have to buy elsewhere is Brown sauce and Ketchup as Aldi's is vile!
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
bottled water is $2.68 in Walmart
Historticly I've always paid they, but Last couple of trips this week they have not had any of the cheap water.. Maybe bad timing, but it's been the case this last week
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List