Notices

Old 3 Sep 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I love that list! Just the odd one or two places you want to eat at then?

To be fair I just took them all from the Disney website ... but we have got 19 nights (well 18 nights after our night at Hard Rock) so hopefully we'll get to try at least all of them Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

** update **

Update 3

We've toyed with the idea of booking a night at Clearwater. I wanted to watch the sunset and have a total chill out day not having to worry about parking and also driving back the same day.

Being a family of 5 we struggled with finding accommodation that wasn't a fortune ... we were looking upwards of £350 for one night and I just can't justify that ... even Hard Rock Club level with 5 express passes over 2 days is cheaper than that ... so we've settled on ...

Residence Inn by Marriott

We've got a 1 bedroomed apartment, which includes a small kitchen, for £220 which also includes breakfast ... total bargain if you ask me. It has a view over Clearwater Bay so not the Gulf side that I wanted. But for the price I'm happy to compromise on that and we'll head to Pier 60 to view the sunset instead

It has a pool so we can go between the pool and beach. Closer to the time I will also book the Sea Screamer.

We're still debating on which restaurants to eat at. We've confirmed

as we know the kids will love this one. I think we're still debating on Chef Arts and maybe another one. I'm going to sign up to Landry's again so we can get the free birthday reward and $25 join up reward and we'll split the bill 2 ways again to get $50 off
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Update 3

We've toyed with the idea of booking a night at Clearwater. I wanted to watch the sunset and have a total chill out day not having to worry about parking and also driving back the same day.

Being a family of 5 we struggled with finding accommodation that wasn't a fortune ... we were looking upwards of £350 for one night and I just can't justify that ... even Hard Rock Club level with 5 express passes over 2 days is cheaper than that ... so we've settled on ...

Residence Inn by Marriott

We've got a 1 bedroomed apartment, which includes a small kitchen, for £220 which also includes breakfast ... total bargain if you ask me. It has a view over Clearwater Bay so not the Gulf side that I wanted. But for the price I'm happy to compromise on that and we'll head to Pier 60 to view the sunset instead

It has a pool so we can go between the pool and beach. Closer to the time I will also book the Sea Screamer.

We're still debating on which restaurants to eat at. We've confirmed

as we know the kids will love this one. I think we're still debating on Chef Arts and maybe another one. I'm going to sign up to Landry's again so we can get the free birthday reward and $25 join up reward and we'll split the bill 2 ways again to get $50 off
That looks so lovely! What a lovely thing to do I know very little about beach stays but it’s definitely something I’d love to do at some point. Looking forward to hearing all about it!
Old 11 Sep 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Hi we will be on the 9-50 am flight if you are in the v room come and say hi, we wanted the early flight to get into mco early and check in okw then a quick shop in Walmart. Enjoy your holiday
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Clearwater sounds amazing! We went there for an evening after Busch Gardens once - was gorgeous. Keep meaning to add a beach break on to our Disney stays (AMI or Clearwater) but still haven't managed to! Will look forward to hearing about your stay next year

Edited at 08:34 AM. Reason: spelling
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
That looks so lovely! What a lovely thing to do I know very little about beach stays but it’s definitely something I’d love to do at some point. Looking forward to hearing all about it!
We really wanted to do it last time, but with only doing 9 days we struggled to fit it in, so it was a must this time. Really hope it lives up to what we're expecting! X

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
Hi we will be on the 9-50 am flight if you are in the v room come and say hi, we wanted the early flight to get into mco early and check in okw then a quick shop in Walmart. Enjoy your holiday
Oh how fab! We dropped the V-Room to save money. We weren't given a choice of flight times otherwise I would have requested the 9.50am flight as I much prefer to be up and away as I think most people do tbf. Hope you have a great trip though! X

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Clearwater sounds amazing! We went there for an evening after Busch Gardens once - was gorgeous. Keep meaning to add a beach break on to our Disney stays (AMI or Clearwater) but still haven't managed to! Will look forward to hearing about your stay next year
Oh did you. I've heard it's amazing. I think Mr Grump read something about it being the number one beach in the USA. I'll let you know how it pans out, but I'm hoping it'll be nice and relaxing, thank you Xx
Old 12 Sep 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

We will arrive at CRS, after 11 days at universal on the 9th May 2020! I have loved following along your trips in the past! Might see you out there in the parks!
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Catching up.

Howling at the length of your QS wish list, I can see you’ve not really put much thought into it yet.

T-Rex is a solid choice. I think they get a little overlooked at the food is just ‘normal’ but sometimes that’s exactly what you want.

I’d also avoid the character meals OOP, have you seen the 1900 Park Fare dinner cost? It is scary!

Your Club room is an absolute steal and it will save you a fortune on drinks, snacks and breakfast, the kids are going to love it and will be asking to go back for years haha.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneyfangirl01 View Post
We will arrive at CRS, after 11 days at universal on the 9th May 2020! I have loved following along your trips in the past! Might see you out there in the parks!
Oh how lovely. You must say hello if you see us ... even if I looked stressed with Mr Grump and the kid's

How's your planning coming along? How long are you staying for?

Oh I'm so glad you've enjoyed following along Let's hope this trip is much more chilled and relaxed x

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Catching up.

Howling at the length of your QS wish list, I can see you’ve not really put much thought into it yet.

T-Rex is a solid choice. I think they get a little overlooked at the food is just ‘normal’ but sometimes that’s exactly what you want.

I’d also avoid the character meals OOP, have you seen the 1900 Park Fare dinner cost? It is scary!

Your Club room is an absolute steal and it will save you a fortune on drinks, snacks and breakfast, the kids are going to love it and will be asking to go back for years haha.
yeah I think I literally checked on the WDW website and wrote everything down haha. I do need to refine it ... but then again we are going to have 19 days remember so I'd love to get as many done as possible.

To be honest TREX is more for the experience with the kids ... I think we're swaying more towards Chef Arts for our other OOP meal. I just can't justify the character meals OOP!

We'll be having an offsite meal when we go to Universal ... I think this may end up being Olive Garden or Longhorns ... we haven't decided yet.

After reading a few more reports I think we're hankering towards Bread Box at Universal too ... it seems all I talk about is food can you tell I'm back on SW

It's fab isn't it ... still over the moon at the bargain. I'm thinking we may do a morning at IOA then afternoon at pool to make use of the snacks and drinks at club level too, then back to IOA on the evening for the Hogwarts Night Show and a few more rides ... let's hope I can stomach them this time

Can't believe your only 3 weeks away now Colette! So excited for you! Xx
Old 13 Sep 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Oh how lovely. You must say hello if you see us ... even if I looked stressed with Mr Grump and the kid's

How's your planning coming along? How long are you staying for?

Oh I'm so glad you've enjoyed following along Let's hope this trip is much more chilled and relaxed x
I will keep my eyes peeled for you guys! And don't worry I have my own Mr Grump too, although mine has never been to Florida, and despite me telling him that things are expensive I feel like he is going to be a 'Mr HOW MUCH?' Rather like that trip when you told Thomas he had to pay tax on top

In total we are doing 22 nights, 11 at universals endless summer and 11 at CRS with DDP and I feel very under planned seeing your plans! We are just focusing on getting it all paid off at the moment!

I have a few plans and ideas but need to sit down and work out where to spend all our dining credits, especially with only 2 months until ADR day!

I will most likely do my Pre Trip either next month or November so lets hope I have a plan by then!
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List