Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jan 15, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
NJC
Serious Dibber

We went when my daughter was 2 half and was just 38inches tall. We went out in the morning and had a nap at the hotel in the afternoon and went back to the parks at night. She had a wonderful time and we are going back this year for her 4th birthday.

I don't think 3 years 4months is too young at all. However if you only plan on going the once I would wait until she is 40inches tall so she can ride most of the rides. She may be this tall at 3 years?
Another thing is august will be VERY hot and it is peak hurricane season.
NJC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 15, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rich accountant View Post
Hi.
I'm thinking about a holiday in Aug16. My wife has been in the past, but I have never been to Florida. Our only daughter will be 3yrs 4mths by that time. My wife thanks this is too young and we won't get much value, but I want to go what do you think?
Incidentally, why are you going in August? If its just because its "summer", rather than work etc. then this is what I would change. Go October / November, quieter, less humid, still really nice weather and cheaper. Little one will obviously be a couple of months older and perhaps taller as well.

Take advantage of in-school term holidays while you can!
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 15, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We were there last year when our youngest was 3 yr 4 months. She loved it! Yes she was young, but I loved seeing her face when she met the characters etc. We took it easy and only did a few hours at a time at the parks. We were staying onsite so would come back for time around the pool. We're planning on going again when she's 6, but that's purely financial rather than an age thing!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 15, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

My LAd was three months old when we first took him, it was a R&R for .my wife after the birth. He us 13 now and just looks at it as a normal holy day he gas been so many times
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 15, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rich accountant
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
Incidentally, why are you going in August? If its just because its "summer", rather than work etc. then this is what I would change. Go October / November, quieter, less humid, still really nice weather and cheaper. Little one will obviously be a couple of months older and perhaps taller as well.

Take advantage of in-school term holidays while you can!
Wow thanks for all the replies. We would be going in the summer as my wife works in a school. My daughter is already tall (I should check how tall!) but thanks for the info regarding the 40 inches. Hopefully wouldn't be our only visit, bonuses/promotions dependant! Another child is on the agenda so it's aug16 or wait another 3 to 4 years! Thanks all
Rich accountant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 15, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Absolutely not too young. Took my oldest child the first time when he was 13 months. (more for us than for him but he still enjoyed it). My youngest was 8 weeks when we had a trip booked (booked it before getting pregnant) but I decided that was too young so rest of gang went and I stayed home.
Old 27 Jan 15, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
gulliver
Imagineer

The memories you will make seeing your child's face at that age is immeasurable, and you can always go again!
gulliver is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 15, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
meandmyboy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I think that age would be great for a first visit! I took my ds in 2013 when he was 2y9m and again last year when he was 3y9m. He got something out of both visits. He was over 40in the second time but not the first, but was over 38in the first trip (I think that was the height) so he could go on most things even that first time. And the things he was able to ride when he was that extra 2 inches taller the second time he mostly hated because he was scared! He has loved the characters, parades, fireworks, animals, shows and many of the rides at all the parks on both trips. There is definitely good value to be had from a trip with a 3y4m old!
Oct/Nov 2017 - SoCal and Hawaii Adventure Trip Report
meandmyboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 15, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KellyWellyWoo
Imagineer

KellyWellyWoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

100% not too young and I don't have kids! Your daughter would have an amazing time and I should imagine it will be the first of many trips!
KellyWellyWoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 15, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

That age sounds ok , over 3 x
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread