Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 May 16, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post

The B family, days 5,6,7

Day 5,6 & 7

Thursday
Excited to get to IHOP for breki before heading to the outlets on Vineland , I had a voucher for a free stack of pancakes, so hubby had strawberry & banana , I had a combo of eggs , hash browns & sausage , with 2 red velvet pancakes (which I was desperate to try) they were delicious but I'd probably go my favourite of omlette and original pancakes next time. Dd4 had kids pancake breki, with bacon egg and sausage. I absolutely hate the bacon here in the states it's crispy and fatty 😷( I like juicy fat free bacon). Anyhoo, $27 which included tip.

Off to what we thought was a couple of hours at outlets! Took all day! and we still had to collect our Disney tickets from Disney springs for AK the next morning.( I def don't honk 2 weeks is enough! (Think I'd prefer 18 days kinda idea)
Got a couple of bits in Nike but found the trainers expensive and nothing too different(yet)
Skechers was next for 4 pairs! 3 for me 1 for dd! (I have plantar fasciitis and live in goga mats at home!) discovered. Clarins factory shop(I worked for them for over 10 years and never known them to do anything like this) spent a fortune in here! and they lady was so lovely! Got loads in gap as their Memorial Day sale had started and an additional 40% off clearance items! It was like they were practically giving it away! Hoodies, t shirts, vest tops, and pjs(my PF trousers were less than $3 each and they were originally $30! ) Ralph Lauren hD. Great sale onto so we all got. Fair few bits in there! Went to gap kids before we left but didn't get anything for dd4 :-(
Lunch in the food out, subway for dd which she loves, Taco Bell for DH and I! $13 for our Taco Bell, we often share a soda as its too much for either of us to drink!and a delicious Godiva shake to keep us going with the shopping!

Off to Disney springs to collect tickets, the new shopping but is lovely but we only stayed at the top end, had a bite to eat at earl of sandwich, it was quite nice. Very busy! Dd got a couple of bits in the Disney store(I'm sure it's the biggest in the world) and got sprinkled with copious amounts of "fairy dust"! Which she loved!

Friday

AK today, had breki at tuskers booked for 8.35, we had a clear run there so were there early, they let us in at tuskers at 8.10. Staff were lovely, it was busy and she brought our cheque sharp, but she didn't rush us she kept telling us to go for more food! Food was really good, I loved the spiced corned beef hash and the banana bread Pudding was AMAZING! Had heard about the "jungle juice" I liked it but it was too "peachy" and sickly for DH! Characters were good (Donald, Mickey, goofy and daisy) dd loved it, maid my heart melt to watch her wee face! And daisy took her hand at the end when she did a Dancey conga type train around the room!
$30 per adult, $18 for dd plus tip so was $83 with tax plus $15 tip. It was good and I felt worth it.

[APP]http://www.thedibb.co.uk/postImages/32350/28c77df32cae8c.jpg[

Then onto safari, I had a fast pass for this at 9.25 but it was only 9ish but we didn't need fast pass. It was really good. Did lion king show which was great, then affection section had lunch from the bakery 2 overpriced sandwiches and 2 drinks is for $30 they were ok but the curried crisps that came with them were rotten!
By 1.30 the park was heaving, it was HOT and we had had enough! So back to the pool at the villa to chill! Ordered in pizza,(from vinnies, decided not dominoes as we had that at home, big mistake) the pizza was nice but the sides of chicken tenders(ha tender they were not! Straight out the cheap freezer shop) and jalapeņo poppers again, straight out the freezer $44 for 1 large pizza and 2 sides, which didn't match the price on the menu but aparantly they charge a delivery fee but we still have to pay the delivery guy his 15-20% tip! So pizza in was $54! Not worth the money, I'd rather have went out for dinner for an extra $10 ! Nice eating it poolside though!

Saturday
Have been in touch with a fellow dibber, who we discovered a while ago we are on for the same town. We hD been on touch over the hols and it was their last day and she had Macy's money vouchers that she couldn't use, which she very kindly gave me and brought them to our villa on their way to the airport, our villas were probably the same distance apart than our houses are at home, so it was lovely and bizarre to meet each other in Florida for the first time!

I have a friend in Tampa who I haven't seen since I stayed with her and her family 25 years ago! So she was coming over for lunch today! So we chilled by the pool, she brought her niece who is 10 so my dd absolutely loved having an American friend for the day(I'm a child minder so she loves company) and spent all day in the pool, we had salads and rolls and pulled pork and chicken from my beloved publix(which is really expensive! But my friend had said grocery shopping had become very expensive) was great to catch up and we felt like teenagers again! Lol
Once they left we had some more pool time then got ready and headed out for dinner, longhorn or Olive Garden Was the agenda(the 192 and rolling oaks seems to be our closest main area for eats) so we ended up at Longhorn! Yum! DH had Hawaiian salmon and I had a 6oz flow filet, dd hD ribs(which was far too much for her) food was delicious! we than had a little dessert of banana cream pie each, it would have been enough to share for a taste! And dd had an enormous smoothie which was way to much for her and not that great! $84which included tip. Our server was great and used to be a Disney CM! So was interesting to chat too even though he couldn't say too much about it as he was a character!

Popped into supertarget for what was meant to be a Quick nosey which is NOT possible! Got a couple of bits n pieces! There's loads of American flag type stuff in the shops at the moment as its Memorial Day weekend! Which I love!

Pics to follow later, need to get ready for mall at millennia and Cheesecake Factory for lunch!

Edited at 02:41 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 16, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a great few days. Lovely you got to meet up with your friend.
Old 30 May 16, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Sounds like a great few days. Lovely you got to meet up with your friend.
Thanks waiting, it was great, didn't feel any different than when we were teenagers! Lol
Old 30 May 16, 02:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Edited and added pics :-)
Old 30 May 16, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cruella2110
Excited about Disney

cruella2110's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sorry my Instagram might have been to blame for your visit to the factory shop at Clarins! Loving the trip report so fire. We love Longhorns, can definitely recommend the pineapple and coconut mojito ❤️
Silver Creek Villa August 2013,
Sandy Ridge May 2016, Solterra June 2023.
cruella2110 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 16, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks cruella, some of the stuff was way more expensive(as it usually is) but there was some good bargains! I wasn't expecting that! Had a ≈≈≈≈≈≈ haul at bath and body! 😱
Just added day 8, it's in that.
Old 20 Jun 16, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Great few days! Great shopping haul on day 5 and love the photos of your breakfast on day 6!

How nice to meet up with an old friend, lovely memories

xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

Great couple of days.
Old 30 Jun 16, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone, sorry I hZvent finished it, don't seem to have had a minute since I got back!