Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Aug 16, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

OK folks, I give up! If I can't stop people letting the secret out about AMI I might as well join in. If you're a non stop, overactive park-o-holic then AMI isn't the place for you unless you're in recovery. Compared with the usual Florida hotspots it's quiet, relaxed and LOVELY! Much like Sanibel used to be. Take in the beaches, the restaurants, the sunsets and the free trolley and enjoy.
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by prugone View Post
OK folks, I give up! If I can't stop people letting the secret out about AMI I might as well join in. If you're a non stop, overactive park-o-holic then AMI isn't the place for you unless you're in recovery. Compared with the usual Florida hotspots it's quiet, relaxed and LOVELY! Much like Sanibel used to be. Take in the beaches, the restaurants, the sunsets and the free trolley and enjoy.
That's why I can never really answer posts that ask "what is there to do in AMI?" The only response I can think of is "I hope you're not expecting Benidorm"

Long may it continue - but we are both 70

Mick
Old 15 Aug 16, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post

We love AMI.

We usually the top end in Anna Maria beach cottages. They are 5 min walk to the beach.

We always eat breakfast or lunch at Ginny & Jan'E's.

Their French toast is amazing!

Supper & cocktails at The Sandbar whilst watching the sunset . 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

We've booked four nights at the Sunrise Garden Resort in November and don't expect to do much apart from sit on the beach, kayak and ride bikes.
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

Have just added another night at the Sunrise Garden Resort, has anyone stayed there?
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SpaceLady
Getting Excited

Hi, we'll be at Sunrise Gareden Resort from Friday to Monday this week. Hope it's good we're so looking forward to it.
SpaceLady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

It looks amazing. We loved Clearwater and ST Petes Beach and AMI looks even better. How long does it take to drive there from Orlando?
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
littletink
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
It looks amazing. We loved Clearwater and ST Petes Beach and AMI looks even better. How long does it take to drive there from Orlando?
It took us about an hour and half - all pretty straightforward.

Lindfields 2001 & 2005, West Stonebridge Christmas 2008
Disney Yacht Club, Marco Island, Duck Key & HRH August 2011, Lindfields & Rotonda Aug 2012 - HRH & Rotonda 2013 - HRH & Rotonda 2014 - NYC 2015 - AMI 2016 - Sunset Lakes/Rotonda 2017 - NYC/Bongo's!/AMI 2018 - Boardwalk-Rotonda-HRH 2019 - Rotonda 2023
littletink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are going to be there soon, cant wait for our meal at The sandbar and the Sunset. Supposed to go in 2012 but didnt make it!
Old 16 Aug 16, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

I was looking at St Petes for our wedding, but looks like I'm changing to AMI, it looks stunning!
Closed Thread