Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Jul 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
We have Geyser Point on our list. Definitely staying on there after your review. 😊
You should definitely give it a go
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Thanks for writing this food trippie, I really enjoyed reading it. Blaze and Polite Pig are now firm choices for us. Geyser's point might be a nice place to stop for a cocktail before our Hoop de doo reservation!

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirsty2tt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I have been waiting to see a review of geyser point. I have this in our schedule for next month and I can't wait now. Thank you
Old 25 Jul 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 11
Contempo Cafe

As we headed into MNSSHP we grabbed food from Contempo Cafe as it’s better in our opinion than the quick service in the parks.

We both grabbed the smokehouse burger again

Didn’t take a picture of them as we were starving and had them before, we use our mugs for soda and grabbed a beer and a margarita for our drinks

Food was really nice again and the drinks were ok and nice to have them in addition to the sodas

2QS
$42.58

Cart MK
Grabbed a few bottles of Diet Coke whilst in the party to keep us going
3 snacks
$3.50

Day Total
QS: 2
Snacks: 3
TS: 0
Dining plan value $53.08

Running Total
QS: 20/28
Snacks: 35/56
TS: 22/28
Dining Plan Value $1558.39

Not a very interesting day food wise although we did get an awful lot of Candy from the party

4kg of Candy

Edited at 08:26 PM.
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 12

Chicken guy

After breakfast in the room we thought we’d give Chicken Guy a go, it hadn’t long been open and I was curious. They give you a menu in the queue and it includes one for the sauces.

We both went for the three tenders, crispy fried.

For sauces we got teriyaki, spicy mayonnaise, brown sugar bbq and sweet sriracha bbq

These were really nice and I’d happily have them again.

I fancied one of the triple double mint frozen treats and picked one up for a snack credit.

This was really good and is on the list to get on my next trip.

2 QS
1 Snack
$24.47

Starbucks

Grabbed two drinks again from Starbucks in Animal Kingdom, sorry can’t remember which ones but they probably were a very berry tea and a vanilla Frappuccino

2 Snacks
$10.10

Pizzafari

I’d seen on DFB the garlic knots and as I was peckish I decided to give them a go

They were really nice and definitely filled a hole. If you’re looking for something bigger and savoury for a snack these are a go to.

1 Snack
$7.44

Teppen Edo

We changed plans and joined my parents for another Teppen Edo.

Started with the salad, I didn’t eat any.

Next came the noodles, these are soooo good!

For mains I got the fillet steak, I can’t imagine coming here and ordering anything else. This was perfectly cooked, so tender and delicious.

For dessert I chose the mango cake, this again is soooo good and very light and refreshing. Considering I was stuffed this cake goes down very easily lol

In case you were in any doubt I loved this meal and can’t recommend it enough. Having the chef cook everything in front of you is entertaining and the food is fantastic, if you haven’t been go!

2 TS
$96.81

Day Total
Snacks: 6
TS: 2
Dining plan value $138.82

Running Total
QS: 22/28
Snacks:41/56
TS: 24/28
Dining Plan Value $1697.21
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Really enjoying your food report so far! Giving me all kinds of ideas for next year!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Day 13

Starbucks

I’d been eyeing up one of these cinnamon buns all holiday and as it was our last day I had to get one. I asked and they were happy to warm it for me, I still can’t get over the size of it for a snack credit.

OMG! If you like cinnamon buns get one of these it’s good! Even if your not on the plan, it would make a great breakfast for a snack credit.

1 Snack
$7.45

Pongu Pongu

Again as it was our last day I just had to have another night blossom. I love this drink and can’t wait to have them on my next trip

1 Snack
$6.38

Satu’li canteen

So this was another tick off the list because it was the last day.

Went for the beef with rice and herb sauce. Don’t have a picture of this sorry.

It was ok, beef was nice and tasty but I wasn’t a fan of the rest.

For a drink I chose the dream walker sangria. Bleh is all I can say, did not like it at all. Take this with a pinch of salt as I don’t like white wine and it’s a white sangria so not the cleverest choice on my part.

Now as negative as this review sounds don’t let it out you off, just not my thing.

1 QS
$27.14

All Star Movies

We headed to All Star movies to try out their secret menu from the Roxy station.

To get this go up to where you start ordering from the roxy station and ask for the secret menu.

They’ll bring a case to the side and viewing the menu is a little bit different.

We ordered the cinnamon cheeseburger, minus the cheese.

Now I now what some of you might be thinking, 1. You’ve already had a cinnamon bun today - yes well it wasn’t ideal but I also believe too many cinnamon buns isn’t a problem 2. A burger in a cinnamon bun sounds disgusting - I can’t say the idea appealed to me a lot it was more a morbid curiosity but let me tell you this was delicious, so good. I am aware of how unhealthy it should be but as it’s in Disney there are no calories I would recommend sharing it if you can.

Ordering from the secret menu was a lot of fun and I’d order it again but only if I can share.

1QS
$23.38

Yachtsman Steakhouse

We decided on having our signature meal to end the holiday. I’d heard really good things about this restaurant and it also allowed me to get my last night tradition of illuminations in as well.

Now I started with a rather nice glass of red wine which I can’t remember what it was apart from good

They brought out the bread with the salted butter and roasted garlic

This is really good and makes a nice change from the standard bread service.

I went for the fillet and truffle fries

This was amazing, best steak I’ve had, it was tender, juicy and tasted fantastic. The fries were great as well.

For dessert there was a clear choice for me, creme brûlée

Again this was delicious.

I loved this meal, the service was fantastic and the food delicious. All booked to go next trip, can’t recommend it enough.

4TS
$166.14

Karamel Kuche

To use up some of the left over snack credits we grabbed some snacks from Germany, some of the salted caramel squares, chocolate cookie, rice Krispy treat and brownie.

These lasted surprisingly well and went down nicely on the plane coming home and the days after.

5 snacks
$23.91

Day Total
Snacks: 7
TS: 4
Dining plan value $254.40

Running Total
QS: 24/28
Snacks:48/56
TS: 28/28
Dining Plan Value $1951.61
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

You had a really interesting variety of restaurants, really enjoying your insights.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
Really enjoying your food report so far! Giving me all kinds of ideas for next year!
Thanks, writing it up keeps making me hungry
Old 27 Aug 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
You had a really interesting variety of restaurants, really enjoying your insights.
Thanks, I enjoyed eating it and enjoyed writing it up as well. I, just happy people enjoy reading it