Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Oct 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Vaping!

Unfortunately my son and DIL vape. What are the rules around traveling with the vape and the oils? DH and I have never smoked or anything so wasn’t sure. I’ve advised them to check the BA website etc.
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Unfortunately my son and DIL vape. What are the rules around traveling with the vape and the oils? DH and I have never smoked or anything so wasn’t sure. I’ve advised them to check the BA website etc.
If you mean onboard ? Then not allowed to be used anywhere on aircraft including the wash rooms

If you mean in the USA or parks then there are differences depending on where you are (and keep your eye out on developments as they keeping changing/ clamping down ) - there was a long thread about his recently

Edited at 09:03 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Put the liquids in the case not hand luggage. Also - empty the actual vape of liquid on the flight otherwise it leaks everywhere and they might end up with a broken vape when they arrive!
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Better still tell them they are knackering their lungs up and to throw it away, and believe me, when your lungs are bad it makes your life miserable. Sorry preaching over.
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Sorry I obviously wasn’t clear. I meant with the actual transporting of their vape and equipment. Thanks for the replies, specifically Kerrie.

An additional question, am I right in thinking that there are no longer no smoking areas in the parks? I’m sure I read that somewhere.
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
An additional question, am I right in thinking that there are no longer no smoking areas in the parks? I’m sure I read that somewhere.
Smoking/Vaping areas are now located outside of the main entrance to the parks - NOTHING allowed inside the parks.
Old 6 Oct 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Slightly OT but we have just come back and pretty much for the whole two weeks the dangers of this was a constant item on the news - particularly about the growing trend of useage among young people.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a total ban for people below a certain age being introduced across many states soon.

Edited at 10:23 AM.
Redsnapper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by uktigg View Post
Smoking/Vaping areas are now located outside of the main entrance to the parks - NOTHING allowed inside the parks.
Some people are ignoring it though judging by the cigarette smoke I saw and smelt in some toilets last month.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Originally Posted by uktigg View Post
This is what I thought, thanks.

I don't like smoking or vaping but as my son and his wife are in their 30s I have no control over their choices in these things. They were smokers and have stopped that completely and now vape.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 6 Oct 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

My DH took his vape in hand luggage and put the whole thing and a spare bottle of juice in the clear liquid bag at security.

Not seen anyone vaping anywhere other than the designated smoking areas in the parks (all parks other than Disney as we don’t do those).

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread