Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jan 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I don’t like today for purely selfish reasons. It’s my birthday and the fact that everyone is recovering from New Year’s Eve celebrations, in the past it was not acknowledged until later in the day with a ... oh ≈≈≈≈.. its your birthday. Sorry happy. Birthday!

As a child, I rarely got gifts, everyone said Xmas presents were also my birthday presents, including my parents.

Yes I know it’s all very self centred but I’ve always envied those who have birthday celebrations at a different time of the year and can engage properly. Mine just seems disappear and disappoint.

Apart from that I quite liked January as I know spring is around the corner
Happy Birthday! Hope you have a nice day (if possible!)

My hubby and Dad share a birthday on 10th Jan - they don’t like a Jan birthday either for same reasons as you. Everyone is skint and had enough of eating and drinking, so nobody wants to go out with them. They say they always receive re-gifted Christmas pressies as their birthday pressies too!
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I don’t like today for purely selfish reasons. It’s my birthday and the fact that everyone is recovering from New Year’s Eve celebrations, in the past it was not acknowledged until later in the day with a ... oh ≈≈≈≈.. its your birthday. Sorry happy. Birthday!

As a child, I rarely got gifts, everyone said Xmas presents were also my birthday presents, including my parents.

Yes I know it’s all very self centred but I’ve always envied those who have birthday celebrations at a different time of the year and can engage properly. Mine just seems disappear and disappoint.

I can relate to how you feel because my wife's birthday is over Christmas so she always loses out. She is often given peoples unwanted Christmas gifts for her birthday (she was even given Christmas candles with the tinsel still on them for her birthday present by someone).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I was being sensitive to your condition and letting you know I feel your pain and you’ve ridiculed me again.I’ve had a stressful NYE because of the firework bombs in Northolt last night my dog was hysterical. She barked constantly for 3 hours and we couldn’t calm her. Thought she was going to have a heart attack!
He loves you really Sandra x
Am sorry about your doggy, I hate the fireworks too

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

I don't mind January...and after the madness that is working in retail over christmas its nice to slow down..we usually always go away as its our Wedding Anniversary on the 25th...this year will be 45 years and we are going to New York for three nights all being well...and its this month I have dropped a day at work and will only do two days a week.
So it should all gently slide me into the New Year x

Edited at 01:06 PM.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

Not self centred at all. Mine is 2nd Jan and I feel exactly the same way. I’ve had the joint presents and the lack of enthusiasm and the birthday present wrapped in Christmas paper (from my brother, whose birthday is 19th December). Cards arriving either late or not at all because ‘we forgot’. OH and I are off on a Caribbean cruise tomorrow and will raise a glass to everyone who has a birthday at this time of year. Cheers!
Old 1 Jan 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I enjoy January it's my birthday on the 25th after a very busy November December its a peaceful relaxing month colder darker nights means cosy nights in front of a fire.
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

Happy Birthday 🥳
I have always made a big thing of my DD’s birthday 21/12
Old 1 Jan 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Happy birthday to you.
Old 1 Jan 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Pieces
Imagineer

Pieces's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

It’s my birthday in Jan so I have that to look forward to. Also starting a course next month so there’s that too. But not a fan of the cold! Would love to go away but just can’t afford it. Happy new year! 🍷
Old 1 Jan 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I always find January flies over and then there's a few long months when I'm waiting for spring. In Jan I try to plan a few short breaks and treats for over the year and get the 'extra' stuff booked for WDW - and of course spend the month getting the December weight off
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List