Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Feb 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Elisebev
Trainee Dibber

Hermes

I recently placed an order from one of those adverts that pops up on facebook.

Earlier this week I got a notification that Hermes were going to deliver a parcel. I was at work so therefore not at home. I tracked it later in the day and it says that the parcel couldn't be delivered "due to a problem finding the address". The next day (yesterday) I got another notification that they were going to attempt to deliver. Later in the day, I got a email to say that they have tried to deliver 3 times and were now returning the parcel to sender. I have no idea how to sort this out. I have tried the online chat but it is simply a robot who takes the tracking number and tells you they have delivered 3 times and are now returning to sender. I tried googling, got a phone number for hermes. However, they ask you for the tracking number. You say the tracking number and they simply come back with a recorded message saying that the package is being returned to sender. Does anyone have any idea how I can speak to a human being to discuss. At this rate, I am just going to have to let it be returned to sender.
Elisebev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Could you try contacting the seller to see if they can help? They may be able to re deliver using a different service.
Very annoying though!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post

I would take it up with the seller, it is their job to ensure delivery not yours. I don’t think you will get any further with Hermes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Elisebev
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I suspect I won’t get far with the seller either. When I placed the order, even though I only put my cc details in once, I got 2 separate emails with order acknowledgements ie they had charged twice. I email them by return and basically received an email back saying tough, we are not refunding
Elisebev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I always have my stuff delivered to a local supermarket, it's quicker and less trouble in the long run.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

Mobile

There is a contact number on there website, but they are not helpful. I sent a heart monitor for my dog on Dec ,20th and the lost it, the cost £2040.00, they refused to payout. They never contacted me, I phoned every couple of days to chase them up, I was told sorry, we don’t know where it is. Has it been stolen I asked, they remained silent. I eventually sent there transcripts to there CEO in Leeds and miracle of miracles it was delivered late that afternoon. I will never use them again, they phone me the next day to say that the driver had it in his van and they have told him how important it was that parcels were delivered on time. They delivered it Feb 9th over 6 weeks later. Shocking service.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by LIZH View Post
There is a contact number on there website, but they are not helpful. I sent a heart monitor for my dog on Dec ,20th and the lost it, the cost £2040.00, they refused to payout. They never contacted me, I phoned every couple of days to chase them up, I was told sorry, we don’t know where it is. Has it been stolen I asked, they remained silent. I eventually sent there transcripts to there CEO in Leeds and miracle of miracles it was delivered late that afternoon. I will never use them again, they phone me the next day to say that the driver had it in his van and they have told him how important it was that parcels were delivered on time. They delivered it Feb 9th over 6 weeks later. Shocking service.
Well done you! I’ve been trying to get an £18 refund since 2017! They refused to take my parcel from the drop off point as it was too big (it wasn’t)
I ironically work near their HQ in Leeds but have tried calls, live chat, Twitter and a physical letter but still no joy. I’ve got transcripts too promising me the delivery cost refund but never received anything so gave up and put it down to “experience”
So I’m going to try the CEO now! Don’t suppose you have an email addy?
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I always have my stuff delivered to a local supermarket, it's quicker and less trouble in the long run.
No it’s not Hermes couldn’t find my local Sainsbury’s then like the OP claimed they had tried three times and sent it back and lost it!

OP once Hermes say they’ve tried three times there is no point talking to them anymore. There is a way on the online chat after you’ve talked to the robot to talk to a “human” but it won’t help!

I just got we’ve tried three times.i asked for dates and they gave me dates before the package had even been sent. They didn’t care and wouldn’t do anything. Good luck!
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List