Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Feb 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Any suggestions on booking a 'last minute' trip?

I was talking to my husband yesterday about our one year anniversary in October and he asked what I wanted to do, and I said I wasn't sure. He then said 'I suppose somewhere in Europe isn't going to be that interesting to you anymore is it, you'll want to do America?' and had mentioned specifically Orlando (Which I think is hilarious as I think he wants to go, but is going to try and make it look like it's my idea and he's just going along with it )

We're going to California in May, so we don't have the money/time to be thinking about this until after we get back, but I'm trying to think now is this going to be something we could get a good deal on if we look in the Summer for going in mid October?
I would have liked to stay on site, but I would have loved to get the free dining plan had we thought about this last year. Is it likely that I can get some sort of good offer for an on site stay, even if it's without the DDP?
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes! We book late July usually when travelling in October. We usually use TUI and get a week on site (budget like all stars) for around 650 each. Not dining plan though. I’d be looking around June/July time and keep an eye on prices. It’s even cheaper to stay on international drive. I don’t drive over there though so like to be on site x
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I’m always on the hunt for a deal. I know annual leave and the booking of that may be an issue but if it’s not your best option is to be hunting on a Thursday or Friday to go on the Saturday

That’s how I found a 1 week Disney Hotel plus 2 flights and luggage for a grand.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by kerrie1781 View Post
Yes! We book late July usually when travelling in October. We usually use TUI and get a week on site (budget like all stars) for around 650 each. Not dining plan though. I’d be looking around June/July time and keep an eye on prices. It’s even cheaper to stay on international drive. I don’t drive over there though so like to be on site x
Oh perfect! That sounds good do you use a few different travel companies to compare prices? and does that included flights for £650? I normally book flights and hotels separately but that sounds like a gret price!

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I’m always on the hunt for a deal. I know annual leave and the booking of that may be an issue but if it’s not your best option is to be hunting on a Thursday or Friday to go on the Saturday

That’s how I found a 1 week Disney Hotel plus 2 flights and luggage for a grand.
We're lucky and shouldn't have an issue with annual leave, as both our jobs are quite flexible with taking time off (just need to make sure work is up to date and arrange our own cover), so midweek shouldn't be a problem!

That is a fantastic price! Can I ask where you managed to get that?
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

TUI is a full package so includes flights, hotel and transfers.
I usually look around but I tend to find that TUI is quite good for last minute deals. Have a look when you have a spare 5 mins and check price every few weeks, it will drop and you’ll know when is a good time to book by comparing. As said, I usually find July the best time to book. It is 100% doable! X
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
Oh perfect! That sounds good do you use a few different travel companies to compare prices? and does that included flights for £650? I normally book flights and hotels separately but that sounds like a gret price!

We're lucky and shouldn't have an issue with annual leave, as both our jobs are quite flexible with taking time off (just need to make sure work is up to date and arrange our own cover), so midweek shouldn't be a problem!

That is a fantastic price! Can I ask where you managed to get that?
That was with Tui last year. We didn’t actually book it as we already had other trips so it was a bridge too far!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

I don't think TUI is going to work for me unfortunately! I normally fly from Dublin (or Belfast if it's ever an option), and it doesn't look like their WDW packages fly from there. Any other suggestions on where to look?

Have had a quick scan through on WDW website and attractiontickets to see what the hotel prices are like so I can make a note for when I check back later, and I could book the flights separately.
Old 17 Feb 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m not sure what travel agents you have over there but I deffo think a package would be cheaper than doing it separately last minute. X