Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jun 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
What about alternative routes from Edinburgh via JFK with Delta, I thought it was supposed to be starting back up by August?
And wasn't there a delta flight from Glasgow to JFK as well?

Or via Dublin with aer lingus, are those flights to MCO still operating?
Thank you. I would defo have to look into those indirect options if my flight is cancelled. I did love doing a direct flight though especially with a toddler and an autistic teenager it made things easier.
I’m booked thru netflights so if Virgin do cancel the Glasgow flights would netflights offer me an indirect flight say instead or my money back? I think BA fly also indirect to MCO from Edinburgh and Glasgow xx
Old 16 Jun 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparky0309
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by emmsy View Post
Thank you. I would defo have to look into those indirect options if my flight is cancelled. I did love doing a direct flight though especially with a toddler and an autistic teenager it made things easier.
I’m booked thru netflights so if Virgin do cancel the Glasgow flights would netflights offer me an indirect flight say instead or my money back? I think BA fly also indirect to MCO from Edinburgh and Glasgow xx
Emmsy, we have flown BA indirect most of the last 6-7 years we have been to Florida, from Glasgow via Heathrow and Gatwick, I would say via Heathrow def easier, different terminal landing to taking off but a bus transfers you and your luggage is straight through so you don’t need to collect anything. We only booked VA this year direct because it was so cheap, we usually pay around £450 for BA indirect but couldn’t resist the VA flight at £500, just the coronavirus that’s mucked things up, we had to cancel BA flight in May and got refund in less than a week, not looking forward to trying to get refund from VA if we have to. We will be going with BA in future always I think.
Sparky0309 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparky0309 View Post
Emmsy, we have flown BA indirect most of the last 6-7 years we have been to Florida, from Glasgow via Heathrow and Gatwick, I would say via Heathrow def easier, different terminal landing to taking off but a bus transfers you and your luggage is straight through so you don’t need to collect anything. We only booked VA this year direct because it was so cheap, we usually pay around £450 for BA indirect but couldn’t resist the VA flight at £500, just the coronavirus that’s mucked things up, we had to cancel BA flight in May and got refund in less than a week, not looking forward to trying to get refund from VA if we have to. We will be going with BA in future always I think.
Thanks for letting me know xx
Old 17 Jun 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

Today is my seat booking day - I can book my return seats (Fri flight) no problem - I have a VA booking reference for this & have booked seats & meal for DS.

My outbound flight has no booking reference, the date has remained the same but when I click to book the seats on that its says

'We’re not quite ready yet…
There’s nothing to worry about - your seat will be ready for selection very shortly. In the meantime please check back in 24 hours. If you’ve been waiting for more than a few days please call us on 0203 668 8008'

Supposed to be flying out on a Friday, looking more likely they are going ahead with the schedule changes next year and flying out on Saturday now...meaning no more 14 day trips!
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Laurabelle84 View Post
Today is my seat booking day - I can book my return seats (Fri flight) no problem - I have a VA booking reference for this & have booked seats & meal for DS.

My outbound flight has no booking reference, the date has remained the same but when I click to book the seats on that its says

'We’re not quite ready yet…
There’s nothing to worry about - your seat will be ready for selection very shortly. In the meantime please check back in 24 hours. If you’ve been waiting for more than a few days please call us on 0203 668 8008'

Supposed to be flying out on a Friday, looking more likely they are going ahead with the schedule changes next year and flying out on Saturday now...meaning no more 14 day trips!
Ok, so a wee change already - my outbound date has been moved from the Fri to the Wed before, so effectively giving us an extra 2 days... but the hotel booking is still only showing as 14 nights.

Also saying there's 4 passengers but there's only 3 of us?! (DS is named twice but with 2 different DOB's).

Think I'm best leaving it alone for now haha check back when things have settled a bit. Got plenty of time! x

Edited at 04:27 PM.
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Ok, so a wee change already - my outbound date has been moved from the Fri to the Wed before, so effectively giving us an extra 2 days... but the hotel booking is still only showing as 14 nights.

Also saying there's 4 passengers but there's only 3 of us?! (DS is named twice but with 2 different DOB's).

Think I'm best leaving it alone for now haha check back when things have settled a bit. Got plenty of time! x
This whole thing with VA is really annoying me! We had considered how we would do it next year with the Wednesday/Saturday flights and decided the extra couple of days would be great. Then when they confirmed on Twitter it would be Friday and Saturday all year we planned for that. Now it looks like that wasn’t true! There’s nothing we can do until flights are released but now I’m thinking will they even be set?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

Lisa if you do a search for dates up to May next year it shows flights to Orlando leave on Saturdays and Wednesdays but the return to Glasgow is Tuesdays and Fridays.
No set in stone obviously but at least it’s something
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
This whole thing with VA is really annoying me! We had considered how we would do it next year with the Wednesday/Saturday flights and decided the extra couple of days would be great. Then when they confirmed on Twitter it would be Friday and Saturday all year we planned for that. Now it looks like that wasn’t true! There’s nothing we can do until flights are released but now I’m thinking will they even be set?
I have no idea what they're up to - I was waiting until today to see what would happen with my days as I know they said they would stick to Fri & Sat but VA had Wed & Sat - confirmed today its definitely Weds & Sats judging my manage my booking.

We've said if we have to go for a few extra days then so be it, its only 2 nights - but all I got today was an email from VH saying they have updated our booking and gave us the new outbound flight date and then this mysterious additional passenger included. They've not even extended the hotel stay, so we're 2 nights on the streets at the moment!

I'm going to give it a few weeks before I contact them. I know they're obviously mobbed with all the more immediate dates so will give them the benefit of the doubt & wait until they're up & running again to see if they sort it themselves before I contact them to find out wth is going on x

Edited at 05:50 PM.
Old 17 Jun 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lorna_99 View Post
Lisa if you do a search for dates up to May next year it shows flights to Orlando leave on Saturdays and Wednesdays but the return to Glasgow is Tuesdays and Fridays.
Makes sense if it's the same plane, i.e. it takes off from Orlando on the Tuesday evening, lands at 8am or whatever in Glasgow on the Wednesday for a 2hr turnaround and back in the air to Orlando by 10am on the Wednesday.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lorna_99 View Post
I know but that’s not what they said on Twitter so they’ve basically lied or had no idea what they were talking about .

I have no idea what they're up to - I was waiting until today to see what would happen with my days as I know they said they would stick to Fri & Sat but VA had Wed & Sat - confirmed today its definitely Weds & Sats judging my manage my booking.

We've said if we have to go for a few extra days then so be it, its only 2 nights - but all I got today was an email from VH saying they have updated our booking and gave us the new outbound flight date and then this mysterious additional passenger included. They've not even extended the hotel stay, so we're 2 nights on the streets at the moment!

I'm going to give it a few weeks before I contact them. I know they're obviously mobbed with all the more immediate dates so will give them the benefit of the doubt & wait until they're up & running again to see if they sort it themselves before I contact them to find out wth is going on x
The problem with the current schedule (assuming it continues to September) is that it means either a 13 night holiday or additional days off work, neither of which are ideal.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List