Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

This is mental isn’t it ...new system goes live tommorow people have been linked loads haven’t ..the people who are linked did you link yourself or was it just there ?...I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve tried to link it
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We received our booking ref from Charter yesterday and once we entered it on MDE it linked immediately.
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mamie Baldwin View Post
We received our booking ref from Charter yesterday and once we entered it on MDE it linked immediately.
I think it’s people who amended with Disney who are waiting to be linked
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
seems to be which is even worse
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

I amended rooms and made a new booking with Disney .. amendments on the phone and new online and still waiting for all to link xx
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ah, I see, thanks.
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Still not linked for me - really don’t expect it to be linked for another week or so have to say if I don’t get the parks I want when I can book then I will just cancel - I am aware that capacity will probably open up more and more slots will open up but I don’t fancy the checking all the time to see if that happens all the way to next April
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

So I got linked, the cm I got was honestly bordering on rude before I even said very much, speaking over me and just really non Disney (I was being nice up until that point), I wasn't rude I just explained that had I known this would happen when I called last week to rebook, I wouldn't have bothered and that I felt that was wrong considering they had asked us not to call before the email came out Friday night. She then reminded me not to believe everything I read online and that she could assure me, nobody calling had had their booking manually linked.

I then explained I'd like my deposit back, she said she would cancel but it'd be loss of deposit but if I wanted to speak to the (can't remember what she called it) managers she would be happy to put me through to hear exactly what she had just told me again but from someone else, she repeated that a couple of times but I just said yes please. She then transferred me to someone who listened to me explain why I wanted the deposit back then informed me she was in the process of linking my booking... em ok.

Here's where it gets fun, she linked my booking alright, for a week later than we are staying. Called back (sigh) managed to get a callback via the new booking line and a lovely girl called me and got it all sorted.

I made it clear to the CM's I spoke to the first time that I know 100% that this isn't their fault but that it's not ours either and had we been given full disclosure last week, we could have decided if we wanted to risk it or not and that had I known, I'd probably have taken my deposit and booked offsite given that the first CM agreed that my booking likely wouldn't link until next weekend... after offsite have access to the system too. So its sorted, I would have just taken my deposit back after she said there's no way to link and as far as I was aware, that's why I was speaking to a manager but when she said she was in the process of linking it I was surprised tbh.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I am still waiting for linking for my new booking for next Sept (not a transferred one) which was made on June 9th, certainly not looking like it will be done by tomorrow, but hey ho that's the way it is. Don't fancy hanging onto a phone for hours only to be told I still have to wait, so in the end it is what it is.

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
hopex
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
So I got linked, the cm I got was honestly bordering on rude before I even said very much, speaking over me and just really non Disney (I was being nice up until that point), I wasn't rude I just explained that had I known this would happen when I called last week to rebook, I wouldn't have bothered and that I felt that was wrong considering they had asked us not to call before the email came out Friday night. She then reminded me not to believe everything I read online and that she could assure me, nobody calling had had their booking manually linked.

I then explained I'd like my deposit back, she said she would cancel but it'd be loss of deposit but if I wanted to speak to the (can't remember what she called it) managers she would be happy to put me through to hear exactly what she had just told me again but from someone else, she repeated that a couple of times but I just said yes please. She then transferred me to someone who listened to me explain why I wanted the deposit back then informed me she was in the process of linking my booking... em ok.

Here's where it gets fun, she linked my booking alright, for a week later than we are staying. Called back (sigh) managed to get a callback via the new booking line and a lovely girl called me and got it all sorted.

I made it clear to the CM's I spoke to the first time that I know 100% that this isn't their fault but that it's not ours either and had we been given full disclosure last week, we could have decided if we wanted to risk it or not and that had I known, I'd probably have taken my deposit and booked offsite given that the first CM agreed that my booking likely wouldn't link until next weekend... after offsite have access to the system too. So its sorted, I would have just taken my deposit back after she said there's no way to link and as far as I was aware, that's why I was speaking to a manager but when she said she was in the process of linking it I was surprised tbh.

So glad you got it linked! It's such a shame when you end up speaking to someone rude though. I'm thinking I maybe should've been a bit more firm when i spoke to them later, I wonder if it's worth me trying again tomorrow