Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Oct 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
For ease send the picture to the surgery email with your name and dob and there will be someone there able to put the pictures on. Put urgent in the title saying you have an appointment

As for the 20 years ago we wasn’t in a pandemic then. So not comparable
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Get a neighbour in - where is the patient confidentiality in that - talk to the practice manager
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Its getting to the stage of what is the use of a doctor anymore you might as well look at doctor goggle,I am very disillusioned with the way medical matters have been dealt with recently
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I had to sent pictures in of a lump. All you could see was a slight bump under the skin the size of a marble. How they could make an assessment on that I do not know. It transpired that they didn't know either as I just got a 'see how it goes' back by email. Our doctors surgery was poor even before all this, the service is practically non existent now.

Hope you are ok OP.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Send the picture by email, they will see it. It's very difficult for GPs and the whole health service, just follow their protocol as best you can.

We have had outstanding care from our Gp surgery and the hospital. We have done what they have asked and the systems have worked well.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Trouble3 View Post
The GPs are likely working hard. This situation is down to inflexible reception/admin staff and/or what they've been told to do by their Practice Manager.

A call to the Practice Manager should see the situation resolved and staff told off... if they're a good GP Practice.
The staff shouldn’t be told off. They are doing what they was told to do. What do you expect them to do?, as for calling the PM seriously? Again they are doing what they have been told to do. It’s not the staffs fault the OP doesn’t have a smart phone. This system has been in place for about 6 months.

Edited at 12:51 PM.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Lets be brutally honest.

Some GP practices have really stepped up to the mark. Some are dire and deserved to be criticised.

My Mum was 93 when she died in 2015. I wonder how she would have managed?
Smart phone!
She couldn't even use a Mobile.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Lets be brutally honest.

Some GP practices have really stepped up to the mark. Some are dire and deserved to be criticised.

My Mum was 93 when she died in 2015. I wonder how she would have managed?
Smart phone!
She couldn't even use a Mobile.
Oh I am not on the GPs side I am on the receptionist side who is just doing as told. Where I work we are still doing the email pictures and people are coming in but where I am a patient it’s ridiculous. I needed an asthma appointment, made one and on my way there I received a call. I was like I am on my way she was no need this is a telephone appointment. I was like how are you going to do an asthma appointment over the phone so I do agree some services need to get open. My daughter is under a service that has been shut since March not even moved over to telephone appointments so I can get how frustrating it is but it’s unfair to put the blame on the wrong people.
Old 5 Oct 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Please make a complaint. While there is a place for virtual appointments we need to protect people that can't do this
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Even before this pandemic, the one-size-fits-all approach could be infuriating. My 80 year old mum would get offered Warfarin appointments at, eg 7.20 am or 5.30pm when she was either still fast asleep or buses had stopped running. On the other hand, I have a FIL who could easily do 7.20am but his surgery reserves those appointments for people who work!
My other bugbear is the 5 minutes of recorded messages and options to press. This is very confusing for the elderly - turns out my mum had very nearly run out of her medication because they had changed the message/procedure on the prescription line and she couldnt understand it. Speaking quick and "the foreign accent" (her words, not mine!) just threw her, and it would cut her off if she didn't choose an option.
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List