Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

If you had to guess...masks next year?

I know... nobody knows, nobody has any idea, just curious as to what people's guesses would be?
How long do you think mandatory mask wearing will last in the parks?

We have Easyjet flights booked for next September (booked in 2019 and then rearranged dates). We haven't booked DLP yet and just wondering whether it's likely we'll still be wearing masks in another year.
It would be DS (will be age 3) 3rd trip and DD (due in January so will be approx 8mths) 1st trip and tbh mask wearing would be a deal breaker for us. I wear one religiously here everywhere and for work but just wouldn't be enjoyable on a holiday for me to wear 24/7.

If you HAD to guess...what would it be?
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I really, really want to say I don't think they will still be around (as I feel the same way about them as you!)

I am clinging onto the fact that in Shanghai now they are only mandatory inside... I could probably make my peace with that if it came to it!

I wish I had a crystal ball
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
In France children under 11 don’t have to wear them.

I am deliberately taking the worst case view that we may have to wear them. Watching lots of videos of DLP it seems manageable.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

My guess? The virus has not abated in 7 months. I doubt another 7 months will change much. The death rate has slowed (in europe) but infection rate is still high. I suspect masks are here to stay for a while yet.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

There are some great Disney ones you can get to make it a bit more fun... yeah I know but every little helps!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Some top person working on the vaccine reckons masks here until July!
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
My guess? The virus has not abated in 7 months. I doubt another 7 months will change much. The death rate has slowed (in europe) but infection rate is still high. I suspect masks are here to stay for a while yet.
Agreed, so much so that France is to go under curfew within the next few days. I think it will be the same until a definite cure is found where masks are concerned..

Edited at 09:17 AM.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
Will be 11mths but yeah I see your point. Possibly wishful thinking by me! Was hoping we'll be much further forward by this time next year with a vaccine and better treatment, plus herd immunity!
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
There are some great Disney ones you can get to make it a bit more fun... yeah I know but every little helps!
Yeah, we'd probably be tempted with older children as they might find that fun. But a toddler and little baby...I want them to be able to see our faces, and our smiles. Especially as it will be our daughters first visit. I want nice family photos too.
I appreciate the positive spin though xx
Old 14 Oct 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Some top person working on the vaccine reckons masks here until July!
I'll take that bit of hope!