Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Oct 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

I am a huge Cliff fan, I’ve seen him in concert many times since 1985 and have lots of happy memories. Can’t wait for next year’s postponed tour!

Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

My very first concert was my Mother taking me to see him perform at Grantham Methodist Church. I was at primary school and I remember it well, first and only time at Methodist Church and he sung Power to all our friends (put me off him music for life) - I must say I am far from being a fan and turn the wireless off is he some on but I think he is a kindly old soul.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mamie Baldwin View Post
I am a huge Cliff fan, I’ve seen him in concert many times since 1985 and have lots of happy memories. Can’t wait for next year’s postponed tour!

He is another singer who has 'adapted' through the decades and survived... so credit to him. Devil Woman was his song of the 70's imo, as Wired for Sound was of the 80's. Good luck to him and I was so pleased that the 'nonsense' with the BBC was also resolved.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

I was so pleased that the 'nonsense' with the BBC was also resolved.[/QUOTE]

Likewise!
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
making49
Imagineer

making49's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
My first concert was to see Cliff back in the 60's at the Everyman Theatre, Liverpool. I'd bought front row tickets, come the concert date I couldn't find them. Searched the house, nothing. After tears we set off to explain our predicament, they believed us and sat us in the seats we had booked. The first of many concerts and shows.
Happy Birthday Cliff.
Old 15 Oct 20, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUKinOrlando
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
True story- My dad grew up in the street as Cliff. He was starting a band and asked my dad to join. But in his wisdom Mr Wazza senior formed his own rival band with his brother. It was a skiffle band and Dad played the broomstick and tea chest. The rest is history
Good story. Tony Meehan asked my Dad if wanted to join 'this band who needed a drummer' My Dad was too busy at work so he told Tony to go for it. 5he band was The Shadows.
MarkUKinOrlando is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUKinOrlando
Imagineer

Cliff..a few years back at work, Bay Hill Golf Club in Orlando, our graphics and social media expert said she had helped an
English singer with his calendar photoshoot around the golf course. She said that she hadn't heard of him so I didn't get the call to go and see him. I've never let her forget it.
MarkUKinOrlando is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List