Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Oct 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Can disney do better?

Anyone else think certain things could and should be changed at disney to allow for a much better and still safe experience for guests? I'm thinking make minimum age for mask wearing age 6 instead of 3. Masks only worn in shops and inside ques with social distancing still in place. I dont get why the need for masks outside when social distancing is still taking place. Also the photos with characters could surely be taken with social distancing in place and photos the same. I hate the thought of taking photos in front of the castle wearing masks. I for one want to look back at photos and see the smiles on my childrens faces. I dont understand why we cant do this if nobody is close by? What do other people think.. could disney safely make changes which will make the experience so much better for everyone?
Old 19 Oct 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Given that there have been no outbreaks linked to WDW I think they’re doing the right thing. If we’ve learned anything over the last few months is that people will bend the rules so if you make them super strict then you should get decent compliance and safety. You have to remember that Disney will also be worried about litigation if someone were to get Covid and blame them for lax safety procedures.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’m happy Disney are putting guest safety above guests pressuring them to ease up too soon.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Given that there have been no outbreaks linked to WDW I think they’re doing the right thing. If we’ve learned anything over the last few months is that people will bend the rules so if you make them super strict then you should get decent compliance and safety. You have to remember that Disney will also be worried about litigation if someone were to get Covid and blame them for lax safety procedures.
I've read several times on FB that a lot of cast members have tested positive, this is from cms themselves. It's not something that Disney bigwigs would say as it would people off going there.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I've read several times on FB that a lot of cast members have tested positive, this is from cms themselves. It's not something that Disney bigwigs would say as it would people off going there.
They have 1000's of cast members who don't only go to work so could have caught it anywhere. Those who can't keep their distance from guests (eg directing people in queues) are wearing shields as well as masks. There is a testing center on Disney property that is always advertising no waits. I expect they find it much easier to be tested than the average person.
Old 19 Oct 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I’m happy Disney are putting guest safety above guests pressuring them to ease up too soon.
Over 3's wear masks in all public places in Orange and Osceola counties near Disney. The children are even wearing them all day in school if parents have chosen the face to face option. I have seen plenty of young children wearing them without any issues.

I was at Universal today and definitely didn't feel that we shouldn't be wearing masks in outside areas as people are not always 6 feet apart while walking etc
Old 19 Oct 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Yes I would agree with all your suggestions.
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmy-google
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Given most of those things are in place in the UK and they're clearly not doing enough to stop the spread I'd rather more places followed Disney rather than the other way around.
TDR - 2019
jimmy-google is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I'm glad Disney are being strict, infact they are being stricter as will ask you to leave if you wont wear your mask.

No one has to go at this time and if you want photos in front of the castle without a mask then you will just have to wait until you are allowed to do this.

I wish the UK was stricter with masks and distancing. - anyone can say they are exempt without being challenged and we know more and more people have the virus without any symptoms
Old 20 Oct 20, 05:30 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

I do agree with the masks and that they should be worn there, but I also agree with photos, which is one of the reasons we are choosing not to go for the time being. I would rather wait and have photos where you can see all of our faces and smiles. If I lived in Florida or we won't the lottery (neither is likely! ) I think I'd feel differently as I'd visit more often
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List