Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jan 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Temp and clothes in early Feb

We are heading out to Florida on Feb 4th for a week, and I’ve checked the average temp, which google says is 23c, but I can’t really figure out what that means in terms of clothes. I’m thinking layers- but does anyone know how cool it gets during the night? Will we need jackets or will cardigans be good enough?

I’ll keep an eye on the weather before we get out there as well but at the moment it seems quite up and down- 27c on Sunday! And then 17c two days later- is this normal for Florida this time of year?

Do you think we’ll manage to get any swimming done?

Appreciate any tips!

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went in early February last year and had similar weather. In the day I wore summer dresses or t-shirts and 3/4 trousers and then a fleece in the evenings. We are going again at the same time this year and so I’m hoping for the same weather. The weather can change a lot at this time of year though, just before we went last year they had a really cold snap.
Jaybeez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We have been early Feb many times. The temps have ranged from freezing (literally) to 30C. Its a great time to go but be prepared for all eventualities weatherwise.
Old 9 Jan 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
We went in early February last year and had similar weather. In the day I wore summer dresses or t-shirts and 3/4 trousers and then a fleece in the evenings. We are going again at the same time this year and so I’m hoping for the day same weather. The weather can change a lot at this time of year though, just before we went last year they had a really cold snap.
I’m really looking forward to breaking out some summery dresses early! I think layers are definitely the way to go then, maybe we should pack for the worst evantuality and also bring a jacket each, I’d hate for us to be stuck in Florida with no jackets and cold.
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
We have been early Feb many times. The temps have ranged from freezing (literally) to 30C. Its a great time to go but be prepared for all eventualities weatherwise.
Let’s keep our fingers crossed we have a nice temperate 22-27 shall we? we will definitely keep an eye on all the forecasts and pack a lot of layers!
Old 9 Jan 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are here now, and as others have said, the weather is very changeable.

We have worn shorts and t-shirts most days but have needed a sweatshirt in the evenings. My mum has been wearing trousers and jacket in the evenings too and even the kids (teen boys that don’t feel the cold) have had hoodies on.

I call it English weather - beautiful sunshine one day and freezing cold the next, no logic!
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh and yes, you can get some swimming done, we’ve been to the pool many times. Yesterday was warm enough to sit in the sun for the afternoon.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Whenever I have gone in Jan/Feb I have got away with shorts but carry a jumper/fleece in the car for the evenings
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Oh and yes, you can get some swimming done, we’ve been to the pool many times. Yesterday was warm enough to sit in the sun for the afternoon.
That’s great news! We are pretty hardy as well so not much could deter us!
Old 9 Jan 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
Whenever I have gone in Jan/Feb I have got away with shorts but carry a jumper/fleece in the car for the evenings
Rob
Thanks for that! I have a lovely warm fleece that I’ll bring in a backpack to carry around.