Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Mar 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
So I'm guessing that the next one for the Magic will be the transatlantic?

Don't really want to travel in school holidays so was hoping for early September. But don't want to do British Isles or the 5-night one (we've already been to all those places).

Have asked for a quote for the fjords one.
Yes, next one will be Tranny. Hope it's a warm one but guessing it'll be NY again as they can then do the east coast cruises up to Canada.

We used Travel on a Dream who are US.

Next question - she wants our Castaway Club numbers. I can log onto my DCL account and find mine but where do I find Peter’s? I made the booking.
They should have your CC numbers, you should only have to give your name and DOB if you've booked with them before. You can always add them after anyway.

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
No sadly we are still gold - think we’ve got two more to go before platinum, but I’m not sure as I’ve lost count! 😂

Yes sorry, it makes no sense, we too are planning to wait until 2021 for Japan due to the olympics, but we are going to Florida for a family birthday at Christmas 2020, and the only way I can justify the park tickets these days, is if I get an annual pass and go twice in a year, so my plan has been Florida summer 2020, Florida Christmas 2020 & japan 2021. But if this cruise pans out, then that would push Florida back to 2021 to use up the annual pass, and Japan would have to wait until 2022 - which feels far too long for my 14 year old apparently, who is desperate to visit Tokyo! 😂
First world problem!
Old 1 Mar 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
l Would love the tranny but would have to find money for a couple of nights in NYC and the flight home - would bump up the cost considerably.

But then would it work out any dearer than some of the Europe cruises?

Decisions, decisions...
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
W3LUM
Apprentice Imagineer

We used Travel on a Dream who are US.

Next question - she wants our Castaway Club numbers. I can log onto my DCL account and find mine but where do I find Peter’s? I made the booking.
you will find it on your "Reservation Confirmation "
99 All star mu Apr02 Residence Inn Seaworld Dec02 All Star sp Port Orleans Apr04 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Tradewinds St Petes Sep05 Sheraton Villages~Dolphin Dec07 Sheraton Safari Villages Disney Magic Sheraton Villages Apr08 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Dec09 Sheraton Villages Coronado Springs Mar10 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic transatlantic May11 Disney Magic Alaska Dec11 Villages Disney Dream Dec12 Disney's Vero Beach Villages Disney Fantasy Dec13 Villages Disney Fantasy
W3LUM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

I was looking at:
2020 Disney Fantasy 9-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral: 6/27

Day 1: Port Canaveral, Florida
Day 2: At Sea
Day 3: At Sea
Day 4: Basseterre, St. Kitts
Day 5: Forte-de-France, Martinique
Day 6: St. John’s, Antigua
Day 7: St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
Day 8: At Sea
Day 9: Disney Castaway Cay
Day 10: Port Canaveral, Florida

and wishing it was the same date as this year ;( its not in school holidays so i need to find an alternative!

my plan was to fly to NYC, have a few days there before heading to Orlando, for about 6 nights there, and use annual pass that we upgrade this year (going from 31st July) then onto the cruise, but the only one that would fit that is the western Caribbean one:
020 Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral: 6/6, 6/20, 7/18, 8/1, 8/15

Day 3: Cozumel, Mexico
Day 4: Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Day 5: Falmouth, Jamaica
Day 6: At Sea
Day 7: Disney Castaway Cay
Day 8: Port Canaveral, Florida

and i am not sure about the ports... what are others view on this one?
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
l Would love the tranny but would have to find money for a couple of nights in NYC and the flight home - would bump up the cost considerably.

But then would it work out any dearer than some of the Europe cruises?

Decisions, decisions...
It would probably work out to be the same if you choose a budget NY hotel. Stay outside of the city centre and it's much cheaper - just get the train in.

Originally Posted by Vikkicat View Post
I was looking at:
2020 Disney Fantasy 9-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral: 6/27

Day 3: At Sea
Day 4: Basseterre, St. Kitts
Day 5: Forte-de-France, Martinique
Day 6: St. John’s, Antigua
Day 7: St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
Day 8: At Sea
Day 9: Disney Castaway Cay
Day 10: Port Canaveral, Florida

and wishing it was the same date as this year ;( its not in school holidays so i need to find an alternative!

my plan was to fly to NYC, have a few days there before heading to Orlando, for about 6 nights there, and use annual pass that we upgrade this year (going from 31st July) then onto the cruise, but the only one that would fit that is the western Caribbean one:
020 Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral: 6/6, 6/20, 7/18, 8/1, 8/15

We prefer western to eastern. We did ziplining in Falmouth, it was such good fun. A fair few excursions not involving snorkelling on the western - it seemed to e all that was available on the eastern.

Joa
Old 1 Mar 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Vikkicat View Post

We've done these ports.

In Cozumel we got off as soon as the ship docked and got a taxi at the port to take us to the San Gervasio Mayan ruins. There were very few people there when we arrived and by the time we'd finished the first of the Disney buses were arriving and it got very busy. Our driver was waiting for us and took us back to port where we had a wander and then got back on the ship.

For the Cayman Islands we booked a day room at the Westin Grand Cayman and had a lovely beach day.

In Jamacia DD & I did the Chukka Horse riding adventure that included riding in the sea which was amazing.

I liked that itinerary.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

thanks Bats and TinkTatoo! i was worried that the western wasn't as interesting as we've done mexico for a holiday before, and the other ports didn't looks as nice as the eastern... but if you say they are better i'll go more research!
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
It would probably work out to be the same if you choose a budget NY hotel. Stay outside of the city centre and it's much cheaper - just get the train in.
True (and we live in London so are used to commuting!)

We visited NYC years ago and adored it, but prices have rocketed since then.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
First world problem!
Isn’t it just! 😂
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

We have a place holder from last year when we were on the Iceland/Fjords cruise (amazing itinerary if anyone is looking at that one) and booked a Caribbean on the Fantasy for August.

We are going to Floruda this year, but have decided not to do the cruise and were waiting for the summer 2020 itineraries.

Gutted as the Greek ones looks great and the 22/6 coincides with our 25th Wedding Anniversary. I work in a school though and not able to take time off and my youngest will be doing her GCSEs and not sure when the last exam will be. The other one in the 1/7 would be better for exams, but will probably clash with her prom. My eldest will be at the end of her first year at uni and I would think would be home by then. I doubt the Head at my school would allow me time off!

I quite like the idea of the one that goes to Russia and Estonia in August though. We love the Magic, so would be nice.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List