Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Aug 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
That’s a really high mark for them to need. What A levels is he wanting to do?
My daughter has still not decided which college yet or what A levels
It’s between 3 colleges, she has places in all three depending on grades obviously so she is going to decide on results day.
My son wants to do maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. I think he needs an 8 in maths so he can do further maths. I'm not sure what he needs for physics and chemistry. Fingers crossed he gets what he wants. He's predicted a 9 for maths but unfortunately got concussion playing rugby in march and then post concussion syndrome which has affected his memory. Luckily as it got nearer to his exams, his memory improved and he found them okay.
What will be will be, I'm sure they'll let him do what he wants as they know him but he will be gutted if he doesn't get the grades he expects. He doesn't want to find out his results until after we get back from holiday on the 29th
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jo 77 View Post
My son wants to do maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. I think he needs an 8 in maths so he can do further maths. I'm not sure what he needs for physics and chemistry. Fingers crossed he gets what he wants. He's predicted a 9 for maths but unfortunately got concussion playing rugby in march and then post concussion syndrome which has affected his memory. Luckily as it got nearer to his exams, his memory improved and he found them okay.
What will be will be, I'm sure they'll let him do what he wants as they know him but he will be gutted if he doesn't get the grades he expects. He doesn't want to find out his results until after we get back from holiday on the 29th
Oh my word how awful. I am sure he will still get the grades he needs. Just hope he enjoys his holidays without worrying about it.
Good luck x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Oh my word how awful. I am sure he will still get the grades he needs. Just hope he enjoys his holidays without worrying about it.
Good luck x
Thank you. He's being all tough but I know he's worried. He's enjoying the holiday though and we'll sort things out when we get back. We bought him his suit before we came away so he's all ready 😊
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Hows everyone feeling? 4 sleeps to go!

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Pretty sure I’m more nervous than DS! Just want it all over now!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jagmate
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Pretty sure I’m more nervous than DS! Just want it all over now!
Exactly the same here! DS is staying pretty cool about it all although I'm sure he's stressed underneath. He keeps saying that if he doesn't get enough to stay on at his grammar school sixth form, he's ok with going to the sixth form in the next town as they offer the same options but I know he's desperate to stay where he is. He's on his 3rd week of NCS as of tomorrow and I'm so glad as its kept his mind off things and been really positive for him both in terms of confidence and socially.
Jagmate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

My son also on 3rd week NCS so this has kept him distracted but i am a wreck! Which is silly because both me and dh left school with no qualifications lol

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

We have just been talking about results and my son was trying to guess which ones he may or may not have passed . His situation is not helped by missing the two exams through illness so we are still in limbo about them . If he hadn’t of missed them he would feel fairly confident of getting into his sixth form . Good luck to all !
Old 19 Aug 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
americangal
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by hilz22 View Post
Hows everyone feeling? 4 sleeps to go!
As nervous as anything. So is my ds
americangal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

My dd is starting to feel the nerves now. Because she’s pretty much been busy since the day she finished, this has been her first week or so with not much doing which has given her time to think about it.
Not long now folks 😱😊

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List