Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 23 Aug 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Costco - is it worth going?

We are looking a paying for Costco membership but before we do, is it worth paying for? We are about an hour away from our nearest store.

Thanks

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Depends what you buy. I go regularly and it saves me a bit if money but it’s also convenient and I like their return policies etc
I have executive membership so get cash back too
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Depends what you buy. I go regularly and it saves me a bit if money but it’s also convenient and I like their return policies etc
I have executive membership so get cash back too
Not really sure what we will buy as I've never been to one

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I used to have a trade membership for costco but I found we often bought stuff for the sake of it and ended up with so much bulk buying that we ran out of places to put it and some of it never got used, so we didn't really save anything. I will agree with Colette that their return policy is excellent.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
This might be a good first buy if you join

costco/Sports-Spas...-Case/p/308445
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I share a Membership with my Son so we pay half each.

For 2 households it works well but he buys more than we do there. If it was just us I wouldn't bother probably.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We were added onto a friends membership so doesn't cost us very much. We go about once a month and love some of the Kirkland products. It's great for the stuff you can bulk buy and often has in great gifts and clothes. Have to say we don't use it for the savings (did work out during one shop that some of the stuff we bought would've been cheaper in Tesco that week so you do need to keep an eye on that) although some times you do get great bargains. We use if for the stuff we can't get in other places mainly but do bulk buy a range of things like tea bags, pop, washing tabs, washing up liquid etc. You just need to have rom to store it 😊. We are about a 25 min drive from our nearest so couldn't go during lockdown as not particularly local and we did miss their stuff.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Have a look online, i have a card, live about 30 minutes from Thurrock, but haven’t been for a few years. I was buying too much on impulse and spending more than i needed.
You can order online without membership, i think.
Old 23 Aug 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
you need to try their Kirkland food products. Their chicken strips/nuggets are great and their icecream is lovely. We also go when we need big cakes for celebrations or for parties. They also do a fresh meatball pasta which is amazing. Also eat lunch there -it is soooo cheap! I realise none of that maybe worth a membership though 😂

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Sukey
Excited about Disney

I had visited CostCo a couple of times with a friend who is a member. I then spent weeks trying to persuade my OH to take out a trade membership. After much grumbling and complaining that he didn’t think there would be anything he would want to buy, he agreed. We went, took out membership and he emerged from the shop £600 lighter. This was in February and he went about once a month during lockdown. For someone so reluctant he spends a fortune every time he goes. Items like breakfast cereal, dishwasher tablets, washing machine tablets etc are a lot cheaper. I also love the Kirkland products. You just need to know before you go what price you normally pay for things in the supermarket to know whether they are a good buy. It was the only place I could get lots of tinned tomatoes from during lockdown and they are cheaper to bulk buy
Sukey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List