Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Aug 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Virgin Flights Glasgow 2021

Hi Dibbers, I’m looking for your opinion on Virgin flights from Glasgow for next summer. I have been stalking them and they keep disappearing and reappearing, sometimes only showing First Class seats (my budget definitely does not stretch to these) sometimes showing none at all.

Do you think these may be in danger of being pulled?

We have an open ticket with Virgin, after cancelling our 2020 trip, so are tied to flying with them.

Ideally we prefer to fly from Belfast but Virgin have already pulled these flights for summer 2021. Glasgow would be our second preference as it’s only a couple of hours drive away, the flight days are not ideal though and the cost is higher but I would be happy to compromise for the shorter commute.

Our other alternative is Manchester, the flights days are ideal and the flights are cheaper but it’s a good 4.5 hour drive away

I would go ahead and book the Glasgow flights (if I could catch them on a day they were showing on the site) but I’m worried they will be cancelled later and we would be moved to Manchester flights, this would mean we would have paid more money and the flights would be on the compromised Glasgow departure days when we could have just booked Manchester in the first place (with ideal flight days and cheaper flights but a long drive).

I’m so undecided
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Eiliko
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hello! For what it's worth we moved our cancelled 2020 holiday to end of May next year and have booked our seats on the flight outbound and inbound. Any time i have looked on the VA website the flights have always been there, albeit ridiculously priced as you say!

They have reduced the Glasgow schedule for the weekend flights and they've also retired the larger 747 planes, so I do wonder if the VA website is just reflecting true availability with them having to fit everyone that has re-booked or had already booked for next year into less and smaller planes.

Just my take on things and praying they don't cancel or make any other changes!
Eiliko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Ah, I had forgotten about the smaller planes and also all the virgin holidays being moved from 2020 to 2021. It’s possible the flights we were looking at have sold out as they are at the start of the Scottish school holidays

I’ll need to go back to the drawing board and see if we can tweak some dates as Glasgow would definitely be our preferred departure airport.

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be back on track for 2021 and we all get our holidays
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

We're booked to fly out from Glasgow end of April next year and when I log on to select seats etc our outbound flight shows all seats are booked (Wednesday departure) but the return flight (Friday departure) still shows some seat availability. I'm taking that as a positive that the demand is there so they will keep the route. It could just be what dates you're looking at are genuinely full
Laurabelle84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Laurabelle84 View Post
We're booked to fly out from Glasgow end of April next year and when I log on to select seats etc our outbound flight shows all seats are booked (Wednesday departure) but the return flight (Friday departure) still shows some seat availability. I'm taking that as a positive that the demand is there so they will keep the route. It could just be what dates you're looking at are genuinely full
I think you could be right, it’s looking like they might be full
Old 24 Aug 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Laurabelle84 View Post
There is a thread in Trip Planning called "Is my Flight Full" where Dibb members can check flight loads and seats so it might be worth putting a request on there to see if they can find out more for you. It has been a little while since it was used so I will try to post the link below - hope it works for you.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...165383&page=15
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List