Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Oct 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Are you a "sharer"... ?

Please, please, please this is a light hearted thread, no rows, no mention of Covid….. please lets keep it light.

All my life, if we have gone out for meals first with my mum and dad, then husband, friends etc., when we order food, we always share. I don't mean we start hoisting food on each other plates, but we always have a little taste of anything that looks great, I am nearly always the first to ask if anyone would like to try my dish.

Now recently we have made friends with two couples, who find this completely alien, (as in Gavin & Stacey) their dish, is their dish, they do not even share with their spouses and they find it really odd we have done this all our lives. To the point one of these couples said, if their children did this they would think they are very rude and they both said, we are the only people they know who do this.

Well all my friends do and my family, so I just wondered are we not the norm, do you share or don't you.

Once again, its just a light hearted thread, lets not turn it into something its not.

Come on Sharers, are you out there ?
x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We share, or allow others to taste a dish! We went out with my youngest son’s girlfriends parents, meeting for the first time, and her mother insisted i try some of her meal! I quite like it! Im usually the one to try new items on a menu, and others are free to sample! Family mainly!
Old 17 Oct 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh definitely sharers here, if we like the look of something on someone else’s plate and suddenly there’s forks flying all over the place. “Oooo is that pasta nice? Let me see” as the fork descends at Mack one. “What’s your fish like” and whoosh part of it is getting munched somewhere else.

Come on surely we’re all sharers 👍
Old 17 Oct 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would depending on the situation, with immediate family yes but with others no. If we have Chinese we put out the dishes and share, if I do a buffet then everyone takes what they want. If we go for a meal we eat our own food but I might say does anyone want a prawn, if I have chips over dh Or ds have them. If it was a meal with friends we wouldn’t share unless it was a sharing starter!
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

We always share! Makes it more fun as you get to taste more
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Loola30 doesn't share food.
Old 17 Oct 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

We do this too. (with family):grin

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584

Edited at 03:10 PM.
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

No a chance 😱

I order what I want to eat and anyone eating with me needs to so the same.

I really can't stand to sit with people sharing off the same plate 🤢
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post

Mobile

Nope don’t share food. Will begrudgingly share with my kids, but generally no. My food is mine 😂
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Yep, we’d taste each other’s food, but I think mainly close family rather than friends, although not completely unheard of.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List