Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Aug 11, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Wink Whats your best Disney or Orlando day/experience ever?

Obviously planning our trip, but would love to know the best day you have ever had out there?
Themepark, character breakfast, day out- anything at all?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 11, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

I'll never get over my first visit to MK - the ferry ride when the castle first comes into view (I think I cried! ) & then arriving & walking up Main Street - I was overwhelmed! That's when I knew it couldn't be my only time there

(Getting goose-bumps remembering the feeling!)

Our last trip, one of the hi-lights was an air boat ride - we loved it
Old 20 Aug 11, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post

We have been five times with our 2 young children and on our first day we always go to Magic Kingdom and when we walk in there is always some sort of parade going on and each and every time we all get really excited and it just fills us with emotion (bearing in mind my hubby can be a grump lol this is just amazing) we always stand there taking in the views while it takes our breath away, priceless!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 11, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
My first visit to magic kingdom, seeing the castle for the first time and watching wishes, pretty emotional

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 11, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
leanne
Helping Mickey

The best thing that happen when we were there was when we went to universal and my dad walked on to the wrong flat esculator thing lmao .. i was creased :L

WDW- April 1996 , May 1997 , October 1997 , October 1998 , August 1999 , December 2000 , December 2003 , December 2004 , December 2006 , December 2007 , December 2008, October 2011
leanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 11, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell1971
Apprentice Imagineer

tinkerbell1971's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
those post brings tears to my eyes it was the same for me seeing the castle for the first time walking down main street there is no feeling like it. I can't watch any thing about magic kingdom without having tears and goosebumps. we was watching wishes on you tube and I couldn't see the screen for my eyes filling up lol. It is magic kingdom they should change it to the magical place that will make you cry

just the thought of going back is my magic moment
tinkerbell1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 11, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
chaddymatt
Excited about Disney

I think one of the most amazing things (outside of the parks) that I ever did in Florida was the hot air balloon trip. So serene and beautiful up there with the sun steadily rising. Would fully recommend.

Oh, and also kayaking on crystal river with the manatees, such beautiful creatures. A real privilege to see them up close in their natural habitat. Wow!

Edited at 09:59 AM.
chaddymatt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 11, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

We saw a shuttle taking off on Independence Day 2006 - it gave us goosebumps and we felt strangely patriotic! Seems more significant now as the shuttle programme is no more
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 11, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
NellieElephant
VIP Dibber

This is the amazing thing about Florida holidays (and we've been 18 times) every one produces it's own special and unforgettable moments. This year DS23 came after a 3 year break and we had a fantastic time. He was picked out for the sealion show we and have some hilarious pictures. All that day, even in the toilets, people shouted his name!
Old 20 Aug 11, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Awwwww this thread is giving me goose bumps
We have been six times and its the same as others have said,being on the ferry and seeing the castle coming into view
Also the view down mainstreet,I cry everytime,it also bring back memories of my dear Dad that passed 10 yrs ago,we had 2 amazing family holidays there that he had planned as surprises for us.
It truly is the most magical place on earth, cant wait to take our baby girl for the first time in May to experience the magic