Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Aug 12, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
littlefeet1972
Apprentice Imagineer

First time at MCO

Hi everyone we go tomorrow and feel sick with worry and excitement. This is our first time landing at Orlando International and was wondering what we do when we get there and off the plane.
I know it sounds a silly question but Sanford was straight forward and small and easy. Have heard the International is huge.
Please can someone explain the routine when we get off the plane. Where do we go an what do we do.
Thanks in advance.
littlefeet1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 12, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
steph smith
Being a bit Goofy

its just as easy our first time at mco last year we always did Sanford - just two bag drops when you get off - but when you get on the 2nd option we took the cases with us
steph smith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 12, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
A great detailed explanation can be found on the MCO website, just follow the International passengers:-

orlandoairports/arrive/index.htm
Old 14 Aug 12, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Don't worry about the airport, it is huge, but you just follow everyone else. Sanford is tiny in comparison, but MCO is very well set out and you will be through before you know it.

Coming back is the same, well set out and lots of nice shops to look in.
Old 14 Aug 12, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

I agree, it really is easy. Just follow the other passengers off the plane. There are plenty of signs everywhere and staff who can help if you have a question.

Relax and enjoy yourself!

(just make a lists for everything - it helps me stay calmer)
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 12, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
I also followed the crowd 1st time It is a lovely airport but always just rush through

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 12, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Yes very easy, we always keep our cases as once I have them the're not going out of my sight
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 12, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Den
Imagineer

Just go with the flow. There will be a queue at immigration but once you get through here you will collect your cases. You then deposit them on another conveyor (if you choose to) and then make your way up an escalator and board a train to the terminal. At the terminal you will find your cases arrive on another carousel. This carousel is in the open airport and is fairly close to the car hire desks. A lot of people don't do the second drop but we have always done it out of necessity as we have travelled with two children, car seats, pushchair, two cases, two trunki's and hand luggage and there is no way we could get all that stuff from the first carousel to the exit.

What I would say it is very hard to go wrong
Disney Den is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 12, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
annabella
Apprentice Imagineer

annabella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Is a large airport but very easy to navigate. We never use the 2nd bag rop and just take our cases with (only 2 adults). Immigration can take a whilw it just depends how many flights before yours. Just go with the flow and enjoy
annabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 12, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi there

It was our first time 2 years ago. I didn't realise how big the airport was until we got out the other end! I just followed the crowd and kept my eye out for people I remembered from the flight and watched where they were going. Also it's very well signposted where to go.

Is Tom Hanks still on the video at Immigration?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread