Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jun 13, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Anyone seen the trailer of new film about Seaworld Whales?

This is shocking and unbelievable!

youtube/watch?feature...&v=G93beiYiE74

F**king disgusting IMO!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 13, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Irish
Imagineer

I actually got shivers watching it and I'm a lover of Seaworld and the shows

Must see if I can get to watch the whole film
Old 19 Jun 13, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
golden james
slightly serious Dibber

speechless.
golden james is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 13, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Genuinely not sure what to make of that.
The footage is certainly shocking to say the very least - but how do we know that is what the media are saying it is?

This could just be a way of certain groups getting at SeaWorld for having animals in captivity. I for one love animals of all kinds and I'd hate to think that these whales were being treat badly, but I'm not so sure they are.

Just my opinion I guess, but either way I don't think this should be shown because it's quite upsetting to say the least.
Old 19 Jun 13, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy M
Imagineer

Andy M's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I want to see this to gain a total understanding of what has gone on as we only ever see the smiling faces and "happy" Orca's on the big screen.

Andy

1999 ~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe (2n) / 2000 ~ DLP Day Trip
2004 ~ WDW All Star Movies (14n)
2005 ~ WDW All Star Movies (14n)
2009 ~ WDW Port Orleans Riverside - Disneymoon (21n)
2011 ~ WDW Port Orleans Riverside (14n)
2013 ~ WDW Port Orleans Riverside (21n)
2014 ~ WDW All Star Sports (14n)
2015 ~ WDW Port Orleans Riverside (14n)
2017 ~ WDW Yacht & Beach Club (14n)
Andy M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 13, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore-x
Helping Mickey

Saw this last week and couldn't decide whether it is truthful or if they are going to exaggerate the circumstances. I will be going to sea world before this is released so it won't stop me attending in a couple of weeks and I will make my own mind up
Eeyore-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 13, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post

The thing is this will now lead to increased cries to release all Orcas problem being most that are in captivity now have been born in captivity and to release them would be a death sentence. Same would apply to Tilikum IMO if he has been captive since he was a 2 year old or he would not know how to survive in the wild and they would all miss the human interaction just as Keiko did.

No more whales should be taken from the wild but the ones that are there already should stay and be cared for.
Old 19 Jun 13, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by adam_goodin View Post
Genuinely not sure what to make of that.
The footage is certainly shocking to say the very least - but how do we know that is what the media are saying it is?

This could just be a way of certain groups getting at SeaWorld for having animals in captivity. I for one love animals of all kinds and I'd hate to think that these whales were being treat badly, but I'm not so sure they are.

Just my opinion I guess, but either way I don't think this should be shown because it's quite upsetting to say the least.
I 100% agree with you. You see all the time the good sea world do
Old 19 Jun 13, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Freebird
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I just wonder what Dawn Brancheau's family think of this?

The film itself looks quite shocking but I don't think they are allowed to take them from the wild anymore. Also to echo posts above the ones in captivity now will not survive if released.

On the other hand seeing these whales at seaworld has made my DD (she is 9 now but saw them when she was 6 and fell in love with killer whales) determined to study marine biology and study them in the wild when she is grown up.
Freebird is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 13, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I'd like to see the whole film .

However I think we all know orca's would be better off in the wild than in small pools in Seaworld (or other similar parks ).

But you could never release those in captivity back into the wild because they wouldn't know how to survive , but no more should ever be allowed to be captured .

I don't doubt Seaworld does some amazing work, rescuing injured manatees etc , but on the whole I'm not a fan of having orcas in captivity for the publics entertainment , and if it weren't for the youngest really liking Seaworld I'd be happy never to set foot in the place again.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread