Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hotdogs and Hiccups (27.3.15 - 12.4.15)Day 5 Disney Hollywood Studios

Day 5 Disney Hollywood Studios.

Tom didn’t wake up until 10.15 today

We both had a cuppa and then bullied Ade out of bed because we wanted to go to Sizzler.

We arrived at sizzler at 11.30 (got stuck for 15 mins on 192 in traffic) The lady said they were just setting up for lunch

We decided to go straight to the park. This took an extra 10 mins as I was driving and can you believe it I missed the turn(small hiccup)

We parked up in Film 26 and took the tram. We dithered here should we stop at Starring Rolls for some cookies for breakfast, we decided not as it was nearly lunch time and we were planning on going to the Back Lot for lunch. We walked slowly over to Aerosmith as Tom had got another bout of hiccups. RRR was showing an 80 minute wait…NO thank you. 60 mins is our limit, this is why we have never been on Toy Story Mania

Tower of Terror was showing a 60 minute wait. I have always vowed never to go on this so hence I didn’t get a FP when choosing our 3, we only ended up with TSM and Star tours as Ade wouldn’t entertain the Aerosmith ride either.

So I got brave and said I wanted to do it this time. So we queued up. During the Queue I had to nag Tom to drink his water, it was very hot today.

Tom sat in the child swap area as he was not brave enough to try it. I think I screamed the loudest I have ever screamed, but I now know I will do it again next time

Love the guy in the white shirt!

Now we were hungry!

So we walked over to the Back Lot diner near Indy. We weren’t fussed about Indy this time as we have done it to death over the last visits.

2 cheeseburger meals and 1 hotdog meal came to around $38. they were very nice. Tom did drink quite a bit of his coke finally.

Ade went for an after meal ciggy and Tom and I went to look in the Adventure Outpost shop the other side of Indy.

I got a wooden animal decoration for around $40, I wanted this to hang on our shed wall on the patio but it is currently hanging above our bed, as I think the weather will spoil it. Tom got a map. We had these sent to parcel collection for later in the day.

It was now time for our Star Tours FP. The FP queue for this was 15-20 mins. It was very busy here today.

Time spent in the shop after and Ade and I had our photos taken as Padme and Anakin OMG this is so funny. This cost $50 but it is quite embarrassing having it taken as the whole shop can see on a big screen.

We then went past pizza planet and I had a look in the Christmas shop, I purchase 3 decs, Jiminy Cricket, Dumbo and Chip N dale. These ranged from $18 to $21 I also got a Christmasy necklace. I took these with me as the lady said it could be 4 hours before they got to the front of the park as they don't collect from the Christmas shop very regularly.

We wandered round to Toy Story and had more liquid in the way round. I always find the ‘street’ area really really hot.

Toy Story Mania was great fun, as said we had never managed to get on this before so we have the new FP+ to thank for this.

Scores were Ade 129,000 me 116,000 and Tom 62,000.

I had said I would like to try the animation class as I had seen and heard much about it here on the Dibb. But there was a wait of 35 minutes so we just had a look at some of the art and a look in the shop where there was a man actually drawing one of the pictures they sell, it was fascinating to watch.

We decided to make our way to the front and see what the board said for Rockin Rollercoaster. It was showing 45 minutes so we hot footed over and queued up for this. Tom said he did not want to go on it so he went to the child swap area with my bags. This was another first for both of us and we really enjoyed it.

We thought we would leave after this as we were getting worn out and it was really hot. We went to collect our purchases one was not there, the Adventure outpost purchase. I chatted to a really friendly cast member whilst he got someone to collect it and bring it over for me. He had worked for Disney for 25 years, he specialized in pyrotechnics and film. He had done Fantasmic and was one of the first to work on the lights Motor Action show. He used to hang off the back of a car. This was his first job where he really got to interact with visitors and he said he had to be careful what stories he told! He was a real character and so nice to chat too. He was trying to convert the current temp for me on his I phone.

Well parcels collected I had a quiet journey on the tram on my own which was nice. We arrived back at the villa at 6.45pm.

I had emailed Joanne earlier in the day to ask if possible to turn the pool heating up a little as Ade is quite fussy about the pool being nice and warm. It was fine for me and Tom. We were having a little splash in the pool and the chap came round to do it. We could immediately feel the warmer water coming through the pool nozzles. Wow that was a quick response, 3 hours after her reply, We said she could turn the hot tub off as we hadn’t used it and possibly wouldn’t..

We changed and covered the pool for the evening to keep the warm water in, and went to Millers Ale house for dinner via a petrol station as we were getting low. We filled up but the tank only took around $30. OMG. So we had driven from Tampa airport to Clearwater beach to the villa and all the driving around on $30 of fuel. Bargain

There was a 15 – 20 minute wait at Millers so we got some drinks from the bar while waiting. We were given a number and told to look out for it above the bar. We weren't allowed to sit at the bar because Tom was too young. So we stood and he perched himself at an empty booth, which when we were called was the one the waitress sat us at.

I ordered 2 Choice Flat Iron 7oz steaks for me and Tom, fries with his and jacket potato and green beans with mine, $11.99 each. Ade had something called OSSOBUCO Marinated pork shank slow cooked until fabulously tender. Served with mashed potatoes with gravy and vegetable of the day. $13.99 (copied from the menu)

Sorry again we had started eating before Tom reminded me to take photos.

Adrians Ossobuco

my steak

The waitress asked how Tom wanted his steaks and I said well done but she never asked me, when mine came out and I cut into it there was blood and it was quite pink. She checked her order and said she had put well done for mine also. So she took it back and they sorted it out, Adrian had nearly finished by the time mine came out again. But it was very tasty so worth the wait. Came to around $40.

We went back to the villa, Tom went straight to bed, Ade did some of his lego and I dibbed and FB and checked the weather as tomorrow was a scheduled water park day and Thunder was mentioned for the afternoon..

Tomorrow – Water Park

Todays count-

Hotdogs 1
Hiccups 2

Total count-

Hotdogs 5
Hiccups 9

Edited at 05:46 PM.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 15, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day nice to have a warm pool.

Joan
Old 6 May 15, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Wow what a bargain dinner was!

So brave of you to try ToT, I'd have sat with Tom.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Love the ToT photo, the guy in the white shirt' s expression is classic, but it the young boy Sat next to him who seems to be taking it in his stride!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 16, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

We loved miller's ale house this was a first for us last year, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Sounds like another fab day .
Old 6 Apr 16, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sungiggs
Imagineer

sungiggs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good looking tea!

sungiggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 16, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Sarah you are very brave doing TOT and rockin rollercoaster! I feel inspired now, to try when we go... Great photos and we love Millers too. Ribs are my favourite.
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 16, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Sarah you are very brave doing TOT and rockin rollercoaster! I feel inspired now, to try when we go... Great photos and we love Millers too. Ribs are my favourite.
It was not as bad as I thought it would be. You must give it a try.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List