Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Oct 15, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
the solo(ish) trip - summary

So we had arrived home. Our solo (ish) holiday had gone well, we managed to make it through with just the 4 of us, not lost anyone and not had too many tantrums along the way!

We had created many new memories and knew our Disney adventure still had more time left to run, so although I was sad to be home I knew that the planning would begin again soon!
This time round I felt we had made much better use of the dining lan than previously. I had done an awful lot of planning beforehand and it worked in our favour. I liked being able to plan my days in advance, even like the thought of have my fast passes booked 60 days beforehand. I pretty much knew what parks we would be in as I had meals booked for most days, so I was able to plan around that. I know the 'new' fastpass system doesn't feel good to everyone, but we embraced it and loved it. The planning was well worth it as it meant that each day we were there, we knew what we were going to do and there were no real decisions to make with no time spent dithering about what to do.
Having time back at the hotel was great too, particularly in the heat of August, it was something of a necessity. Being able to go to the hotel and then pop back out again to a different park in the evening was a definite bonus to staying onsite. Previously, when we have stayed in a villa, we have not done two parks in one day as once we get back to the villa we loose all enthusiasm for travelling out again. Being onsite and making use of the transport worked very well for us.
This time round we tried some different dining experiences, some of which are on our list to try again; Teppan Edo and Be our Guest are certainly there, but some we know we wouldn't do again (Cinderellas Royal Table). Our plan is to mix in a few new ones, along side our favourites when we go again.

After we arrived home and I went back to work to face up to reality, I had a slightly different outlook to life. We need to live for the moment and the memories are always going to be there, so lets make memories rather than buy 'stuff'. Hence the idea of the next trip was born;
if it ain't broke, don't fix it
This time we would be going back with mum and dad, would again be staying onsite and would be making plenty more memories to add to those from this holiday. The planning has already started...
Thanks for reading!

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 15, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing your trip, I love how you paced things and didn't seem to plan overwhelming days, similar to how we roll.

Glad to see you have a new countdown
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 15, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Thanks for your comments, I see from your countdown you're close to leaving. Have fun!

bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 16, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for sharing your trip
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 16, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Really enjoyed reading through your trip report. My DDs will be a similar age when we go next year to the ages your sons were so it was really great seeing what they enjoyed. Also good to see how you coped with the August heat.
Looking forward to seeing how this years trip goes.
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Mobile

Me too 😜

Thanks for reading.