Old 12 Jan 16, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
:) A Peachy Adventure October 2015 - Day 17 - Travelling home :(

29th October

All too soon we are at the end of the holiday I always think the second half goes by SO quickly. It’s like as soon as you hit that half way mark someone hits a button and you’re suddenly going at supersonic speed!

Today we all got up about 7.30am. There was no time to mess about as our flight home this year was an earlier one than we are used to. It was at 2pm meaning we had to be at MCO by no later than 11am. I am not one of those people who can rock up to an airport with only an hour to spare. It makes me feel ill just thinking about it!

Anyway! We had showers, stripped the beds, tidied up and did a last check to make sure we had everything packed. I did nearly leave with the villa key! I forgot I had to put it back in the lock box! Thank god I noticed before we were half way to the airport! Haha! After doing that, I got back to the car to find J inconsolable. He was very upset that the holiday was over and kept saying he didn’t want to leave. Chris said that while I was locking up he had noticed that J looked a bit down, so he asked if he was ok and J was like “I don’t know” and Chris told him its ok to be upset and that was it – he was sobbing! Awwww I feel your pain kid!

We went to one of the gift shops on the 192 just so J could grab something little for his wee sisters and brother. He has twin sisters who are two and a baby brother! He chose wee outfits for the 3 of them and then we were on our way. I know it sounds a bit cheap going to one of those shops, but hey, they aren’t our kids and we weren’t about to spend $100 in Disney on them! Soznotsoz.

J started crying again on the way to the airport, so that set me off too! We sat in near silence all the way there with J & I sniffing / blubbering and Chris probably trying his hardest not to laugh! I just hate leaving Orlando! It hurts me I tells ya!

We got to MCO around 10.30am and dropped the car off with no issues. We did bag drop and got our boarding passes nice and quickly. We went to go sit outside and soak up a bit more sun. J stayed in the shade and made his feelings about going home perfectly clear…..

You may have noticed we hadn’t eaten a crumb up until now so it was most definitely time to get some food in our bellies! We went through to the food hall where J & I got a McDonald’s and Chris had a Sbarro pizza. I loved the happy meal buckets! How cute! Bit better than our cardboard boxes……

I had a Big Mac meal without cheese. It was delicious. I do like Maccy D’s! I hardly ever get one these days since we live in the sticks so I really enjoy it when I do! Easy pleased huh?

I then decided I wanted to try a Cinnabon. I used to hate cinnamon with a passion, but have recently developed quite a taste for it, so I had decided I would try one this year! However, I was stuffed from my Big Mac meal I went over for a look anyway and discovered they sold Minibons! Perfect, take my money!

OMG it was so delicious and warm and gooey. Just the best thing everrrrr. I am already planning on getting a proper sized one this year! Haha! Is there anywhere else can I get one apart from City Walk?

After that we went for a look in the Universal and Disney EarPort gift shops looking to blow our remaining dollars!

I bought a Stitch Pillow Pet which I adore! J bought a Disney rubix cube and Chris bought a hoodie. We went through security at about 12.15. I stupidly thought it was 1.15, so we were far too early, but never mind!

Chris noticed a vending machine that sold headphones and the like. He bought J a new pair and a pair for me, so we wouldn’t have to use the crappy plane ones! Very funky machine it was and good deals too!

We went and sat in Outback at the bar and ordered some drinks.

Here’s J and I with our new headphones. I’m also proudly showing off Stitch as you can see!

We had a couple more drinks before heading to the gate for boarding By this point I wish there was a magic portal that transported you straight home! The contrast in travel days from the start of a trip to the end of a trip is night and day, isn’t it?! Doom!

Not sure what time we boarded as I haven’t written it down, but board we did! I fell asleep before take off and then woke up with 90 minutes remaining so I watched most of Mamma Mia! Such a guilty pleasure! I snacked on some Lays and a 3 musketeers bar that we must have bought at MCO! We landed in Detroit at 4.50pm. J was fascinated with the big water fountain feature!

However, he didn’t quite notice that the edges were wet, so he managed to completely soak his front! Chris had to take him to the toilets to use the hand dryers! Haha!

We were all hungry again (shocker eh?) and decided to try Coney Island for some grub! I had a chicken tender pitta wrap, Chris had a grilled chicken sandwich and J had a tuna sandwich which he didn’t eat for some reason! Kids!

We enjoyed ours though. We paid up and went to the gate to wait for flight no.2! Again, I cant remember what time we boarded, but I think it was around 6.30pm maybe! The flight was completely full, very very busy! However, at least this was a nice plane! Much better than the long haul we got on the way out. The staff were a lot nice too, much friendlier and more attentive!

Dinner came about an hour and a half after take off. I nibbled on the vegetable lasagna and bread, but I wasn’t really hungry yet! Chris had the chicken dinner and J ate some cheese!

I decided to watch The Longest Ride. Bad move when you are already emotional (I’ll never learn)! I loved it though and had a right good bubble! I didn’t write down what the boys watched, but I’m guessing J watched Jurassic World again!

The flight was really choppy pretty much for the duration! Every time I nodded off I was woken by turbulence. There was no reassurances or warnings from the pilot which was slightly annoying, but hey ho. A man also collapsed near us, we think he was diabetic so that was a bit dramatic!

Breakfast came round shortly before we landed, but I declined. Chris had a croissant and a yogurt. We landed in Paris and I have written down “rude people ugh”, but I can’t remember the specifics! Haha! We went and brushed our teeth in the toilets before getting a coffee for Chris and some water for J & I. We sat by the gate waiting for the shuttle bus to take us to the plane. It was a quiet flight and I slept for most of it.

We landed early in Aberdeen at 10.50am. Our luggage came through quickly which was a boost! Chris’s Dad was waiting for us as he had landed a wee while before us so we had arranged to share a taxi home. J’s mum, her partner and J’s wee brother were waiting for him! There were lots of tears! It’s the longest J has been away from his Mum for a long time, so they obviously missed each other. We said our goodbyes and headed off to meet our taxi driver. It was a miserable rainy day. Yuck

We got home to find a bag with milk and bread on our doorstep from our neighbor. She also left us a card, flowers and a bottle of bubbly for the wedding! What a babe! We were so grateful!

Chris carried me over the threshold How traditional!

We didn’t waste any time making a proper cup of tea, but not before digging out our new Disney mugs

Chris also admired his new golf clubs…

We didn’t do much for the rest of the day, just unpacked and then chilled out. There were definitely naps too! We decided (again) that three flights is definitely too much. It makes the day just far too long and tiring, especially on the way back!

So, there we have it folks! All over! We had a wonderful time. The wedding was the obvious highlight, but we had so much fun with our friends and family too. It was also great seeing J having a ball over there, but it was definitely no honeymoon with him being there. We only got one night to ourselves the entire time, so that is why we are going back just us two in May. Any excuse eh?

Thanks so much to everyone who read this xxxx

Edited at 01:50 PM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

I've really enjoyed reading along. Hope you have another amazing trip in May.

Diane
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lolli31
Excited about Disney

I've just read your trip report from start to finish and firstly Congratulations and secondly it sounds amazing, I cant wait till we go for our first time at the end of May.
lolli31 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiemcpretty
slightly serious Dibber

Fab report and loved it all. I really need to book to go back. x
Old 12 Jan 16, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Wozi
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing, sounds like you had a fabulous time. Now I guess you need to start planning your May trip.
Old 12 Jan 16, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
What a looooong travel day. They are the worst.

Poor Jake being so upset, I bet that easily made you feel worse than you already did.

Thank you so much for sharing, I've loved reading about your trip and it's been fun thinking of what we were doing at the same time.

Hoping the time goes quick so we can read about your next trip. xx

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Ah Rachael, its all over

How sad does Jake look, really sums up the mood! Thanks for sharing Mrs Peachy, its been brilliant.

Hope the weather has improved and you escaped damage out in the sticks!

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Really enjoyed your trip report
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for writing, I really enjoyed reading it and congratulations to you both x
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List