Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Jun 16, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

The Special 1st trip for our girls-April 16-Day 4

Day 4- Hollywood Studios and Sanaa

Today we were up early as we had breakfast reservations at 08.00. I was up at around 05.30 and the girls at 06.15. The girls had a pack of biscuits for breakfast just to tide them over till their proper breakfast. The 'Tinkerbell' presents today were doc and Sofia dresses that were made for them.

We left the room at 07.00 and were on the bus by 07.10 and arrived by 07.25. It was really empty, and were were 4th in line for the breakfast reservations. The cast members were all really friendly and chatty with the children in the line. They gave them all stickers and were playing with them.

We were let in at about 07.55 and we walked round to Hollywood and Vine for our breakfast reservation at 08.00. We checked in quickly and waiting just outside the restaurant. The girls were looking through the door, when Sofia came up and started waving and blowing kisses to them. Darcey was so excited and was jumping up and down. We were seated in the restaurant by 08.05 and the waiter told us we had time to grab our food before the characters came round.

We really only booked this restaurant as the girls are massive fans of the Disney junior characters and hadn't seen the best reviews of it. We were all pleasantly surprised and all really enjoyed it here. The food was really nice and there was a lot of choice and was all hot and freshly cooked. The character interaction was fab and we all had a really nice time here. Every 20 mins or so they did a little dance party in the restaurant with the characters and the girls had loads of fun joining in with this. The characters that we met was Sofia the 1st, doc mcstuffins, handy manny and Jake the pirate. The two best characters were jake and doc, spending a lot of time with the girls. After meeting Jake at 08.55 we paid our tip and left the restaurant.
The total for this meal including tip was $171.84. We used 4 adult and 1 child TS credits and paid $24.84.

Once we had left the restaurant we made our way to the great movie ride where the wait was only 5 minutes. I really enjoyed this, but I think some of the scenes were a little scary for the girls. I do think this could do with an update though as some of the films although classics are really old now. When we got off the ride Pluto and chip and dale were doing meet and greets, so we queued up to meet both of them. Chip and dale are such good character meets and are so funny.

We next had our fastpass for toy story mania next. The wait at 09.50 was 90 minutes and we waited about 10 minutes till we were on the ride. I have never done this ride before and I loved it, it was so much fun. Me and adam were very competitive and Phoebe enjoyed helping us both. Adam just won he scored 255,000 and I got250,000 so very close. I was gutted that I didn't get another fastpass for this ride.

Quick toilet stop and then we quickly made it over to Disney junior to watch the show there that started at 10.30. This was a really cute show and the girls loved it. The only thing that isn't too great is that you have to sit on the floor and it is a 25 minute show. I had such bad pins and needles when I got up and I couldn't actually walk for a few mins, my mum was dragging me out.

We next had another fastpass for frozen singalong at 11.30. I had changed the fastpass when we entered the park, I originally had TOT as the fastpass but no one but adam wanted to go on it and he didn't want to go on it on his own so I had swapped it for frozen. It probably was a slight waste of a fastpass but there wasn't anything else that we wanted. I absolutely loved this show, the narrators were really funny and I loved looking round at everyone joining it with all the singing. At the end I got quite tearful with everyone singing let it go and the snow coming down and seeing how amazed and happy the girls looked. Even adam admitted he was getting a little emotional at this moment.

We then stopped at sweet spells to pick up some snacks and we took them round the corner at starring rolls for a sit down. Between us all we got 4 glaciers cups to share, a White choc chip cookie, a carrot cake cookie, a mammoth pecan pattie and a Mickey Mouse cookie. This came to $38.47, we used 2 CS credits and 1 snack credit for these. The carrot cake cookie was huge but so tasty and glad I managed to try one.

We next made our way up to the 13.00 showing of beauty and the beast. Another good show just seemed to go really quickly. Darcey was really enjoying this and sitting so well but the next time I looked over she was fast asleep in my mums arms so missed the last 10 minutes of it. We managed to get her into her buggy without waking her up after the show.

Our next thing to do before calling it a day today, was to use our fastpass on star tours. Mum didn't want to go on so she stayed with the girls while me, adam and my dad went on. I have never seen a Star Wars film so not sure of all the characters and what was going on but I really liked it and thought it was a lot better then I remembered from before. The boys really enjoyed it too. Back to the girls and we made our way out the park and after waking Darcey up got on a bus at 14.20 back to the hotel where the girls chilled and watched some Disney junior.

Me and mum walked over to the main reception as we had quite a few packages to pick up and we wanted to pay off our room account so far. We had not paid cash for anything and put all charges and purchases on our magic band to pay off. When we got to reception we asked to pay off what was on our room. I had been writing everything down so knew we had around $800 to pay off. The guy on reception said we couldn't pay it off yet and had to wait till we checked out. I said that we wanted to pay it off now with cash as I didn't want it being charged to our credit card if we went over the limit. He said that the limit before they charged was $2000 so we had time yet. We went away, but wished I had asked to speak to someone else as him not taking our money and clearing our account would cause us problems later on.

Tonight we were off to animal kingdom lodge, kidani village, to have dinner at Sanaa. We left the room at half 5 and had already decided we would get on the first bus that came along and change when we were there. The 1st bus that actually came along was an animal kingdom bus and there were a lot of people on it. Once we got to the springs bus stop everyone else had got off and we were the only ones left on the bus. The driver came to us and asked us where we were going as animal kingdom was closing in half hour and we explained we were going to Sanaa and just wanted to change there and he was fine with that. I soon realised that we were going pass animal kingdom and he was actually taking us straight to Kidani Village. What a lovely thing for him to do and we really appreciated it. Adam tried to tip him but he wouldn't accept it. A lovely bit of Disney Magic.

We spent a bit of time looking round the hotel and sat outside on the rocking chairs looking at all the animals on the Savannah. It is a really lovely hotel and I loved all the decor and little touches around the place.

We checked into Sanaa and waited around 10 minutes until we were called. While we were waiting one of the staff came over and gave the girls a Tinkerbell glowing clip each that go on the cups as she said they were being so well behaved. So lovely and Disney Magic no 2 today.

I really loved this restaurant and the food was so nice and tasty. This was my mums favourite restaurant of the whole trip.we had

C- lamb shank $29, mango margarita $11.75, dessert trio $8.00
A- Tandoori chicken $22, mango margarita $11.75 and lemon tart $6.00
M- Tandoori chicken $22, coconut cool $9.50 and lemon tart $6.00
D- Tandoori chicken $22, coconut cool $9.50 and cheesecake $6.00
P&d- chicken breast $9.25 and savanna s'mores $1.75
We also had the bread service as a starter which was $12. The total was $232.50 including all alcohol and tip. We used 4 adult and one child TS credit and paid $67.86.

We then got a bus back to Disney springs and as it was a lovely evening we decided to walk back. It was a nice walk back and took us about 15-20 mins so not long at all. All of us straight to bed after showers as we were knackered.
chazb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 16, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

What a perfect day for the girls I love the dresses
Gusgusmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 16, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Fab day ☺
Old 1 Jun 16, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Love the girls'dresses. What a lot of characters you have met. I don't remember meeting any characters in the Studios - oh apart from Green Army Man.
Another great day.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 16, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gusgusmummy View Post
What a perfect day for the girls I love the dresses
Thank you and thanks for reading x
chazb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 16, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Fab day ☺
Thanks x
Old 14 Jun 16, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
Love the girls'dresses. What a lot of characters you have met. I don't remember meeting any characters in the Studios - oh apart from Green Army Man.
Another great day.
Thanks, yeah we did meet a lot of characters, we had to buy a second autograph book. Thanks for reading x
Old 15 Jun 16, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
secretivemum
Imagineer

Another fab day - the girls dresses are great.. loving all the tinkerbell presents
secretivemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 16, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow what lovely Disney magic with the bus driver and the tinker bell clips!
The breakfast meal at H&V looks great for pre schoolers!