Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Jun 16, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile Forget about the mouse this is all about the duck, LIVE Final Thoughts

Index

Looking back over our 2 weeks in the Disney bubble I can't actually believe we did as much as we did!
Luckily most parts were fantastic but there were a few lows along the way (though not many!) so here are my final thoughts on our trip.
BRITISH AIRWAYS, couldn't fault the airline at all they were very good at providing the children's meal on the way out (chicken nuggets and mash) and the inflight entertainment was good. I would definitely use them again.

CARRIBEAN BEACH RESORT
I LOVED this resort, we were in Aruba building 53, 2 minute walk to laundry and pool, 3minute walk to bus stop and about 7 minute walk across the bridge to Old Port Royal. I loved that the resort was so quiet, the rooms were spotlessly clean and that we were given a room with the pull down Murphy bed. The buses to the parks were frequent and the only time there was a hold up was when the drivers were loading/unloading mobility scooters. The buses on the way back from the parks were crowded but we would often wait for the next bus if it meant the children could get a seat.

CAR RENTAL
I am so pleased we rented a car, taking our own boosters and sat nav saved a fortune. We took a sun shade for the car windscreen and made sure the boosters were left in the footwell so they weren't in direct sun which meant Ben and Charlotte didn't burn themselves on the seats! I would definitely hire a car again but next time I would probably only have it for a week as the hotel buses were so good.

THE PARKS, UNIVERSALS, KENNEDY
Wow! There are no words I can think of to put into words how fantastic these parks and attractions are. We have seen and done more in these last 2 weeks than we could have ever imagined. Magic Kingdom was definitely the busiest while we were there and yes it's a pain when you drive as you have to go to car park then team to ticket and transportation then monorail or boat to park but we found by catching the resort monorail to and from the ticket and transportation centre it saved time and being in the middle of the crowds for the express monorail.

DINING PLAN
So much food a ridiculous 77 snack credits remaining (or 22 quick service, 11 snacks). We had upgraded to dining plan rather than quick service so I dread to think what we would've had left if we hadn't had to go to a reservation at a set time to eat as it was so hot we didn't really feel like eating during the day. The dining plan is great but I did notice a few inconsistencies when it came to being able to switch your dessert or drink for other snack items.

We had an absolutely fantastic holiday and I really hope we will be able to return soon!
Thanks for reading

Edited at 10:11 PM.
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 16, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JK's Mummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like you had an amazing time! We are booked for CBR next october- a little worried about the size of the resort but found your comments reassuring.
JK's Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 16, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
2anddone

Mobile

Originally Posted by JK's Mummy View Post
Sounds like you had an amazing time! We are booked for CBR next october- a little worried about the size of the resort but found your comments reassuring.
There is an internal shuttle but honestly we never felt the need to use it. I was worried about the size too but even though it's large it's nothing like some reviews on trip advisor have made out!
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 16, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JK's Mummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2anddone View Post
There is an internal shuttle but honestly we never felt the need to use it. I was worried about the size too but even though it's large it's nothing like some reviews on trip advisor have made out!
I'm not opposed to a bit of walking if I need to! Can't wait! The pool looks fab.
JK's Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 16, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Kiddlywinks
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by 2anddone View Post
I agree!
I sometimes think people expect to be waited on hand and foot on holiday, so having to walk more than a minute or two is a problem for them
They forget to enjoy the peace and quiet a stroll brings, especially when taking in the surroundings.
CBR is a lovely resort in a beautiful setting
August 2022 - Disney's 50th for sure
Kiddlywinks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 16, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Just read your full report from start to finish. Sounds like you all had a great holiday. You packed so much in to each of your days.

You clearly had some lovely meals and fabulous character interaction too. Did you find your kids were really tired? I felt my kids lasted a lot longer than I expected last year and hoping for the same again this year.

Thanks so much for sharing. You have created great memories for your kids.
beegnjasmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 16, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
secretivemum
Imagineer

ive really enjoyed reading your reports - thanks for sharing
secretivemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 16, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
2anddone

Mobile

Originally Posted by beegnjasmum View Post
Just read your full report from start to finish. Sounds like you all had a great holiday. You packed so much in to each of your days.

You clearly had some lovely meals and fabulous character interaction too. Did you find your kids were really tired? I felt my kids lasted a lot longer than I expected last year and hoping for the same again this year.

Thanks so much for sharing. You have created great memories for your kids.
Thank you for taking the time to read and I am glad you enjoyed them

I found that the children were tired by the bus ride back at the end of the day but what I found worked really well for us was to let them sleep in for as long as they needed on the days we didn't have character breakfasts or days out to Kennedy or Universal planned. Some days this meant we didn't leave the hotel til almost 10.30 but it worked really well for us to go out later then not head back too often to the hotel as we found if we stopped it was a struggle to get them going again!

We loved the character meals and had some fab interaction, I was amazed at how chatty some characters were (especially the princesses) it was talk continuously while signing autographs and posing for pictures followed by a wave and move on...very cleverly done really when you consider who many people they had to get round in the dining room!
Old 7 Jun 16, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
2anddone

Mobile

Originally Posted by secretivemum View Post
ive really enjoyed reading your reports - thanks for sharing
I am glad you enjoyed them, I loved writing them and would definitely do another if I ever get the chance to go again
Old 7 Jun 16, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

CBR looks lovely, glad you've had such a lovely holiday
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List