Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Jun 16, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
hcollins16
Excited about Disney

Day 14 - HHN WDW Oct/Nov 15

Day 14 – 31st October 2015- HALLOWEEN

Today was the day the main event the whole reason we go to America at his time of year it was Halloween and o my was I excited!

We was up at 8 for our breakfast reservation at 8:30 at Boma, our plan was not to leave the hotel all day until later in the evening. So off we went downstairs for breakfast omg they had Simba waffles the DF was so excited about that. We tried some of the African inspired food however my DF was eating his breakfast and there was some plastic in his food so that wasn’t great I wasn’t overally impressed so said we need to tell someone and our waiter came over next minute the manager came over and I must admit they were great really helpful and nice. Other than that one small issue the food was YUM!

After breakfast we went up and chucked our swim stuff on and chilled around the pool all morning, being a massive Westham fan and I remember this as though it was yesterday I was sitting round the pool getting my tan on listening to Westham v Watford shouting at the top of my voice how we managed to lose to Watford that game I will never know whilst I was doing that the DF was listening to his beloved Everton. At around 1pm we went up to our room to freshen up as we had a lunch reservation in 30minutes at Sana, now I know this is lazy but it was so flipping hot that we did actually drive to Kidani Village and parked there as the thought of walking in the heat was too much.

We went in to the restaurant and had about a 10minute wait so quickly popped outside and had a look I must admit I actually preferred we was saying but was great just to chill and have a look at the animals whilst we waited. Once our buzzer went off we was in for lunch I ordered an africa white wine and DF a beer I also ordered a strawberry lemonade which ive decided is actually an aquired taste. Then onto food we decided we was gonna go for it and ordered the bread sellection with the 9 dips o boy that was something special it was amazing, I would 100% have that again it tasted so good even the spicer dip weres delcious, for mains we both went for the two curries and rice, I had the chicken and the lentil dhal and df had the durban shrimp and the the braised beef, jez louise we were stuffed to the brim by the time we had finished but the service was great, we had a trainee waitress but I thought she was super I had no complaints at all.

After lunch we drove back to the hotel and went up to chuck our swim stuff back on, I know this will most probably be frowned upon but whilst we was in the room we did fill up our refillable mugs with wine and beer, you will understand why later it was necessary, we chilled by the pool for a few hours and had a swim I also purchased a cocktail from the pool bar until it got to about 4:30 and we went up to the room to get ready.

Tonight we was off to Halloween horror nights, now this has been a complete build up for me, this was our 3rd year the first was a complete write off and I was petrified and didn’t do anything, our second time I progressed and did the streets but no houses. However this year was different I was on a mission it was another year on I was bigger and stronger and this year I was ready to concur my first house, I LOVE and mean LOVE the walking dead and knew before months before even that I had to experience that house. So whilst we was getting ready I’ll admit I drunk ¾ bottle of rose to myself and df had a few beers. We both put our Halloween tops on and went down to reception where we connected to our wifi and ordered our first ever uber. Result we was standing outside the hotel the guy called us and said it would arrive in 5 minutes and he was there it was so simple literally have no complaints the whole journey he was chatting away about football and everything and anything however he did miss the turning for universal but managed to take some other exit. We had a code for a free ride so the whole thing worked out fab we was out of the cab and off we went.

Once we got out I started to get the nervous buzz it was still light and horror nights was literally just started so we popped into the NBC grill brew pub which I must say is amazing with loads of sports screens and we just had another drink for dutch courage wine for me and beer for DF. Once we had this about half hour later we was on our way.

The queue to get in was massive and took a good 20 minutes till we was in so we decided that we would head anti-clockwise and I had one thing on my mind getting in this walking dead house I thought once we did one it would get me out of this fear I had, so first was the icons of horror nights and just as we approached this main area o my days there was a bar what are the chances so we queued up and grabbed a vodka coke for me and beer for DF I’m sure you can all see where this is going.

Drink in hand off we went in the scare zone all of a zone I became miss confident and in my element I was practically skipping down the street taking photos o wow it was amazing I was sooo happy to be there. Then we walked past the jack show that was just about to start and entered the Evil Roots section at this point some pumpkin guy was just staring at my DF and was getting closer and closer to him when I was trying to take photos it was so funny and just couldn’t stop laughing.

bit blurry sorry

It was really misty in this area and can remember jumping a few times but I was scared like I had been in the past (alcohol may have had something to do with it), one we were through this are we headed towards the walking dead house, confident Hannah was no more and I went back into wimp mode I was asking the guys how long the queue was and how long it took to walk through in the end I though man up you are here to do this and you want too next thing I know we are in the line. I would say we took about 20minutes as we was approaching the front they had a change of scare actors so tried to take some photos and then they just scared the living day lights out of me. As we appoarched the front I could already see the first scare actor, my DF was wearing shorts so I told him to go first and I would hook my finger through the back of his belt hole so I could be safer for the first house anyway.

Once we was in I’m not going to lie I did scream but I also as laughing my head off at the same time and shouting at the actors at the part where they were trying to grab noah through the turnstiles o hell no I was not down with that in the programme let alone in the maze. Before we knew it I had made it out the other side buzzed up and ready for more. I think we picked a good house to start with as it didn’t have massive scares and put me off. We then grabbed another drink why not and watched the bill and ted show it is so funny. After this we walked over to diagon alley as we thought we would see the queue for gringotts SWEEEET 5 minutes we was on it like a shot bad and vodka coke in the locker we was away. Great ride again there was a family in front of us with a girl who was about 10 fair play to her for coming to horror nights very impressed.

Anyway I won’t bore you with the rest but we did all the scare zones twice and the houses we did include jack presents 25 ears of monsters and mayhem (Amazing) was so scared when we went in the room with all the jacks and was walking round with my thumbs up saying keep up the good work guys great job in hope they wouldn’t get me. Asylum in wonderland which I couldn’t enjoy as my glasses wouldn’t stay on and just kept falling off and doesn’t help that in one of the rooms I actually walked into one of the walls and feel on the floor next morning I had a pretty hefty bruise to show for it, American werewolf in London (cant remember a thing) and finally freddy vs Jason which was really good and also a lot more drink along the way.

At about 12:30 we decided to call it a day!

so we walk out the park after an awesome evening as as we walked past bubbas the DF ordered an uber, we got to the area to be picked up and had no idea who or where this cab was next min he rung us up shouted im flashing my lights him along with 3 other cars it didn’t really help. Anyway 5 mintues later we find our driver and he isn’t a happy bunny and rated us a 2 cheeky mare. No talk at all the whole way home and back to the hotel about 1:30 was so weird walking in no one was around and the hotel was deserted.

However great evening amazing and I can’t wait for this year arghhhhh, but I knew I was due a hideous hangover in the morning!
hcollins16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 16, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Can't wait to do HHN this year
...my 1st time so I bet I'm a right wuss haha. Il be like you...may need to build up to going In the houses!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
hcollins16
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Ali Hart View Post
Can't wait to do HHN this year
...my 1st time so I bet I'm a right wuss haha. Il be like you...may need to build up to going In the houses!
you will have an amazing time honestly so much fun, once you have been in the first house you will wonder why you was so worried. sometimes its good just to find somewhere to sit take it all in and then you see there are people alot more scared than you are.
hcollins16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post

so much fun lots of scares and lots of laughs xx hoping to do next years x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh my god it sounds awful. 🙈🙈🙈🙈I'm too much of a wuss.