Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 30 Apr 17, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Cpt Underpants
Apprentice Imagineer

We take a mini picnic when we go out geocaching. Our children get bored sharpish and like to get going very quickly. In our picnic 'basket' we have sandwiches, crisps, a sweet treat, fruit and a drink.
Old 30 Apr 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
This thread is making me hungry! Might have to do a picnic tomorrow.

We take carrot sticks and grapes, strawberries, sandwiches (cheese and pickle ones, marmite ones) cocktail sausages, crisps, mini brownie bites, single finger twix, sometimes make and slice lemon drizzle loaf or tea loaf, veggie sausage rolls and bakewell or jam tarts.

Also take a Kong stuffed with peanut butter for the dog to keep him busy. (Natural peanut only one)
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

My favourite think to take is picnic bread, it is homemade bread filled with whatever fillings you like, I do chicken, bacon, cheese and sun blushed tomatoes. You roll the dough out like you would a Swiss roll cover with your choice of fillings roll up and put in a loaf tin and bake. Yum
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by lemon-squeeze View Post
My favourite think to take is picnic bread, it is homemade bread filled with whatever fillings you like, I do chicken, bacon, cheese and sun blushed tomatoes. You roll the dough out like you would a Swiss roll cover with your choice of fillings roll up and put in a loaf tin and bake. Yum
My god that sounds amazing 🤤
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
My god that sounds amazing 🤤
It's is and the best thing is the kids dont like.
Also it is so easy to make
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Always egg mayonnaise sandwiches, cocktail sausages (for the dog), a flask of boiling water, teabags, fresh milk, buttered scones, nothing like it
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 17, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
rach19
Imagineer

rach19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We take cobs, crisps, grapes, strawberries, cocktail sausages and a drink.
Cabana bay, gulf coast and Miami Aug 2018
All Star Music and Dolphin split stay Aug/Sept 2022
rach19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 03:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
mmmmmmm! This makes me so hungry! I'm planning to take a picnic to stanley park next week for my bf's birthday and it's going to be sunny, yay! Going to buy a picnic blanket and relax in the park for a while.

Some nice ideas, especially about making your own scotch eggs etc.

I think I'm going to take, crackers with some butter and cheese. Boiled eggs and maybe a couple of scotch eggs.
Then I'm going to get some potato salad from the supermarket deli, was going to make my own but don't think I'll have time.
Maybe some chips and dip.
Sandwiches, I'm thinking maybe chicken mayo? I love egg mayo sandwiches but as I'm already planning on taking eggs/scotch eggs I think chicken would be different. Maybe bagels instead? Oh I don't know, probably not a good idea to think of when you're hungry lol
I might actually cook some chicken nuggets, these used to b my favourite when I was a kid and I love them cold.
I'm taking strawberries for sure as need some sort of fruit.
And maybe something sweet? The idea if scones with jam and cream sounds amazing, and I know I can get "english" clotted cream at a store nearby here.
Was also going to bring wine, but I think thats a no-no here. Never mind, coke it is!
Will also get some paper plates and cutlery I think.
I had some other ideas and now I can't even remember what they were!
Will post photos here of what I end up packing

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Has to be cold chicken legs. We all I've them and then of course scotch eggs ,some quiche and some salad
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List