Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 2 Jun 17, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchbounce
slightly serious Dibber

Got back last night- Highs and Lows

Highs-
The 'Happy Anniversary Disneyland Paris' show- it was just magical and a lovely chance to bring it all together with all the lands.

Character interactions- In the parade, In the queues around the park, spontaneous meet and greets, plaza gardens, they all were really good with Riley baring in mind he was a little worried.

Newport Bay! - We had a balcony room facing the car park, Was lovely and spacious. Its just such a lovely hotel!, They also offered to try get us into another pool as ours was closed.

Illuminations- I just loved it, although there wasn't lots of different characters.

In the middles-
The temperature- It was hot, now I'm not complaining at all really but there were times I thought Riley was going to burn on get heat stroke as there wasn't many places to escape.

Lows-

Wi-Fi- NPB lost its Wi-Fi for 3 days of our holiday (was still off when we left) they said they didn't know why but it was a bit annoying as we had to go to a different hotel to video call home as Riley is too young to talk in a normal call.

Merchandise- The lack of it, Couldn't physically buy a boys dinner plate, until at the New York where there was a few Toy Story. There isn't anything really crockery in the 25th anniversary for kids.

Queues-Cant be helped but we must have moved about 5 spaces in 30/45 mins for Chip n Dale in EMH. Make a lot of friends around you though when you're all trying to entertain your kids. We queued 2 hrs for Minnie, split with we queued at the same time for chip n dale. However Minnie's interaction made up for it.

parkside diner- ive always loved this place but the food this time was dire. There was barely anything for kids, then they had things like meatballs but the pasta was mac n cheese. There really was not a lot of choice. Although they were really good to get us a table as the booking was on the wrong day.

Edited at 11:40 AM.
Stitchbounce is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

The character queues are a bit of a double edged sword. I've found the interactions better at DLP than WDW, but because they spend more time with you that then makes the queues longer. It's like the queues are longer because the interactions are longer, but people then rightly want longer interaction because they've waited so long haha.

Glad you had a great time, shame about the wifi at the hotel.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchbounce
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Yeah, i get that entirely, Its just one of those awkward things. At one point they were trying to hurry us up with Chip n Dale. i was in two minds, no i will take as long as i want because ive waited, and also like well if we are quick then everyone else who waited can have their turn
Old 2 Jun 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc2116
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by Stitchbounce View Post
Merchandise- The lack of it, Couldn't physically buy a boys dinner plate, until at the New York where there was a few Toy Story. There isn't anything really crockery in the 25th anniversary for kids.
Completely agree with this. We had the same problem a couple of weeks ago.
sarahc2116 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
cairn114
Excited about Disney

Similiar problem, lots of merchandise sold out or not much choice. Spent ages trying to track down all the Tsum Tsums.
cairn114 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
diby5
Imagineer

We got back yesterday and couldn't agree more with your point about the merchandise. DW and I usually buy a reasonable amount (read: too much) including collecting Fridge Magnets. This time our total haul was two t-shirts for me a hoody for DW and 1 generic magnet. We could not find a 2017 or 25th Anniversary magnet anywhere, which has left us a little disappointed as we have magnets for every other year we have visited a Disney park as well as every other anniversary we have attended.
I felt sure there would be a magnet somewhere since they are so popular, but it appears not. I could have got plenty of small, china, 25th anniversary handbells though
If anyone does know where they sell them, please let me know, we are back for the RunDisney weekend in September.

1997 Orange Lake Country Club, 1999 CBR, 2000 Grosvenor/Sandals Royal Bahamian, 2002/3 Wyndham Palace, 2004 ASMo, 2007 POFQ, 2009 CSR, 2010 BC (Disney Wedding), 2011 BWI, 2012 BC, 2013 Poly, January 2015 OKW, November 2015 BC/HoJo Anaheim/Casablanca NYC, 2016 Palm Pavilion Clearwater/AKL, 2019 POR, 2022/3 BC, 2024 YC
diby5 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
Originally Posted by diby5 View Post
We got back yesterday and couldn't agree more with your point about the merchandise. DW and I usually buy a reasonable amount (read: too much) including collecting Fridge Magnets. This time our total haul was two t-shirts for me a hoody for DW and 1 generic magnet. We could not find a 2017 or 25th Anniversary magnet anywhere, which has left us a little disappointed as we have magnets for every other year we have visited a Disney park as well as every other anniversary we have attended.
I felt sure there would be a magnet somewhere since they are so popular, but it appears not. I could have got plenty of small, china, 25th anniversary handbells though
If anyone does know where they sell them, please let me know, we are back for the RunDisney weekend in September.
I was the same we went at the beginning of May and searched everywhere for a 25th anniversary fridge magnet. Very disappointed to not find one and I hardly brought anything back.
Old 3 Jun 17, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

We got back early hours of this morning.
We found it too hot - our 2yr struggled with queuing for characters as not much shade.
So he only met Mickey as that was in a air conditioned room. Hopefully he will cope with the heat in Florida...

Diby5 - so glad you mentioned the magnets! I thought I was going round the twist not being able to find a 2017 one or a 25 year one. Surely they haven't sold out?
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchbounce
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

when we rang up to rebook we mentioned this and the woman said they must be popular! but they so should have ordered some more by now as lots are saying its sold put for a while