Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 4 Jun 17, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes Eeyore signed ours at Inventions too. But didn't sign at PG, neither did Piglet which I found odd as we've met Piglet before at DLP and WDW and got signatures.

I like doing character meals as waiting in lines takes forever - we queued 55 minutes in the heat for Alice and Mad Hatter! But really not sure I'd do PG or Auberge again. I've been visiting for years and found neither experience up to the standard of character meals. Inventions however is a different matter!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

I love the choice at Inventions but we were sitting in the end room so couldn't see the buffet from our table. With the length of the queues for food and the speed at which the characters came round DS had to stay at the table with either DH or me so I had to guess at what he'd like to eat.

When we ate there 4 years ago we had a table close to the buffet and it was nowhere near as busy. Perhaps taking the characters out of cafe Mickey has encouraged more people to pay for Inventions or is it that the dining plans are being pushed/included more?
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
I love the choice at Inventions but we were sitting in the end room so couldn't see the buffet from our table. With the length of the queues for food and the speed at which the characters came round DS had to stay at the table with either DH or me so I had to guess at what he'd like to eat.

When we ate there 4 years ago we had a table close to the buffet and it was nowhere near as busy. Perhaps taking the characters out of cafe Mickey has encouraged more people to pay for Inventions or is it that the dining plans are being pushed/included more?
I had difficulty getting the times/days I wanted for the first time ever really. I think this is down to dining plans being pushed more. The parks weren't that busy so it definitely wasn't that! Just lots of people in restaurants. DLP needs to make money, food and dining plans are a easier way to do this.

It's always the same at Inventions - you don't want to miss characters but I found it much more doable than PG where you blinked and the characters were there and gone - barely any interaction at all.

We find if you just get a small amount of food, wait for characters then go and get a larger amount once most have been it works well. We had time at the end where we'd seen all the characters (7 or 8), and then they came round again and still interacted with us. Eeyore was amazing - we even got a smile which I've never seen before - he simply lifted his head and the smile is there! You don't see it usually as it's hidden away due to his head being low. It was so sweet! My DD2 was in her element. We were in the round, end room too btw!

Of the restos we did I'd only repeat Inventions (but we do this every trip) and Chez Remy (best meal ever at DLP!). Auberge, imo, is past its best and not worth the money (esp given it's the most expensive character meal) - perhaps if your children are Princess mad, but mine are getting over that! They didn't even do the dancing any more - there was no Prince!

Edited at 03:04 PM.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
Of the restos we did I'd only repeat Inventions (but we do this every trip) and Chez Remy (best meal ever at DLP!). Auberge, imo, is past its best and not worth the money (esp given it's the most expensive character meal) - perhaps if your children are Princess mad, but mine are getting over that! They didn't even do the dancing any more - there was no Prince!
We loved chez remy. We had a table booked at 5pm and they sat us in the window by the ride. Lots of the little kids waved at us as they got off the ride. It was a bit eerie though once the ride closed. The restaurant was really quiet and the food was lovely.

We've never done Auberge. We only have DS and he'll be 11 this week so no interest in princesses. When we went before he was 5 & 6 and I wasn't paying that amount of money for food he wouldn't eat.

PG was ok because we got there just before 8.15 and were told we had 15 mins until the characters arrived so stocked up on several plates each! Only near miss was when the characters disappeared to change ends. I nearly missed Mickey when he came back in. Also DS had closed his autograph book so Mickey opened it and spotted he'd already signed (at the DLH) so didn't sign again. Rookie error on DS's part!
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
We loved chez remy. We had a table booked at 5pm and they sat us in the window by the ride. Lots of the little kids waved at us as they got off the ride. It was a bit eerie though once the ride closed. The restaurant was really quiet and the food was lovely.

We've never done Auberge. We only have DS and he'll be 11 this week so no interest in princesses. When we went before he was 5 & 6 and I wasn't paying that amount of money for food he wouldn't eat.

PG was ok because we got there just before 8.15 and were told we had 15 mins until the characters arrived so stocked up on several plates each! Only near miss was when the characters disappeared to change ends. I nearly missed Mickey when he came back in. Also DS had closed his autograph book so Mickey opened it and spotted he'd already signed (at the DLH) so didn't sign again. Rookie error on DS's part!
We also had a nice table (it was like a booth) at Chez Remy - I couldn't fault it at all.

To be honest the children's meals at Auberge were ok - it was the 3 adult meals that were not very nice! First time though as we've done Auberge at least 7/8 times. I've sworn ever again now though. Even the staff weren't that nice compared to the other restaurants we ate at.

We were on the second sitting for PG and it was a bun fight just to get in! Not my idea of fun. I preferred my muffin and coffee in Salon Mickey! 👍🏻

Edited at 09:26 PM.
Old 5 Jun 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ah you're back! So glad you had a fab time the park is looking gorgeous I can't wait to get back!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Glad you had such a good time. I am getting very excited about our trip in August now.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Ah you're back! So glad you had a fab time the park is looking gorgeous I can't wait to get back!
Yes thanks. So gorgeous! Sparkling! Lucky you going again in October 👍🏻
Old 6 Jun 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
Glad you had such a good time. I am getting very excited about our trip in August now.
Thanks! You'll have a great time. The park looks amazing. Enjoy your planning - it'll be here before we know it.