Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Aug 17, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
I had a look at the Navigator as well but some of the new features on the Independence have my kids hooked

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your report on The Rhapsody
I am trying to get around to writing it! I have scanned the cruise compass for each day just trying to connect the two.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I have had a look at RCI, and I'm really not happy with the current deal at all, giving me a really high price, and $55 for the drinks per day is a killer.

Best I have found so far is TUI (Thomson), but I've been a bit spoilt by NCL this last time I worry i'll be disappointed
Old 15 Aug 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
Royal Caribbean do- we had it for our cruise. Most people on our cruise had it thrown in too. I am waiting to see if they offer it for next year- we booked in September last year for July the following year.
Once the cabin price goes above the price of the drinks package they will throw it in for free

We booked on board for August 2018 and it's already gone up in price for similar cabins.

People not knowing the original prices for cabins will think they are getting it for free
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
The drinks package price depends on where you are cruising with Rcl. I don't think they offer it for free in the Caribbean. I have paid £13 a night for the refreshment package which is all sodas, mocktails, speciality teas and coffees and bottle water. The alcohol package is £35 a night at the minute. I have hesitated at booking the alcohol package because it was only me who wanted it and on our sailing all passengers in the cabin over 21 have to buy the package. My husband is happy with his coffees and will
Just buy the occasional glass of wine with dinner.
The rule that all adults in the cabin had to buy it was done away with sometime ago. That said they have just reintroduced it as a "trial" on certain boats. Cannot at this time say which ones. They were getting fed up of one person using a single card to supply the second person.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
The rule that all adults in the cabin had to buy it was done away with sometime ago. That said they have just reintroduced it as a "trial" on certain boats. Cannot at this time say which ones. They were getting fed up of one person using a single card to supply the second person.
Unfortunately ours is one of the sailings ! As far as I know it is Harmony of the seas from September to December but I'm sure they will get introduce it fleetwide
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My bil is on the oasis in the Caribbean now and had a free drinks package but recently he was told that they are not offering it free anymore but will honour existing bookings but they had to pay a small charge on board or something? We have booked the Indy next year and were going to wait for a free drinks offer but when they told us that we decided to go for it so booked with 20% off. We also have the NCL Gem booked from NY next Easter and got free drinks and free dining package before they changed to all inclusive.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
My bil is on the oasis in the Caribbean now and had a free drinks package but recently he was told that they are not offering it free anymore but will honour existing bookings but they had to pay a small charge on board or something? We have booked the Indy next year and were going to wait for a free drinks offer but when they told us that we decided to go for it so booked with 20% off. We also have the NCL Gem booked from NY next Easter and got free drinks and free dining package before they changed to all inclusive.
My travel agent also told me that RCI are not going to be offering drinks packages going forward so I am glad to read this as another source. I was going to wait for a free drinks package but when I heard that they weren't going to offer them I went ahead & booked the Indy for next summer.
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List