Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 22 Aug 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Avani's_mum
Getting Excited

The Three Amigos Travel Day

Abit of background info on the three Amigos...
Me - stacey 34 recently separated from my husband of 10 years.
Daughter - Avani 11 going on 21 she is my whole world.
My dad - Tony 62.
Originally this trip was for me and Avani but since we lost my beautiful mum in February I invited my dad to join us 😊
We were doing 3 nights in Kyriad flying out from Manchester to CDG. First timers of DLP but veterans of WDW with approx 20 trips over the last 25 Ish years.

TRAVEL DAY (Monday 14th August)

The morning was spent showering and packing until my boss picked us up at 1.15pm to take us to the airport.

The M6 was an absolute nightmare due to an accident so what should have been a 40 mins journey was 2 hours!
We had checked in online so we went straight through security and into the departure lounge at T3.
There isn't a lot of choice on things to eat and it was crazy busy so we chose to eat at the Italian and we had gnocchi with a spicy sauce and a beer for me, avani had pasta in tomato sauce and garlic bread and pineapple juice and my dad had mushroom ravioli and a half pint of beer. We're not veggies BTW! lol

Then soon we were called to the gate so after a quick mooch in WH Smith's where we bought sweets, chocolate and pringles and a book for avani we made our way to the gate and soon boarded the plane. We should have been taking off at 5pm but it was 6pm when we finally took off because we needed to wait for fuel. The flight was 1 hour long so avani watched riverdale on Netflix and I watched gossip girl and my dad just chilled! I bought avani a Bueno and I have some mini pretzels that were sooo nice. Reminds me of the virgin flight to Florida!

We soon landed in CDG but we were over an hour late. We walked Straight through passport control and as we only had hand luggage we were soon in the arrivals. Now this is where we had a first fail...our transfer with RS Transfers wasn't there ☹️ we looked for about 10 mins but he was nowhere to be seen so we walked to the taxi bay and just hopped into a taxi and asked him to take us to kyriad Disneyland. 30 mins and €70 later we were there!

We checked in easily and our room was lovely. 2 single beds and a set of bunk beds. We dumped the bags and walked outside and waited for the free shuttle to Disney, it was about 10pm at this point.

The journey was quick and after stopping at a few other hotels we were soon at the Disney village. (About 10 mins total journey time) we headed straight to earl of sandwich! Now my fave one is holiday turkey but they don't do it here so I had Philly cheese, dad had le frenchy and avani had Hawaiian. Omg they were all amazing and just as good as the states and they came with a drink and brownie! Gorgeous.

We then mooched around the shops and headed back to the shuttle bus...what can I say about the shuttle queue... HORRENDOUS! OMG there was no organisation and no staff manning the non existent queue it was a free for all. I'm a chilled person but my god my blood was boiling. After not getting on the first 2 buses we fought our way on the 3rd bus and we were crammed in like sardines.
What I will say about the kyriad is that your the first to be picked up and first to be dropped off. So we were back at the hotel at 12.30pm. We chatted and unpacked and then went to sleep ready for our next day... Disneyland Parc!

Thank you for reading!
Stace

FLORIDA =1994.1996.1998.1999.2001.2007.2008.2014.2016.2018
Avani's_mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Can't wait to see what you get up to around the parks! We fly out on Sunday!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nice start! Looking forward to reading more.