Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jul 17, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsIceCreamVan
I have Ears

cyclops Shanghai November 2017

Good evening all!

My best friends husband works for Disney (Senior Manager, Tech Resources & Fireworks) and they've been out in Shanghai for three and a half years whilst D has been 'helping' get the park off of the ground.

I'm headed out to Shanghai in November for a week for both of my friends' 40th birthdays along with another mutual friend (my husband is not a good flyer and has requested to stay home to cat sit our four legged beasties) so bringing K along for the ride. We do have at least one day planned for Disneyland (I'm hoping we get two days but *shock horror* K is not a Disney fan ... I know, I know, why am I even friends with her?) so I was wondering if anyone would like me to do a quick/short or even a long winded trip report of our visit out there?

Can't promise it will be as epic as some others out there but happy to take copious notes and a few (hundred) photographs if anyone is interested! If so, I'll start on a pre trippie a bit nearer the time!

Zai Jian xx
MrsIceCreamVan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'd love to read about your experience with the park being so new and not many people from this part of the world travelling there, details of trip experiences are in short supply.

Have a wonderful trip!
Old 19 Jul 17, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
pink glitter
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by MrsIceCreamVan View Post
Good evening all!

My best friends husband works for Disney (Senior Manager, Tech Resources & Fireworks) and they've been out in Shanghai for three and a half years whilst D has been 'helping' get the park off of the ground.

I'm headed out to Shanghai in November for a week for both of my friends' 40th birthdays along with another mutual friend (my husband is not a good flyer and has requested to stay home to cat sit our four legged beasties) so bringing K along for the ride. We do have at least one day planned for Disneyland (I'm hoping we get two days but *shock horror* K is not a Disney fan ... I know, I know, why am I even friends with her?) so I was wondering if anyone would like me to do a quick/short or even a long winded trip report of our visit out there?

Can't promise it will be as epic as some others out there but happy to take copious notes and a few (hundred) photographs if anyone is interested! If so, I'll start on a pre trippie a bit nearer the time!

Zai Jian xx
Yes please, I would love to read your trip report 😀
pink glitter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 17, 05:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Wow, lovley trip and what a job he has, my son is a techie and this would make him drool!
Yes please to anything and everything- I feel you may also get some pixie dust that would make your notes, pictures report, whatever you can manage, rather special!
You never know, you may covert your friend a bit... lol.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've been to the Disneyland in Shanghai if anyone has any questions!

A couple of observations from my end...

1) It felt very big... a lot more gardens than MK in Florida.

2) There are a couple of rides in front of the Castle, so Main Street doesn't quite have the same reveal...

3) The Castle is HUGE

4) POTC is literally the best ride in the world

5) Quite a few people speak English, although all of the shows and rides are in Chinese

6) Take note when you go to the loo, as some of the loos are regular loos and some are squat loos.

7) The Tron ride is FAB.

8) It's really easy to get to as it has its own subway stop.

If anyone has any specific questions, please PM me
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

I'd love to read anything you care to write about and it would be great to see some pictures. And I wouldn't bother taking your friend if she isn't a Disney fan - it will be tough, but I think I could take her place! No? Oh well, have a great time anyway.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Absolutely, yes please!

Tracey, did you write a trippie?
Old 3 Sep 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Absolutely, yes please!

Tracey, did you write a trippie?
Hi Karen!

No I didn't - I only went for a day and it was on the back end of a work trip. And there was only me!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
Hi Karen!

No I didn't - I only went for a day and it was on the back end of a work trip. And there was only me!
Oh, that's a shame, I would have loved to read it! Sounds like you had a fab day though
Old 16 Oct 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Arizona
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
I've been to the Disneyland in Shanghai if anyone has any questions!

A couple of observations from my end...

1) It felt very big... a lot more gardens than MK in Florida.

2) There are a couple of rides in front of the Castle, so Main Street doesn't quite have the same reveal...

3) The Castle is HUGE

4) POTC is literally the best ride in the world

5) Quite a few people speak English, although all of the shows and rides are in Chinese

6) Take note when you go to the loo, as some of the loos are regular loos and some are squat loos.

7) The Tron ride is FAB.

8) It's really easy to get to as it has its own subway stop.

If anyone has any specific questions, please PM me
Hi

I'm travelling to China next month and hoping to visit Shanghai Disneyland, I have a few questions...

How busy was it when you were there? What were the wait times like?

Did you use Fast Pass if so was it easy to use?

Did you book your ticket in advance or on the day when you arrived at Disney?

Is there enough to do there to enjoy 2 full days?

Thanks for any info you can give.
Arizona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List