Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 12 Sep 17, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
samd
Earning More Ears

Mobility Scooter Rental

Hi everyone! My partner and I vacation in Florida every year, but one thing we've never had to consider is scooter rental. In 2019 my whole family are going and we'll need to rent two scooters, one for my mum and one for my dad. I've just started looking at companies (I know it's early, but my Dad wants to know roughly how much it'll cost). Ideally we would like the scooter delivered to the accommodation soon after we arrive.

So my question is: have any of you had to rent scooters for a two week period? Any advice/recommendations/tips/cost advice would be greatly appreciated?

Many thanks in advance
samd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnsonsontour
Apprentice Imagineer

Johnsonsontour's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I only just booked one a month ago for our forthcoming October trip. First time we have ever needed one I did a check on all the recommended ones on here. There isn't much between the few I chose to be honest. We have paid about £190 for 2wks with Florida Mobility Rentals which is owned by Brits. That includes pick up/drop off and insurance!
(If you think Disney charge $50 a day, it works out cheaper whoever you end up using!)
Sunset Lakes - Villa Aug 2015, Aug 2016 Oct 2017 Oct 2019

Edited at 03:31 PM.
Johnsonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
samd
Earning More Ears

That's great, thank you! I'd love to hear your opinion on the company when you return! Have a great holiday
samd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnsonsontour
Apprentice Imagineer

Johnsonsontour's Reviews
Originally Posted by samd View Post
That's great, thank you! I'd love to hear your opinion on the company when you return! Have a great holiday
Sure will! Its all about the Customer Service & our experience with the company in Resort now
Johnsonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

We used randy's mobility in the summer for 2 weeks cost was just over £200. Had arranged for it to be delivered to the hotel (Disney POR) first morning but we had an early breakfast booked at animal kingdom so called them from the park after breakfast and they delivered there instead very quickly explained everything how to use,charge, brake down and put together for putting in car. Never had any problems batteries were never dropped below half even after forgetting to plug in one or two nights. For collection they gave us a number to call on the day and was just able to give over to reception at cabana bay and they collected from there.
Wouldn't hesitate to use again.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnsonsontour
Apprentice Imagineer

Johnsonsontour's Reviews
Originally Posted by mojo.121 View Post
We used randy's mobility in the summer for 2 weeks cost was just over £200.
Wouldn't hesitate to use again.
That was the other company who I was originally going to go with but there was a difference of £40 for us at the time of quote, but there correspondence was brilliant & they had great reviews as well!
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Our guests atbthe villa over the years can't recommend Randys enough and I know when I had a lupus flair they delivers a scooterband a wheel chair to the villa within an hour and have always been before check,out time to,pick,up,from guests as well
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Johnsonsontour
Apprentice Imagineer

Johnsonsontour's Reviews
just got back! Florida Mobility Rentals were brilliant! Owned by Brits, turned up within the allocated hour delivery/pick up slot & we even made a last minute decision to keep the scooter last minute for another day with no extra charge! We had a new battery on ours & my DH being light, it lasted 2 days in parks before needing a charge!
Old 27 Oct 17, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

I am here currently and I have rented from Randy's. 1st time I have ever had to use one, they dropped off at the villa we are renting, excellent service
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

Do you have a link for these, how would I find them? I am looking at something like this for 2019. My hubby hates the thought but if I have it delivered he can’t do anything about it 😀.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List