Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 13 Sep 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Hendriks
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

DVC at Animal Kingdom Lodge- Types of Room

Hello Dibbers Just some advice please

We quite like AKL and usually go via Disney with free dining and rent two Standard rooms - We are 2 adults- Parents and 2 kids
I usually sleep in room on own due to snoring and wife and kids in the other

We have been thinking of DVC at AKL but the free dining sort of swayed us this year for booking direct -2 rooms again

we are thinking of either getting enough points for a 1 bed villa - as that has 2 separate sleeping area in lounge and would suit us.

But
However I was thinking maybe doing a hybrid

ie wife and kids get a standard room from Disney at AKL Jambo house and use the free dining for 3 of them
I rent a studio room via DVC

My query is the Options via DVC for Rooms at AKL

I have seen deluxe studios for 9 points a night
Are they in Jambo House or Kildani?

There appears to be Option to rent "Hotel Rooms" and these are much at 45 points a night

What is the difference?

Also with Free Dining and Doing DVC

Could we all book 1 room with disney and get free dining for 4 of us
But then book the second room as a DVC deluxe studio ie where I would sleep

technically id have two rooms- is that possible?
Hendriks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Dvc members can book at either Jambo or Kidani they are separate catogories. Jambo rooms are the top 2 floors of the hotel that were converted from hotel rooms. Kidani is all dvc. Jambo has value, standard and savannah views, but there are very few value rooms (think 5?) And these go immediately at the 11 month window as low in points. They are essentially smaller than normal?

Where are you looking at points rental / charts? Not sure what 'hotel rooms' you mean to be honest? When are you going? Dvc has different peak times for availability then cash rooms? Low season means lower points so offen dvc gets booked up fast?

If you are happy with the cost of renting points then I can't see any issue with having two rooms although I guess you will have to check in twice which they might query if you are all booked in one room? I can't personally see any issues with it though? You could have different lead names for each room?

Edited at 06:58 PM.
catlady is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hendriks
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hello

Kate I was getting Confused as i Saw this link on DVC

disneyvacationclub.disney.go...lodge/booking/

It says Hotel rooms from 32 Points

I just found a separate link which mentions ANimal Kingdom as well

disneyvacationclub.disney.go.../points-rooms/

Hence my confusion

I think as I snore a Value room from 9 points would be Ideal as only for nodding off and-

from what you say we can book all 4 of us into a normal Room via Disney UK and get free dining offer?

Raj
Hendriks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

You will struggle to get a value at Animal Kingdom unless you get a AK DVC owner to book at exactly 11 months and even then its a lottery. They are highly sort after.

DVC bookings are not entitled for free dining.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If I understand you correctly you are enquiring as opposed to buying ? If buying you would need to factor in cost& annual dues.
Renting:
A "normal" hotel room will cost you more points wise than a DVC studio, basically because you are getting daily maid service, you will also get a toaster,microwave & coffee maker in the dvc studio.
To get the free dining you would have to book the 4 of you into the AKL & then rent the DVC room as extra.You can have as many rooms as you like, as long as you are paying for them !
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Hendriks View Post
Hello

Kate I was getting Confused as i Saw this link on DVC

disneyvacationclub.disney.go...lodge/booking/

It says Hotel rooms from 32 Points

I just found a separate link which mentions ANimal Kingdom as well

disneyvacationclub.disney.go.../points-rooms/

Hence my confusion

I think as I snore a Value room from 9 points would be Ideal as only for nodding off and-

from what you say we can book all 4 of us into a normal Room via Disney UK and get free dining offer?

Raj
The value rooms are very hard to get as mentioned so I would assume you would need a standard, unless you get very lucky! If you look on the menu at the side of the dibb page there is a dvc calculator. If you put your dates in you can see how many points you need for your stay. There is an American website called David's dvc rentals, you can look on there and see the how much it would cost through them.

Some dibbers rent too, usually between £9-£10 a point?