Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Sep 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ducati211
Trainee Dibber

always forget about Jet2 thats my to do list for tomorrow
ducati211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
leenkerri
Imagineer

Mobile

We have done Costa Adeje Tenerife, Corralejo Fuerterventura, and I'm sat in Lanzarote airport now waiting to come home.
My favourite has been Lanzarote. Love the Playa Blanca area. But for more things to do with kids I'd say Tenerife as Siam park is brilliant.

Lee: QIP 1990; Fantasy world villas 1992; QIP 1996
Lee & Kerri: QIP 2008; QIP/AKL 2009; POR 2010; QIP/SSR 2011
leenkerri is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We've been to Tenerife a few times recently, there's plenty to do there. I refuse to just lay and sunbathe so there needs to be plenty for us to do.
Siam Park is excellent, IMO better than Florida waterparks, always have a couple of trips here.
Jungle Park is a nice zoo with the best Bird of Prey demo I've ever seen.
Loro Parque is a huge zoo, but at the north of the island.
Monkey Park is another little zoo where you can feed loads of monkeys/lemurs.
There's a submarine you can go on, we did and saw loads of fish and rays.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Purplefrog
slightly serious Dibber

My friend was telling me recently about the rainforest on Grand Canaria.
Have been to Teneriffe and Lanzerote and tbh wasn't overly keen on either but that rain forest sounds fascinating and might just tempt me back.
Purplefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rea
Very Serious Dibber

Greece is my favourite, Sani in Halkidiki, Santorini, Mykonos are all really stunning places. I like the quieter areas of Corfu but with regards to the Canaries, I like La Palma better than Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote etc.
Old 20 Sep 17, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

We are in Tenerife right now. It's our 7th AI visit to the same hotel as it is good value with Jet2and suits us. We went AI to Gran Canaria in June and while we enjoyed it thought we wouldn't go back as the hotel was good but isolated, we were a la carte but tried the buffet and didn't like it. After a bit of thought tried to book again with Jet2 for next June but their allocation of the room type we wanted had already gone - looked as far as September with lots of other Companies and hotel itself but no luck so it will be Tenerife again.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Went to Fuertevetura once in the CI.

Failed to factor in the cockroaches, perhaps we were unlucky.

Would not return in a hurry.

Disney332
Same experience here- sorry will not return
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Tried them all & would probably rate in following order: Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Tenerife (didn't like Gran Canaria, although was a long time ago).
Lanzarote is definitely our favourite having been 4 times in last 8 years & there again in February.
We always book DIY normally with EasyJet flights but check Jet2Holidays as they sometimes aren't much more expensive. Then we just check out Trip advisor for hotels in the areas we like & would recommend Costa Teguise, Playa Blanca & Costa Calero in Lanzarote.
We always request a high floor as we find this beats the critters - just our experience but apart from Gran Canaria many years ago the roaches have never been an issue for us.
In case you didn't know EasyJet will release flights early morning next Wednesday so you could possibly bag a good flight price to the Canaries
Happy planning
Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ducati211
Trainee Dibber

DH now thinking he would prefer Greece! I think we were spoiled with Florida this year and we cant decide on where to try next just know we want a place with activities. This weekend going spend time on trip advisor to narrow down hotels in both places and take it form there.
Thank everyone
ducati211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 17, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sunnysandra
Very Serious Dibber

I would love to do Greece but hubby has never wanted to go so when we don't do Florida we go to fuerteventura I really like it there but after 9 visits want to try somewhere new
sunnysandra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List