Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Sep 17, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I'm hoping that my boys will sleep on the plane - they will be 14 and 11 when we go and im going to try to say that if we can all not put on the Tv/tablets until half way through the flight and just use the first half at least to rest, then I'm hoping that will mean we will combat the time difference. As you say, best laid plans and all though!

Are you flying Norwegian? We flew with them last month to Florida, and they are meant to have planes that combat jet lag - well for me they definitely worked! (Coming home, it usually takes me over a week to get back to normal, as I can't get off to sleep until at least 2am and then struggle to wake up - this year with NA, I went to sleep at 10pm and awoke at 7am - first night and every night afterwards! So really hoping this will help in NYC too! )
We are, not flown with them before. Our kids are almost the same age as yours. I would love them to sleep on the plane but they never have before!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
We are, not flown with them before. Our kids are almost the same age as yours. I would love them to sleep on the plane but they never have before!
We loved Norwegian so much this time, that they are now going to be our airline of choice (rather than just because they were the cheapest - which was our reason for the last trip!)

Last time I convinced both of my boys to sleep well as we were collecting a puppy the next day and explained that it wouldn't be fair on the pup if they were tired when we collected her! It did the trick and they both went totally console free for the whole flight home. I am going to try and say something similar about the things we want to do in New York - mine are now finally at an age where they can see that SOMETIMES mum says stuff for their own good and they can see why things they might not want to do, might be beneficial in the long run! I can but hope anyway! Lol!
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bradleysmummy
Imagineer

Bradleysmummy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We're flying that Norwegian flight too! 5.35am take off land at JFK 8.35am, this is new to me as I usually land at JFK around lunch time drop bags and then head around times square and then up ESB and stay there for sunset (2 birds 1 stone - day and night views) but this time we have a full day so I have no idea what to do first!

Good to hear the planes are nice though and hopefully will try to sleep as much as possible on the flight!
Bradleysmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List