Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
VIP Dibber

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Day 5 - 17th September 2017 (Part 1)

We had a very stressful start to the day as the transport methods we used (or tried to use) all seemed to be against us. We were off to California Grill for brunch, with a reservation time of 11.55am. After our transport traumas we eventually arrived, stressed, sweaty and having had a few "words" with each other, at 12.15pm. Thankfully the lady who checked us in just told us not to worry and "restored" our booking. Phew!

We were taken up to the 15th floor, handed a mimosa each and shown to the most amazing table right by the window. Our server was Jess, from Buffalo, and she was just the sweetest. We were talked through the menus, given water and a coffee for me and then Jess brought us a couple more mimosas. Unfortunately her tray wobbled and one of the mimosas crashed down on to our table, taking out my coffee with it. The two of them created an almighty splashdown and our table was basically covered! Thankfully neither I nor Ainge had a drop on us Jess was mortified, bless her, but we really weren't bothered at all. Our table was reset in moments and we were free to head up to the buffet!

The first course at brunch is all self-serve and we had about 3 plates full each The sushi and charcuterie was amazing and a special shout out to the devilled eggs too! I don't have any photos of the buffet (because it felt too fancy to be taking snaps) so have a selection of our plates instead...

For the main course, you order an entree each from the menu and it's brought out once you've gorged yourself on buffet treats. I went for the eggs benedict with Maine lobster and Ainge went for the crispy fried chicken breast with Korean sweet and spicy sauce. Oh my word, both were amazing! It was probably the best lobster I've ever had - so sweet and full of flavour.

They were both absolutely massive though and we were starting to get pretty stuffed. However, Jess then appeared with a tray of sweet treats for us to finish on. These were gorgeous but we could barely make a dent so got the rest boxed up to take away. From what I can remember there were fig and cardamom cookies, blueberry and lemon cakes, chocolate bark, blueberry truffle, mango truffle, an early grey macaron and and a salted caramel macaron. So pretty!

We then settled up, leaving a good tip for Jess as she'd been fab. It we'd been paying OOP it would have been $170 plus tip but we used 4 TS credits. Given we had 4 or 5 mimosas each, plus the ridiculous amount of delicious food, I'd definitely pay OOP for it - it was amazing!

I'll write up the rest of day 5 later as we're off to Epcot now for a few rides and then drinks around the world
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream

Our food-filled Disneymoon 2015
A second honeymoon? Sure, why not! September 2017 Pre-Trippy
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Yacht Club Dreamin'
DisneyDreamer81 is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
VIP Dibber

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Ooh that food at Pandora looks SO good, that's seriously one of the things I'm most excited to try. I don't even like cheesecake but that dome !

Yummy pizza, sounds like a fab little dinner before HS. And that dessert party looks a thousand times better than the MK one - although I'd have been totalling devo'd not to be able to have the free cocktails. Really glad you are having such a wonderful time
I was honestly surprised at how good it was! Thought it might be style over substance but it was yum!

The dessert party was so much fun. Absolutely loved it. Thankyou lovely, we're having the best time! Xx
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream

Our food-filled Disneymoon 2015
A second honeymoon? Sure, why not! September 2017 Pre-Trippy
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Yacht Club Dreamin'
DisneyDreamer81 is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Loving your report so far!
Hope you have a great time <3
Dutchdisneyfan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going back, trip nr 5 in
Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Ok, you've sold me on the California Grill brunch. Looks amazing and it's going straight on the list for next year. Looks divine!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to WDW in...